Sign in to follow this  

[quote user="Canary Nut"]

Please dont forget to buy your poppy this week.

Many people have done their duty so that we can have our freedom of speech.

If you cant find a poppy sales point in the city, try the foyer of City Hall.

[/quote]

Got my poppy proudly on my jacket!

I have mine

not to sure its case for joke hense comment above

many people fough bravely and thousands of lives were lost

[quote user="Canary Nut"]

Please dont forget to buy your poppy this week.

Many people have done their duty so that we can have our freedom of speech.

If you cant find a poppy sales point in the city, try the foyer of City Hall.

[/quote]

Splendid sentiment Canary Nut.......

10/10[*] 

[quote user="Bigmarkcanary"]I have mine like I have every year [:)][/quote]

Not only to those that died in the war like my fathers two brothers but also to those that took us to victory , Myself being so thankfull for my fathers  safe return home from Malta . Arrdee would not be posting this now otherwise.

[quote user="ipswichrscum"]brought 2 at school ... but lost them both ... so ill have to get another :D[/quote]You think that''s bad. I made a donation to the poppy appeal at my local bank, and forgot to get a poppy. Yep, guess I''ll buy another too.

Well done Canary Nut for reminding everyone.

I went to the Cenotaph service at London last year with my son and it was a very moving and incredibly well organised event. Even at 8.45 am we were still a bit late to get the best view. Over 4 hours later we were still there watching the veterans walk proudly past, my legs ached like hell when we moved off! Still, I''m lucky (like all of us) that I''m alive and live in a peaceful, democratic country (whatever reservations we may sometimes have about it!).

Pity the sentiments expressed here on this thread don''t seem to be reflected in the country at large where many people couldn''t give a damn about our armed forces and what they continue to do for us.    

I live in Thailand, and when I have the chance I pop up to Kanchanaburi where the Bridge on the River Kwai is still in place today.

Walking around the large cemetary there are many plaques to the boys of the Royal Norfolks who never made it back home. I often think of these lads, Canary Supportners no doubt, and all the joys and happiness that we take for granted, that they sacrificed for us to be free.

We have family coming over at Xmas and we;'''' go up and lay some flowers on the graves of those Norfolk lads. So do buy a poppy and reflect on it.