Sign in to follow this  
O.T.B.C

Great article.............

i liked this article. scary realism but the defence of Roeder is founded and the fact that he critisises West Ham fans appeals to me especially!

I read this article by Mick Dennis too, thought it was excellent and would really recommend it to others to read.  Very realistic about the serious challenge we have ahead of us in order to survive in this division.  And as you said it is scarey to think about it because it would seem there is no miracle cure for the position we find ourselves in.  He has certainly got a way of stating the bald facts.  I also liked his positive assessment of Roeder''s skills. 

[quote user="mattscousin"]

I used to think mick dennis was ok, now I know hes a prat who would love to see us go down so he can say I told you so. stupid "celebrity" fan.

24 thousand people per game are willing the team every week to improve, 1 man spends too much time believing his own hype

[/quote]

i don''t read it like that at all, i think he makes some very valid points. The table dosen''t lie...... we can''t lose at plymouth!

A sound and realistic article in relation to where we are as a team, but the "don`t blame the board" mantra is getting so ridiculous it isn`t even funny. The best thing is Uncle Monty`s comment at the end [Y].

OK, there is a bit of poetic licence in it (he''s a journalist,after all):but in the main he hits the spot dead on.

It really is time that a few people on this forum took his advice and "woke up and smelt the coffee". The current table makes HORRENDOUS reading. I''ve been checking the stats over past seasons,and pretty much every team who has been near the position City are currently in (or, if we lose at Plymouth,WILL be in) in mid November,have gone down the following May.The squad is nowhere near good enough,and is virtually 100% full of people who fall into 3 categories;

1,  not good enough

2,  not committed enough

3,  not consistent enough

Let us hope,for all our sakes,that MD''s assessment of Roeder is an accurate one.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]A chum of Delia and the NCFC board.......Sorry Dennis - but you''re a menace.[/quote]

Apologist nonsense indeed...Sorry Dennis you''re a pennis...(delete as applicable)......

I think he says nothing that''s not startingly obvious to everyone - we''re mired at the bottom of the table and unlikely to escape with the present setup.

That he absolves the board from blame is complete nonsense. Who was it that made all these failed managerial appointments? Who decided to spend on infrastructure instead of the squad? Where does the buck stop within an organisation?

YH