Sign in to follow this  
Bomber

Ipswich game at wrong time

A lot was made that the Ipswich game came at the right time (Roeder himself) as it was his first game in charge.  I believe that it actually was the wrong game to start off with as it gave Roeder a false impression of what the team was like.  How can you play to the extremes of the Ipswich game on Sunday and then be totally dominated by a Watford side in the next game.  Yes I know they are top of the league blah blah blah but at the end of the day we had not given their keeper  a shot to save until we scored and WBA went to their ground and won 3-0 so they are beatable.  I for one did not go overboard when we beat Ipswich as I was under no illusion that we would probably revert back to ourselves after that game.  The fact that it was a local derby   and it was Roeders first game in charge  always meant we were going to raise our game.  But does this not prove that we can play like that and so where has it been all season.  Yes I know we had Hux and Dion out on Tue but we still had another 9 players who played in the Ipswich game.  I cannot see us getting anything at Plymouth either on Saturday as the players just do not instill any confidence at all and can firmly see a very close call at the end of the season as to whether we go down or not.  Oh and by the way why or why is Croft not playing from the start.

I have mixed feelings about this bomber.

Firstly i am glad Duffy wasn''t still in charge for the match. If he had been i dread to think what the result would have been.

Secondly,despite the fact we undoubtably raised our game for the derby,we still switched off for the second ipswich goal.

Thirdly,i think it serves to highlight the gulf in class,not only between First and Last, but also between First and Forth in this division.We have shown we are capable of playing to a better standard than we have been of late,and its vital we don''t let the players heads start to dip on the back of a bad result,against an inform team whom we were playing after giving our all on sunday.Fatigue might well have played a part, though not to the extent that "we wos robbed," the better team won fair and square.We have to look at what Watford are doing right,both on and off the pitch,and try to emulate them.

Ipswich are crap away from home.  Watford are the best team I''ve seen in the division.  It''s too early to make any judgements, but by Christmas we''ll know whether we need the sandbags or not.