Sign in to follow this  
Indy_Bones

Why Hartson Was Selected - The Genuine Reason

I''ve seen a number of posters on here asking where Strihavka has been, and asking why Hartson has been selected ahead of him.

In my mind this is very understandable from a management perspective.

Hartson was on a 1 month loan deal, with the option to extend and possibly sign perm in Jan, but as the initial loan was due to end within 2 games of Roeder taking over, he had to quickly establish whether or not Hartson had the required quality to make an extension/signing worthwhile.

The only realistic way to correctly look at this was to see Hartson in action in matches, as simply watching the guy in training would not have given him a fair representation of the overall picture. Hence why he came on against Ipswich and started against Watford. This gave Roeder the opportunity needed to assess the player, and obviously led to his decision that he wasn''t worth keeping and why he sent him back ASAP, as against waste the opportunity to try someone else against Plymouth.

Strihavka is on a 2 year deal and still settling in to a new country and culture, so Roeder has more time to look at him to see what he offers.

I also think that Strihavka could be a very difficuly player to judge due to his unusual style of play. He''s not a target man as such, he''s not a Michael Owen type "pace" player, he''s not a poacher, he''s more of a combination of different styles (similar in some ways to a player like Berbatov), and this sort of player can be incredibly difficult to figure out how best to utilise them.

I personally think he could be an excellent player if developed correctly, and Roeder is the ideal man to do this, it''ll be interesting to see who gets the starts in the next 3-4 games as I have a feeling that we may be seeing Dave soon.

Makes sense. I do hope that we play Dave for a few games, I''m desperate for him to succeed. I think he will come good some time in the future, but as we all know we don''t have time on our side.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Strikhavka isn''t playing because he is currently re-wiring the River End Stand.[/quote]

I actually laughed out loud at that :)

OTBC

You and me both Biggleyellow!! However, dont support him too much because then people on here start asking if your''e in love with or are actually Strihavka. (speaking from experiance)

If he is a similar player to berbatov, why not send someone to go and watch Berbatov? 

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Strikhavka isn''t playing because he is currently re-wiring the River End Stand.[/quote]

Rudolph, possibly it might be more effective if he re-wired the fans in the River End Stand.

I heard a "rumour" that Dave has gone back home with the hump, cos he is not playing. Anyone else heard this ?? Hope it is not true & that he turns out to be a top player, but you would have to say the jury is still out on him.....................

[quote user="dickyst220"]I heard a "rumour" that Dave has gone back home with the hump, cos he is not playing. Anyone else heard this ?? Hope it is not true & that he turns out to be a top player, but you would have to say the jury is still out on him.....................[/quote]

wrong.
somebody i know told me he saw him walking outside the ground just before kick off to one of the recent games (uipswich or watford) cant remember which ... like players do when their not playng.

Now thats funny! But on a serious note I would like to see him get a run of games to see what he can do. He can''t be any worse than the rest at this point.