Sign in to follow this  
lucky green trainers

we're gonna get hammered by plymouth, unless.............

brellier and russell can rule the midfield roost like they did against ippo.on tuesday, russell did ok, but carried the fight almost single handed.  with brellier looking a yard off the pace from the off, and knackered after 10 mins, we were always on a loser against watford.  i was bitterly disapointed with brelliers display.  away to plymouth though???  were poor travellers to say the least - mostly we look s**t at home these days.  if the midweek exertions and derby day blow outs coupled with the long trip down haven''t done for us then i want to see the boys at the very least give a good, honest and professional account of themselves.  Brellier - i''m not sure if it was attitude plus a lack of match fitness or a mix of the two that lay behind his weak midweek display - but if the boy isn''t upto it either mentally or physically, then roeder mustn''t play him.  i know that means drafting smith into the middle, and he didn''t impress on tuesday to say the least on the right wing, but switching him inside, who knows???if our midfield engine room again misfires, then as hucks has said, we won''t contol the game, and as we know that means yet another defeat.  with hucks and chadders out, we''ve an uphill task - who else can create goalscoring opportunites in the side??? with hartson gone, who else has the nouse to hold up, and lay off to others in areas that threatens the opposition goal???my message to glen - keep it simple ffs - play players in their own posi''s and 4-4-2.if brellier and russell produce, we might squeak a draw, and god knows even a win!!! - if they can''t the mire deepens.....

to be honest Russell runs around like a headless chiken too much and still winds players and ref''s up, and Brellier looks like he should be a good player one day, IF he can ever get fit.

an utter no show....again???have to say, when i heard the squad, i was reasonably hopeful, but after 5 min, it was clear we were back to roll over and die.big (nigh impossible) job for roeder now, make no mistake.

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]an utter no show....again???

have to say, when i heard the squad, i was reasonably hopeful, but after 5 min, it was clear we were back to roll over and die.

big (nigh impossible) job for roeder now, make no mistake.

[/quote]

Agreed, wonder how long before people start getting on Roeder''s back though?  On paper these players still look capable of mid-table but the lack of passion, commitment and basic ability they display week in week out frankly now beggars belief.  In all my years following City I have never felt so down and actually embarrased at the shower of shite who turn out for us.  The Ipswich game aside we have looked awful for weeks and I dont see how Roeder is going to turn this one around.

[quote user="Salahuddin"]to be honest Russell runs around like a headless chiken too much and still winds players and ref''s up, and Brellier looks like he should be a good player one day, IF he can ever get fit.[/quote]

im sad to say he doesnt.. he offers nothing, goes missing in games and when he is involved seems intent on fouling someone and getting sent off.. stamping his "mark" on the game is he?

We havent seen that flag at Carrow Road... and we wont ever see it i dont think... Brelliers another candidate for the free transfer list in the summer as far as im concerned as we look to start again with a brand new squad for league 1.

jas :)

I have to say it but these guys are not mid table material even on paper! They may well have been once upon a time but they have proven that they are not.

Don''t get me wrong, back in the summer I thought we had what it would take to at least threaten to get into the top 6. And I don''t care much for the injury list - that is part and parcel of football as it always has been. Dublin I would hardly even count because we knew when he signed that we would be lucky if he played half of the games we have!

To me it just seems that some of these guys need to wake up and smell the coffee! If you want to know why Otsemobor is one of the ones who is fighting hard its because he has played down there before and does not want to go back there.

What ever anyone said about Ipswich and Watford this was going to be the real tester of a game. Away from home against a mid-table team. I wasn''t expecting a win but I wasn''t expecting us to deserve an absolute hiding as we did, we may as well have just walked off the pitch because they would have won 3-0 on default anyway.

This is the lowest I have felt as a City supporter and about as negative as I have ever been also. I have resisted posting on here recently because to be quite frank some people on here deserve a slap for wishing relegation on the team they supposedly support. Roeder is a quality manager, I just think maybe there is more wrong here than even he can put right. Where do you start? A new left back, a new striker, and for me a creative player for the middle of the park.

People who say that Brellier and Russel work well together say so on the back of the Ipswich match where we had two creative players on the wings, the problem with that is the ball nearly always has to go wide, and it makes things too predictable. When the creative edge is missing you are left with two ball winning midfielders who will win you the ball like Holt, Makelele etc but then struggle to come up with the creative side of play to unlock the opposition or even to maintain possession.

Taylor has been good so far, his injury means we will now be without him. I just hope Roeder can get in some more quality else before long this fight will be not to finnish bottom rather than not to be relegated.