Sign in to follow this  
The Lord

I've got no chance have i?

of getting a ticket to the first away match of the season, im a season ticket holder but with there already being 1000 tickets already sold about 1500 im estimating will be left. this would give me a very slim chance indeed!thoughts

p.s anyone know how i would get into sports journalism? cheers worth a try!

Lord, try constructing a sentence with correct grammar and puctuation, build an outline, develop your story with appropriate prose, repeat this fifty times across a variety of subjects, submit samples to numerous publications and cross your fingers.

Know the feeling Lord. I''m not just concerned about getting a ticket to the first away game- I''m worried about getting a ticket to ANY away game! I too am I season ticket holder and have about 6 stubs from last year. Apparantly away ticket allocations are 3000 or 10% of the ground (which ever is smaller) So if we got Pompey away on the opening day, after the away season ticket holders there would only be about 800 tickets!! Ok, worst case scenario I know, but I too am concerned when I will be able to see the lads away

Yankee, why do you feel that you have to belittle and patronise at every opportunity? I don''t think that Lord was actually serious about becoming a football journo, but I''m sure that he will thank you very much for your helpful input and guidance on his future career aspirations. You need to get out more mate.

Morty, to be honest I don''t think YankeeCanary was being patronising or trying to belittle The Lord...
I no way am I looking to enflame this particular thread but IMO it appears that YankeeCanary was answering the last question of The Lord''s message about how to get into Sports Journalism in a jovial manner; predantiscism is not the same as belittling someone or patronisation, its simply witty humour... I''m sure YankeeCanary won''t thank me for backing him up on this thread, as he''s big enough to argue his own case, but in this instance, I actually thought YankeeCanary''s response to be humourous, especially as I''m studying Journalism at University and have had to learn how to write successful journalistic pieces...

*end of my input into this thread... over to you guys to debabte/argue...*

i was actuually quite serious in becomming a sports journalist but i already know how tough it is to get into it, i wrote off to the edp for an information leaflet in what to do but perhaps andrez you could help? im currently sitting the last of my gcse''s and shortly going off to college what sort of grades do you need to go into a journalism course and am i right in thinking that you cant just go into a particualr area of journalism straight away? thanks for any information and expereicnes youve had in your quest, The Lord

The Lord; send me an email (foursquareboarder@talk21.com) and I''ll try and advise you where I can... Not too sure how much help I can be but I''ll at least try and point you in the right direction...