Sign in to follow this  
renegade tootsie

So who is Roeder referring to???

On Rick Waghorn''s site their are some intriguing references to a young Premiership striker -anyone know who it is from the clues?  Whatever happens it looks to me like Glen could pull of a loan coup very soon as well as a new coach.

Early days, keep the faith.

If anyone joins this week then they''re very much Plan B looking at this quote:

“I still think we might be able to get this player, but not just yet. It might be in three or four weeks'' time, but we need one now.”

Am struggling to think who this is too:

“There are one or two players just recently, if you look, that have been in Championship teams, have done very well and then they get to the Premiership, they come back to the Championship and do very well again,” he said. “There is one shining example of that at the moment that we are trying to do something about, although I am not sure the manager - who would like to help - will be able to because he has got one or two injuries at his club at the moment.

Does he mean a player that''s just been relegated from the Premiership? Or a Premiership player that''s recently gone on loan to the Championship?

[quote user="JC"]

On Rick Waghorn''s site their are some intriguing references to a young Premiership striker -anyone know who it is from the clues?  Whatever happens it looks to me like Glen could pull of a loan coup very soon as well as a new coach.

Early days, keep the faith.

[/quote]

I read that too JC, I think it''s either Shola Ameobi or Bobby Zamora - I''d take either of those [:D]

[quote user="Web Team - Pete"]

If anyone joins this week then they''re very much Plan B looking at this quote:

“I still think we might be able to get this player, but not just yet. It might be in three or four weeks'' time, but we need one now.”

Am struggling to think who this is too:

“There are one or two players just recently, if you look, that have been in Championship teams, have done very well and then they get to the Premiership, they come back to the Championship and do very well again,” he said. “There is one shining example of that at the moment that we are trying to do something about, although I am not sure the manager - who would like to help - will be able to because he has got one or two injuries at his club at the moment.

Does he mean a player that''s just been relegated from the Premiership? Or a Premiership player that''s recently gone on loan to the Championship?

[/quote]

Rowan Vine perhaps?

jas :)

Grahem Kavenor ( spelling ) was on loan to sheff wed but i think sunderland got him back, seem to remember him doing well, it does''nt actually say that theese other two players are strikers.

The two strikers who Roeder is referring to are Ameobi and Earnshaw.

Ameobi is his first choice, but Newcastle won''t release him yet, so don''t be overly suprised to see Earnie pulling on a Canary shirt in the near future.

Its Zamora because he says that he might still get him in 3 weeks time which is when Bellamy and Ashton are due to be fit and playing again.

Well he would certainly give us 100% commitment!

[quote user="cityangel"]Its Zamora because he says that he might still get him in 3 weeks time which is when Bellamy and Ashton are due to be fit and playing again.[/quote]

There is a whisper that it''s Zamora and a possible midfielder from WHU.

I kept thinking of Harewood, would like to see him here, but Zamora would do, just got to give him service, they can''t score on their own.