Sign in to follow this  
slater

You are the board

So what''s it to be?

Splash out a lot of cash to avoid relegation? With the consequence that we go down even further indebted and have to lose any players we''ve managed to attract.

Or accept that we''re going down whatever we do and make preparations for a decent season in League One?

As you might have gathered I reckon we''ve had it whatever happens.

[quote user="slater"]So what''s it to be? Splash out a lot of cash to avoid relegation? With the consequence that we go down even further indebted and have to lose any players we''ve managed to attract. Or accept that we''re going down whatever we do and make preparations for a decent season in League One? As you might have gathered I reckon we''ve had it whatever happens.[/quote]

Realise you have taken the club as far as possible and sell up.

[quote user="slater"]So what''s it to be? Splash out a lot of cash to avoid relegation? With the consequence that we go down even further indebted and have to lose any players we''ve managed to attract. Or accept that we''re going down whatever we do and make preparations for a decent season in League One? As you might have gathered I reckon we''ve had it whatever happens.[/quote]

actively seek a new buyer of the football club, a buyer who can put up the funds and take the club forward in the way we all hope... who can offer up a bit of cash for nw players and get the finances in order.... Possibly saving us from Relegation with an emergency rescue of the club.

jas :)

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

[/quote]

Sorry, i don''t seem to see where you''re saying they''ve taken us! We''re the worst we''ve been for 50 years!

Get the women and children in the lifeboats and instruct the band to play until we sink.

Alternatively, give Roeder everything he asks for without question.  A season in league 1 would cut our revenue, does anyone know by how much ?  It''s got to be fairly catastrophic I''d imagine.  I believe this is happening, and that he''s being let down by the people he wants to sign, who would rather be at home with the girlfriend / wife / kids and playing reserve football for Premiership teams.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

[/quote]

Sorry, i don''t seem to see where you''re saying they''ve taken us! We''re the worst we''ve been for 50 years!

[/quote]

Thats my point. they took us to the prem, failed to invest and have sold our best players ever since { well before aswell actually}. Its finally caught up with us. They cant help us financially so should be looking for people who can and shut the door on there way out.

Yep, totally agree.  Delia needs to put the club up for sale now.  This club is in ruins and it is the boards fault.

The bit that really pains me though is that we have had a better chance than most to make a go of things, we had our season in the top flight and the riches that it brings.  It absolutely pained me to see West Brom come down and then tell all and sundry that Curtis Davis, Zoltan Gera, Jonathan Greening etc. are not for sale at any price.  Why the hell couldnt we do the same, tell Ashton he is going nowhere, same with Francis. 

Why did the board let Grant sell Safri because of a temper tantrum. 

Absolutely farcical.  If I ran my company the same way I would be bankrupt by now.  I just dont understand how a collective of sane rational business people can watch what is happening without addressing the situation. 

The way I see it is that we have three options, 1 - Invest big money in quality in an attempt to get us out of this slump, 2 - Make plans for League 1 and start on a wholesale cost cutting exercise, 3 - Give up, actively put the club up for sale and then get out at the first opportunity.

Anybody can put the club up for sale but unless there are people who want to buy how do you sell? It''s not like selling your house, if there was anybody out there with a huge amount to invest they would have been banging the door down ages ago.

Seeing the responces to the question. I would like to pose this adaptation of the question.You are the new board that comes in after a buyout.  What would you do - plan for relegation and immediate repromotion or desperately try to keep us up, with a botched up team?

If by some kind of miracle we did manage to attract some quality footballers here at the moment, the chances of them staying if we got relegated would be very slim. Why would they and we have history with this sort of scenario of course...

So to some extent it''d be nigh on possible to get a ''promotion'' squad together in the season we go down - you''d have to start again whatever. So I can''t see any other alternative than to persist with our current squad.

And that goes for our current board if we''re miles off the pace (15+ points from safety come January).

Not much fun is it?

I thought Mumby has said publicly that they are happy to sell to anyone who has the interests of the club at the heart. So it appears that they have publicly put the for sale sign up but they does not appear to be any serious public interest in the club. If Sullivan can come out and publicly say he was interested in buying Ipswich then if another buyer was interested they could also have publicly expressed an interest but that has not happened. Given there is not an exhange for football clubs then other than saying publicly the club is up for sale I am not sure what else they could actively do to attract a new buyer. They have used local contacts to get the Turners in so it can''t be said they have done nothing to get new investment.

[quote user="The Bucketman"]

Buy some new plants for the office, relay the pitch and say everything is OK

[/quote]

Perfecto!.......

Haven''t they been doing the same thing for years?