Sign in to follow this  
YankeeCanary

Question Re List Of Users

Of the 170 to 180 poster names listed to date my rough assessment ( admittedly a guess ) is that only 3-4% of those identified may be female. Of course, I may be wrong on this but if someone else has a better assessment please advise. It also would be my opinion that female fans are more likely to enjoy writing than male fans, so that participation here would at least be representative of the overall fan base supporting the club. Again, just a guess. This is the question that occurs to me. Do we know, approximately, what percentage of Norwich City fans are female? If it is consistent with the percentage speculated on here then there is a great opportunity to increase Norwich City support with the right kind of marketing. First of all, any different opinions ( or knowledge ) on the percentage and, secondly, if it is this low what ideas could be generated to increase the female fans significantly?

alas yankee you are going to get a predictable answer from me, the old gazza lol

as far as i know the ratio is roughly 40% female at carrow road, really difficult to say, i think there was some study a year or so ago about it, there has been an increase in the past decade, no doubt!!

as for on this message board, you have to realise i am a very lucky lady, my kids have grown up and have their own lives, i don''t have to spend every minute of the day looking after them (as many female fans have to do, we don''t leave important things to the men!); i am super fast on the keyboard and have broadband and a lot of free time, although i might choose to spend it doing something else, i can be on here outside work hours whenever i want

so i guess what i am trying to say it is time pressures that obviously make this a male dominanted board, a lot of the usernames could be either male of female, you have to admit!

i mean, do we know if you are male, female or just american?

Let the ladies know that MG7 is going to the games. Once they see this fine specimin, they''ll be coming to every game hoping to catch a glimpse of the man himself!

Either that or just let them see Huckerby terrorising Premiership defences, and they''ll soon be hooked.

I''m sure that with these two strategies we can go a long way!

OTBC

YC, I agree that the percentage of female users on this board is a lot less than males and 3-4% is probably pretty accurate. However, of Norwich City fans as a whole I would expect it to be considerably higher. Of regular season ticket holders I would estimate a good 35-40% to be female. I see a lot around the ground on match day

Re: numbers of female fans, I spoke to several away fans at FCR last season and almost all expressed their surprise at seeing so many female suppporters going to games. I know this doesn''t help with actual figures, but it does indicate, perhaps, that we have a higher than normal percentage when compared to many other clubs.

Hmmmm? Gazza, are you saying the reason only approx 4% of posters are female is the others have better things to do?!!! I wouldn''t normally disagree with you Gazza as most of your posts are very astute, but that''s an outrageously sexist comment if it is.

The reason is much more likely to be men like to argue and discuss football more than women.

And I would disagree that 40% of fans at Carrow Road are female, I would guess it''s closer to 25%. Anyone got the official stats on this?

I am with Jonzey,

I don''t believe people are saying a 40% mix of of our match day fans are woman - I would say more like 15% and that is still quite high. Therefore there is plenty of room for more marketing to woman and now we are in the prem I believe we will attract more woman to games especally in the corporate market.

I just wish they learnt the offside rules (LOL)

Up the city!

Trouble with estimating female match attendance is that (except during play) the majority of observers by default tend to spend more time looking at the ladies than fellow males, & therefore could be over-counting.

Okay, based upon the feedback let''s make a few observations. Clearly, Norwich men are not very good at figuring out how many women are in the neighborhood, as they can''t determine whether it''s 3,000 or 12,000 within a very small area. This could be for a variety of reasons of course. Possibly Norwich men are more interested in other men in today''s world. Of course, Norfolk has a growing reputation in that regard. Also, perhaps the women don''t stay in their seats long enough at Carrow Rd. to be counted, constantly on the move to the washroom ( you know how women are ). Another observation, to explain the difference between overall female fan support versus low participation rate on this message board, is that women have very little patience to engage in petty banter, which is usually poorly articulated and spelling that makes one weak at the knees, which appears to be available by the lorry load on this site. Another possibility is that, while more women are now going to the football games, they want to make very little noise about the fact that total female domination ( led by Delia ) is their ultimate goal. One can almost see the future where "home strip" will have an entirely different connotation. Women will ultimately occupy three sides of the ground and the male fans will actually be caged in on the remaining section, with a few allowed to run out on the field of play showing their legs off should the regular players be having an off day. Whatever it is, something''s going on.

In a land where everyone has a "shrink", I suggest you immediately seek one. Either that or get a life, this last post is the work of either an idiot (a pompous one at that) or someone who is disturbed. One minute you degrade women and then in the next sentence you attempt to get their favour by patronising them. Judging by the posts sent by our female supporters, they are every bit as knowledgeable and I see no need to make any distinction - a City supporter is a City supporter.

don''t know where you sit, or when you open your eyes MM, but it is a fact, 40% or so of the crowd at ncfc is female, the club have carried out surveys, obviously if you concentrate on the mens toilets the percentage might drop a bit!

as for the offside rule, if you are a football fan you know it, man or woman

i tried to ignore the cheap jibe re marketing football for the ''female'' market, we don''t need persuading by a bunch of suits, the sight of Roger Munby in full flow is enough to put me off for life, thanks v much - if you love football and your city you will go to the games (if you are lucky enough to have a ticket, time and money) it has nothing to do with being a man or woman