Sign in to follow this  
Dexx

Loans : not looking to good

From article on the front page its not looking to good was that glen telling us not to expect to much,contacts or not if the players dont want come there not a lot he can do about it.

Hmm?

Strange how other clubs manage isn''t it? I''m worried its the board doing the talking............and not Glen Roeder, welcome to the real City Glen![:|]

[quote user="Dexx"]From article on the front page its not looking to good was that glen telling us not to expect to much,contacts or not if the players dont want come there not a lot he can do about it.[/quote]

Maybe people shouldn''t of been so hard on Grant because he also basically said he couldn''t attract players for love nor money...A clear sign what''s going wrong in the game. Martin Taylor is obviously a man with morals, i hope we get to keep him...He''s obviously up for a challenge too!.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

Hmm?

Strange how other clubs manage isn''t it? I''m worried its the board doing the talking............and not Glen Roeder, welcome to the real City Glen![:|]

[/quote]Firstly I agree with what Roader has said in the press and can sympathise with him. Roader is basically echoing what Roy Keane said a few months ago, does that also mean Sunderlands board is "doing the talking"?

Short of moving Colney to the middle of Romford, it does sound a bit like his hands are tied.  London clubs all seem to do well for loans, but maybe these city boys aren''t up for some country air.

....................But wheres it going to leave us? without a few quality signings (better than what we have already) im getting for the first time really concerned about the reality that we might get relegated.....pffff its a nitemare situation.

OTBC

[quote user="fuzzyfelt"]

Short of moving Colney to the middle of Romford, it does sound a bit like his hands are tied.  London clubs all seem to do well for loans, but maybe these city boys aren''t up for some country air.

[/quote]

Agreed. The lure of Regents Park Rd is somewhat stronger than Prince of Wales Rd i tink...

[quote user="Alex"][quote user="fuzzyfelt"]

[/quote]

Agreed. The lure of Regents Park Rd is somewhat stronger than Prince of Wales Rd i tink...

[/quote]

You need your head testing then. I love having lamb kebabs thrown at my head.

Criikeyyy...maybe its time we spread our winds abroad, see if we can find some good hard working blokes wanting to break into the english game. I think it will be Hot Roed''s next step cos he is a huge fan of the setup Wenger has at the Arse!

Hmm?

[/quote]

I don''t know if you''re right or not in your assumption Wiz, but one thing is for sure and that is our situation calls for drastic action.  It''s ok for people to take comfort from the fact that there are 30 odd games left, but they will come and go very quickly and with every one the opportunity to get some points on the board will have gone.  I''m sure Roeder is being perfectly truthfull in what he says and that these players are either too comfortable or under the thumb, but surely everyone has their price and although it stinks maybe we should be offering more money to get some better players in before we reach the point of no return.  What realy bothers me is, on the evidence so far we have seen the arrival of the Turners who are supposedly worth £275M and all they have come up with is a £2M interest-free loan!  Now I am not suggesting that they should be shouting from the rooftops about how much they are prepared to make available to the manager, but it doesn''t look as if financial inducements are being offered to prise these players away from the reserve teams in the Premiership.  I sincerely hope I''m wrong, but if all they can manage is £2M then why did they bother?     

[quote user="25overpar"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

Hmm?

[/quote]

I don''t know if you''re right or not in your assumption Wiz, but one thing is for sure and that is our situation calls for drastic action.  It''s ok for people to take comfort from the fact that there are 30 odd games left, but they will come and go very quickly and with every one the opportunity to get some points on the board will have gone.  I''m sure Roeder is being perfectly truthfull in what he says and that these players are either too comfortable or under the thumb, but surely everyone has their price and although it stinks maybe we should be offering more money to get some better players in before we reach the point of no return.  What realy bothers me is, on the evidence so far we have seen the arrival of the Turners who are supposedly worth £275M and all they have come up with is a £2M interest-free loan!  Now I am not suggesting that they should be shouting from the rooftops about how much they are prepared to make available to the manager, but it doesn''t look as if financial inducements are being offered to prise these players away from the reserve teams in the Premiership.  I sincerely hope I''m wrong, but if all they can manage is £2M then why did they bother?     

[/quote] I was thinking exactly the same thing, if we get relegated it will cost us millions in lost revenue as well as the embarrassment of being a league 1 club for the first time in over 40 years. Three loan players on a wage of say 20k a week would cost us 1.5 million in wages if they were here for 6 months. That would be a small price to pay to preserve our status. The Turners said at the AGM if they didn''t get us to the prem in a reasonable time they would stand down, I wonder what they''ll do if we go down.

I''m certain now that its spin, bull*hit and straight porkies! Roeder simply HAS to stand up to the board. The money, or what little we had, has been spunked up the wall by the two previous useless Jocks, and Glen is now starting to find out how our damn board operates!.

The Turners are just bloody show ponies in my opinion, and they can be discounted in respect of any cash help from them.

Until the entire board resigns, or are driven out by mass, and I mean mass, demostrations, this club will continue to fawlter, and crumble to its eventual exstinction..

Read todays front page on this site, these are the same old same, excuses from two years ago, some may swallow it, but I won''t.

Heavy duty cash sums are urgently needed like now, not next week, or January, but now, failure to act or admit this mess that THE BOARD has got us in, will prove incurable................it is that bad!.[:@]

The Turners are just bloody show ponies in my opinion, and they can be discounted in respect of any cash help from them.[/quote]

I have to say that it seems strange that after 6 months of watching that we havent heard more about their intentions other than to keep an eye on Doomcaster.

If I was an astute businessperson, had their money, loved the club then I couldn''t sit around watching us sink in the mire anymore.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

The Turners are just bloody show ponies in my opinion, and they can be discounted in respect of any cash help from them.[/quote]

I have to say that it seems strange that after 6 months of watching that we havent heard more about their intentions other than to keep an eye on Doomcaster.

If I was an astute businessperson, had their money, loved the club then I couldn''t sit around watching us sink in the mire anymore.

[/quote]

and if they have been bought in just to watch doncaster for the past 6 months then either they arent watching him very closely or they are happy with whats going on! either way it s worrying!

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

and if they have been bought in just to watch doncaster for the past 6 months then either they arent watching him very closely or they are happy with whats going on! either way it s worrying!

jas :)

[/quote]

Perhaps Donkey is not being " very helpfull"!