Sign in to follow this  
Tangible Fixed Assets anyone?

Lappin is no left back

no but who else could we play there? not murray! eagle is in the reserves at left back so why has this club not solved the problem?  yet again ask the board

If we''re going down this road, is it worth pointing out that if Otsemobor is sent off /injured we only have Cave-Brown as cover on th right?

[quote user="The Bucketman"]If we''re going down this road, is it worth pointing out that if Otsemobor is sent off /injured we only have Cave-Brown as cover on th right?[/quote]

We also have Spillane (Eire U21 international) and Matthews (Eire U18 squad) who can play at right back and in an emergency Russell and probably Rossi Jarvis can play at right back too.

This is a fairly major problem, but at least i think Glenn has realised it early on, so the buck has to stop with the board, especially if they have been influencing transfers in the grant-era, when someone should have told him we don''t have a left back other than Drury!Patrick Bexfield? i believe he plays left back, but i''ve never seen him so can''t offer an opinion  

Nigel Worthington Released Jim Brennan in 2004 and Simon Charlton in 2005. so we have gone for 3 years (almost) without a second left back to either replace or pressure Drury.

Worthington and Grant didnt strengthen this area and now we have be caught out.. yet more sign of ineptitude from both of them!

jas :)

The best right back in the club at present is Patrick Bexfield who also played left back in the reserve games at colchester and Ipswich..Worthingtom rated him very highly  and Peter Grant had him with the squad on a few occassions. Cave Brown injured but Bexfield imo is a better bet. Played in recent reserve game in midfield with Brellier and struggled due to Brelliers lack of interest.He is very quick which Jarvis and Spillane are not but he is not very big which they are. 

according to canaries website spillane is 6ft2in and weights 11st10 lbjarvis is 5ft11in weights11st12lband bexfield is 6ft and weighs13st 3lb so i would not call that small weighs more than spillane and jaris is taller than jarvis maybe he might be quicker but he obviously isnt better than them or he would already have played i to have also seen him[bexfield] playing in the reserves and spillanne imo is a far better player and as for him playing left back you have to have a left foot which he defo hasnt

Considering what Peter Grant thought was a good player my case rests. He even sent Bally Smart on loan. He had a problem with good footballers look at the crap he brought in and the crap he picked to play.

PS I think you website figures might be incorrect don''t believe everything you read.

sandboy its about time you pulled your head out of that damn sand and quick you say grant had him in the squad a few times so that must make him almost crap then and the measurements came of the official web site