Sign in to follow this  
Dean Coneys boots

just imagine if....

...the board had elected for ambition without the over cautious prudence.............ie invested on the pitch with bravery but not stupidity.

Worthy signs Ashton at the start of the season- firing us up the league. Worhty is replaced at Christmas with a quality manger..by the time of the Fulham game we are safe and not in need of one point due to the difference Ashton make coinciding with a manager who plays people in their correct position thus getting the most out of Helveg et al.

The following season a dissilusioned Earnshaw joins the strike partnership with Ashton and another couple of solid prem players join the team. .........Green continues to improve as does Ashton and Earnshaw and Francis.

What a world away this dream is from the shambles we inherited.

[quote user="vicar in green and yellow"]

...the board had elected for ambition without the over cautious prudence.............ie invested on the pitch with bravery but not stupidity.

Worthy signs Ashton at the start of the season- firing us up the league. Worhty is replaced at Christmas with a quality manger..by the time of the Fulham game we are safe and not in need of one point due to the difference Ashton make coinciding with a manager who plays people in their correct position thus getting the most out of Helveg et al.

The following season a dissilusioned Earnshaw joins the strike partnership with Ashton and another couple of solid prem players join the team. .........Green continues to improve as does Ashton and Earnshaw and Francis.

[/quote]

Knowing what we know about Earnie (the bloke couldn''t wait to leave CR, despite all his ''I love Norwich'' comments), I''m pleased he''s gone. I''ll be alone on this but i''d rather Norwich were playing in the Rymans league with players that want to play for NCFC rather than journeymen just looking to use us to further their ambitions....That''s why i have upmost respect for Huckerby. Whereas i most definitely want success at Norwich (and lots of it), it''s certainly not the reason why i support them. I love Norwich because that''s where i''m from, and i don''t think your Man Utd fans from Telford would ever quite feel the same amount of passion for a ''chosen'' club. Sorry to go off on a tangent Vicar, but i do feel NCFC seems to have a few too many fairweather supporters (not aimed at yourself i might add) these days.   

This post is ridiculous.

Everybody always says this. WHY would we have signed Ashton at start of prem season? he was just another promising youngster. he''d never done anything of note. the reason we signed him in Jan was because he had scored 19goals at that point and was in the form of his life.

If Ashton had fired us up the league then why would we have sacked worthy at christmas?!

I''m against prudence with ambition but this is just making things up to have a go at the board. I want delia out, but more because of the way the board have acted since we came down. i don''t think Worthy was buying the right players prem season, so i think it would have been wasted money. Ashton obviously the exception to that, but Matthias Jonson, Helveg etc. But since then we''ve sold our best player every season since, this year we''ve sold our 3best - without that money having been given back for transfers we are going to be a worse side. im just hoping they back Roeder in Jan!!

[/quote]

aggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh DONT WAKE ME UP....HEAVENNNNNNNNNNN

OTBC

We certainly could have signed Crouch along with Huckerby. It was obvious to all and sundry that with those two in the team we could not fail to go up. As it was he went to Southampton for 2 million and was then sold for seven - not much of a risk there then!

[/quote]

Save it for the pulpit Sky Pilot.

Reality is somewhat removed from wishful thinking.

[quote user="kick it off"]

This post is ridiculous.

Everybody always says this. WHY would we have signed Ashton at start of prem season? he was just another promising youngster. he''d never done anything of note. the reason we signed him in Jan was because he had scored 19goals at that point and was in the form of his life.

If Ashton had fired us up the league then why would we have sacked worthy at christmas?!

I''m against prudence with ambition but this is just making things up to have a go at the board. I want delia out, but more because of the way the board have acted since we came down. i don''t think Worthy was buying the right players prem season, so i think it would have been wasted money. Ashton obviously the exception to that, but Matthias Jonson, Helveg etc. But since then we''ve sold our best player every season since, this year we''ve sold our 3best - without that money having been given back for transfers we are going to be a worse side. im just hoping they back Roeder in Jan!!

[/quote]

“We have to be proactive rather than reactive. We signed Dean Ashton in January instead of pre-season and I think the lesson should have been learned from that."

Guess you didn''t hear him either. I think the vicar must have.

But ''Rev'', while I agree that we would have turned many of those early draws into wins with Ashton on board, why would we then have replaced Worthington? It just wouldn''t have happened. And to be fair, if it had there would have been an outcry on a similar scale to the Worthy Outcry!

[quote user="kick it off"]

This post is ridiculous.

[/quote]You obviously knew nothing about dean ashton.

Well to start with Ashton wasn''t available at the beginning of the season. Crewe were not willing to sell him to anybody until they were established in the division. They were pretty much safe in January and that''s why they sold him to us, they plummeted after his sale and only escaped relegation on the last day of the season. We were the only club willing to take a chance on him in the January transfer window, hence we got him. Hope this clears it up?

we could perhaps have pushed the boat out for Peter Crouch before Southampton did in the promotion season... therefore not even needing Ashton in the 1st place.

jas :)

[quote user="Meeky"]We were the only club willing to take a chance on him in the January transfer window, hence we got him. Hope this clears it up?[/quote]

Think you''ll find the deal was done early on in jan and kept hush(something worthy was good at). Crystal palace matched our bid but deano had already looked around the groud and stuff and decided to come here, who knows who else would have come in for him. Hope this clears it up?