Sign in to follow this  
Kingy

So who's going to Plymouth then?

I heard some bloke on Canary Call last night, say " anybody thinking about going to Plymouth on Saturday, wants there head looking at!"

I dont really see why?  Despite not getting anything last night againts a very good Watford side, I think if we can perform anything like we did againts the scum on Sunday, we will go to Home Park and return with all three points.

Yes its a good 674 miles there and back.......and the bus departs Carrow Road at 5:30am, but I''ll be there!

What else ya gonna do on a Saturday? (As Danny Dyer once said)

Anyone else going?

OTBC

i''m going but then i live here. i''m strangely optimistic about this one. theres alot of unrest around home park the minute, fickle fans who after winning two titles in three years seem to think thats going to carry on. anyway plymouth aren''t performing at home, sheff wed rolled them over at the weekend and fans aren''t happy about their result last night. they have about 13 players from a very small squad out of contract in the summer and not many are wanting to renew. Nalis is one they are resigned to losing, chadwick probably another so theres alot of fans getting on holloways back, even though he has no money to work with.so all in all its probably a good time to play them, get the first goal and the argyle fans may just get on their backs and give us a shot.come on guys, long journey but come on down to plymouth. personally i hate the chav ridden place but theres some good pasties.

Myself and Mrs Sid will be making the journey. Despite the distance and travelling time, for some strange reason this is a trip I always look forward to, I just can''t think why.

If you''re right in what you say Polar, then hopefully our lot can show Sundays spirit and pick up an away win (remember those?)!

[quote user="Hissing Sid"]

Myself and Mrs Sid will be making the journey. Despite the distance and travelling time, for some strange reason this is a trip I always look forward to, I just can''t think why.

If you''re right in what you say Polar, then hopefully our lot can show Sundays spirit and pick up an away win (remember those?)!

[/quote]My Tutor is a big time argyle fan and has been saying things are a bit dodgy, as has my mate who said the argyle fans were booing holloway last week againts sheff wed when they fell 2-1 down and apparently all he did was sit on the bench.hopefully.

I''ll be there hoping for a performance 10 times better than last year''s no show but not with too much optimism.

August 64

I was in Plymouth during the summer, if you''ve got any spare time don''t head for the town centre. It''s not pretty, and a bit yobby. Go down to the Hoe (seafront), if it''s not too windy!

Yeah avoid the town centre really, chavs chavs chavs and if they see you wearing a norwich shirt on game day they will probably have a go. having said that i''ve done it before and some look so shell shocked its amusing. Hoe and Barbican good places though, well worth a visit on a day out. aside from that theres not really a great deal to plymouth unless you want to head over into cornwall where theres some nice beaches and the like.

We visited the Hoe last season, a group of us were just wondering around and we noticed a wedding party nearby. They were having photos done and were having to keep moving around to avoid getting a bunch of mad City fans dressed in bright yellow shirts in the background of the photos of their big day!!

Of course we kept moving around to make sure we were in the photos!

[quote user="Hissing Sid"]

We visited the Hoe last season, a group of us were just wondering around and we noticed a wedding party nearby. They were having photos done and were having to keep moving around to avoid getting a bunch of mad City fans dressed in bright yellow shirts in the background of the photos of their big day!!

Of course we kept moving around to make sure we were in the photos!

[/quote]Quality lol.ahh it will be nice to see a flood of city shirts again in plymouth. just seeing Argyles yellow and green home kit makes me sit, copys. bring on the real yellow and green :D

Big big game for us on Saturday - need as many fans and as big a noise as possible.  Let''s be that 12th man and help to make it the turning point of the season.  See you there.

id go to every away game if i could... Plymouth would of been no different.. wont be there unfortunately but will be glued to the wireless! come on city!

jas :)

The sea life centre is the largest in England, however heavy cues in summer, i didn''t pay a visit!

[quote user="HUDDY "]The sea life centre is the largest in England, however heavy cues in summer, i didn''t pay a visit![/quote]Not really worth it, bit dull to be honest few sharks and turtles but alot of it is now science based, renewable energy, recycling underwater robotics. yarmouth i personally think is so much better, but then i have norfolk tinted sunglasseserm.. places worth going.... best land mark is probably the: you are now leaving plymouth signDartmoor if you want to go for a walk can be nice, some nice pubs and such, if you look for clearbrook and the ''skylark'' thats always worth it its around ten minutes out of plymouth, the hoe and barbican again are probably worth it for scenery. i guess the town can be ok on occasion, again depends on the chavs on any given day.yeah... not much else to plymouth unless you want to go on a dockyard and warship river cruise which is just a snorefest.

[quote user="HUDDY "]The sea life centre is the largest in England, however heavy cues in summer, i didn''t pay a visit![/quote]

Is that in the shark pool....  I''ll get my coat

[quote user="Dicky"]

[quote user="HUDDY "]The sea life centre is the largest in England, however heavy cues in summer, i didn''t pay a visit![/quote]

Is that in the shark pool....  I''ll get my coat

[/quote]

I''ll try again!

Heavy Queues in summer!