Sign in to follow this  
Account Closed

.. Glenn Roeder:He knows who he is

Norwich boss Glenn Roeder:"Players are given instructions on who to pick up at set pieces and when they don''t do that it is very disappointing."One particular player had let us down badly and that is just not acceptable. He knows who he is."I actually thought we started well enough but as the game went on we could not get a grip." http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_1/7076419.stmSo one of you tacticians please- Who was he ??

"Players are given instructions on who to pick up at set pieces and when they

don''t do that it is very disappointing.

"One particular player had let us down badly and that is just not acceptable. He knows who he is.

Interesting post match comment from Roederwho is he referring to? Semmy?I suppose we will find out at the weekend when he drops whoever it is, but he needs to get them performing pretty soon

I thought roeder didn''t believe in publically critising players.  Wouldn''t these comments been better made behind closed doors.

he didnt openly criticise any individual he just said that person knows who he is, if grant was in charge the firing squad wouldve ben called and thepress there to watch the player being shot, he was trying to establish why we lost and by saying it was a player but not naming him, means that player then thinks well he noticed but hes not named me to protect me.

Could be semmy;  russell or russell for the second goal;   dont think it was lappin;  he was properly positioned fo rthe first goal but simply isnt fast enough for the superb pass and pace he was faced with;  that not following instructions, just lacking in a particular attribute.

My money would be on one of Smith, martin or croft who all refused to play the (un-natural) wide role expected of them (croft left, others right);  all three came narrow restricting space by narrowing the pitch and so making it even easier for watford to contain us that it should have been.