Sign in to follow this  
alex_ncfc

Elton John backs the Binners...

"Elton backing Blues for promotion Sir Elton John is backing the Blues to win promotion to the Premiership next season after thousands of Town fans turned out to watch his concert at Portman Road."

Haha, they will do anything for a bit of publicity won''t they. He probably just muttered something, "Good luck next season" and they make a big thing out of it! (its the top story on their site ...yes ok I know I shouldn''t be on there!)

Not sure if i''m right, but I seem to remember after the England friendly at their dump, Beckham saying "This club should be in the Premiership" - supposedly. If he did he probably got a big pay-off - no wonder they''re strapped for cash - it looks like Sheepsha**er has to buy publicity becuase they can''t get any by playing football. And don''t get me started on Portman Road supposedly being the "number one entertainment venue in East Anglia"...

So binners, enjoy your concerts over the next few years, i''m sure they will keep you occupied along with plenty of Divison 1 football.

I have a strong suspicion it wasn''t even sold out for the old reargunner. Anyway, the ground was hardly full of binners, fans from all over the country went, so they can''t claim it was full of loyal town supporters. I know four people from Yarmouth who went despite their reservations about the venue. They''re all City fans. They took a survival kit and managed to get back to Norfolk unscathed!

So the Binners have Elton John behind them. I would be very worried indeed if I were them!!!