Sign in to follow this  
Tumbleweed

Appalling comments from some quarters

I''ve not posted on here for a while as all the speculation about Hucks got me a bit bored.

But returning this morning I was staggered by the comments of those such as Bury Belvoir who seem to have decided that because we aren''t signing Huckerby they will not attend another match.

Those long dissertations have a common thread: I [insert tagname] have yellow and green blodd, I''ve spent £xmillion on tickets and merchandise, I''ve been a supporter for 375 years, I''ve seen the good and the bad, I''ve laughed and cried. But now I''m off. For one player.

Are these the thoughts of real supporters? Fair enough boycott the odd match to get rid of Chase. But just when everything is looking up a bit, we get someone in on loan who helps us near the top of this league, we sign a proven goalscorer to replace him, we have sell outs every week, we have the stadium being completed soon, now you''re off?????????

I am disappointed that we can''t have Hucks. But we can''t have Beckham either. I would like a Porsche but I have a Mondeo. I''d like a holiday in Mauritius but I''m going to Devon instead. If I went there for two days would I throw a wobbly at having to leave? No, I''d be grateful for those two days.

Just where would the money come from? Unless Harry Potter sits on our board we can''t magic it from nowhere. I have advocated speculation to accumulate, but if you cannot get the money in the first place or other clubs are prepared to bid more, we MUST FACE REALITY. Delia knows the situation better than any of us, if there was any chance I firmly believe it would have been explored.

The loan spells have been fantastic. We are in an auto spot with Christmas coming. For goodness sake lets enjoy the next few months, Leon might score 20, we might meet Ipswich ina play off final to beat all others.

I am disappointed at Hucks going, but the last thing I am going to do is tear up my share certificates, cut up my membership cards, rip down my poster and have tantrums in the corner.

I agree entirely. We always knew we couldn''t afford Huckerby and it was foolish to think otherwise. It was nice to dream; He goes on Saturday, with a hat-trick, I hope, but let''s just be thankful that he''s instilled a bit of impetus back into our team. Some of our players look reborn since his arrival, Paul Mcveigh in particular.
I''m sure we all would have loved him to stay but we should be extremely grateful that, in these times of Chairmen such as Peter Ridsdale, our board HAVE NOT LIED TO US. We should not underestimate that. We can be as angry as we like, but the knowledge that Huck leaves tomorrow is absolutely no surprise. As I''ve said before, the board would have been suicidal to not replace Crouch and Hucks, and this morning''s news about Mackenzie shows that they have been working hard.
I bought shares last Saturday, and on my way home though ''oh no, what have I done?'' when faced with the horror of going to Ipswich with no strikers, but this morning I realise I should have kept my faith. The board have been true to their word and we really have no room to criticise them, regardless of what some people think of their ambition.
Our loan boys have given us a springboard - let''s keep looking forward.

Hey King! And Tumbleweed! Great, glad you lot are back.

This whole argument is silly. There''s a number of people who see it one way (blah blah ambitions etc), and a number of people who see it another (blah blah financial reality). Noone is going to change their opinion.

In the end the club will decide, just like they always do.

Tomorrow is a new game, we have a new striker, and here''s to the future.

Well said the tumbleweed - glad you have blown back into town.

Of course we are all disappointed in not signing Crouch or Hux - but I shall be there this Saturday and god willing every season for years to come no matter what pain the club brings me. Of course I will continue to disagree with some decisions the club makes, the teams NW fields or the tactical faux pas he will undoubtedly continue to baffle us with - however it is the club I love and we have been moving in the right direction for three years now and just signed a forward to strengthen the squad where we need it.

To leave when we are on a relative high and still have the potential for promotion seems madness to me - go follow Carlisle/Notts County/Leeds etc instead if you prefer a struggle. If we had NOT signed the loan players and been sitting middle table with Coventry and Burnley would you have abandoned the club then - I doubt it!

The likes of Bury Beever & co can go and join that other ''committed'' city fan Colin Davey at Portaloo Road if their committment wanes smply because a player was too greedy with his wage/pay off demands - the Beckham analogy was bang on the mark.

Onwards & upwards - I hope.

OTBC

Tumbleweed
You have missed the point with Bury Belvoirs Comments. He is just frustrated as many of us are because as a successful businessman his view is that the Board are being too conservative. I know him well, his support for NCFC will never cease because he will not sell me his season ticket. I have been to away games this season where he has vowed never to watch another game. He is suffering from PPNT (Pre Promotion Nervous tension). There are a number of cures which can reduce the symptoms and include:-
1. The Gunn Club not running out of Wherry Bitter every time he goes to the Bar and thats every game.
2.News that the sale of the development land has gone through at a sum in excess of what was quoted 2 years ago so that the uplift can be used to finance players along with the share issue.
3. The Doomcaster is replaced as the television spokesperson for the Club as he is as convincing as Neville Chamberlin but unlike BB I do respect his prudence.
4. Leon Mackensie scores the winner next week.

Seriousley though the powers that be must respect all views and I wonder if Dehlia and Michael view this website cmon let us Know.
I must repeat what I have said before If we extend our borrowing now and buy as a Div1 club and fail we can always sell at a small loss if we dont make it to the Premiership. But we are too prudent and buy after promotion we will pay more and potentially loose more if we are then relegated. The Board took the risk with the trio-it worked so they should keep faith and go the extra mile and buy Hucks or Crouch. The value of Hucks has been to lift all members of the squad and Crouch is the obvious replacement for Iwan so realistically we should try to secure him. I have faith that this will happen but my good mate Bury Belvoir is not so sure. Doomcaster said on Anglia last night "watch this space" and Leon has arrived. I hope that he is still saying "Watch this space".