Sign in to follow this  
Polar

I have a good feeling about today.

I don''t know why but i really do have a good feeling about today, maybe its just the excitement of being able to be apart of the city fans again at home park or that the games got me out of having to sit on a bus for a few hours to swim a single race only to get the bus back, who knows?but anyway, getting up this morning i put my home shirt on straight away and went to work, walked arund on poolside wearing it for awhile until i had to go in the water and walked out past many green argyle shirts, many of which turned and looked at me sniggering or making wise cracks... which weren''t clever or funny, thank you mr pastyman, i''m well aware we are bottom of the league, genius for pointing it out. also had some early morning banter with my friend whose going to be gleefully watching us get clobbered, or so he thinks.anyway, got home and spent about twn minutes singing various norwich songs outloud until someone got home and i had to shut up, still early euphoria can only be good i guess and who knows, the cocketeil may pick up how to sing on the ball city, would be amusing, although kinda annoying considering how many times ive tried to teach it various phrases to say to members of my family.i guess i''m blabbering on now, and should probably shut up.My very optimistic, ideal world, yellow and green tinted glasses/never going to happen, prediction:  3-0 Norwich, Cureton, Martin and Luke Mcormick own Goal after messing up a simple catch after shacks skies a pass.Enjoy listening in, i''ll be back soon after the game to give my views.ON THE BALL CITY!

[quote user="Polar1990"]I don''t know why but i really do have a good feeling about today, maybe its just the excitement of being able to be apart of the city fans again at home park or that the games got me out of having to sit on a bus for a few hours to swim a single race only to get the bus back, who knows?

but anyway, getting up this morning i put my home shirt on straight away and went to work, walked arund on poolside wearing it for awhile until i had to go in the water and walked out past many green argyle shirts, many of which turned and looked at me sniggering or making wise cracks... which weren''t clever or funny, thank you mr pastyman, i''m well aware we are bottom of the league, genius for pointing it out. also had some early morning banter with my friend whose going to be gleefully watching us get clobbered, or so he thinks.

anyway, got home and spent about twn minutes singing various norwich songs outloud until someone got home and i had to shut up, still early euphoria can only be good i guess and who knows, the cocketeil may pick up how to sing on the ball city, would be amusing, although kinda annoying considering how many times ive tried to teach it various phrases to say to members of my family.

i guess i''m blabbering on now, and should probably shut up.

My very optimistic, ideal world, yellow and green tinted glasses/never going to happen, prediction:  3-0 Norwich, Cureton, Martin and Luke Mcormick own Goal after messing up a simple catch after shacks skies a pass.

Enjoy listening in, i''ll be back soon after the game to give my views.

ON THE BALL CITY!
[/quote]

Well done! I applaud your optimism - and I do hope you return home with a spring in your step (zebedee always does) and give us the lowdown, on how we pecked at the pasties, and came away with a victory....

Win at all costs!

Good man polar. I too hope that you have a good afternoon and the day turns out to be more yellow than green. However I have a horrible feeling we are gonna get tonked. Bristol City at home is a prime example of what I think will happen. We competed reasonabally well in the early stages then Drury got injured and the rest is history. Completely over run down the left flank. (Does anyone know what Plymouths right winger / midfield is like??) If it involves any muscular or physical strength then Lappin is going to have a fairly torrid afternoon. Combine this with the fact that we have little or no pace anywhere in the team , not much creativity in midfield and no target man (liked the Hartson idea, just didn`t like Hartson) and as you see I think we are in trouble. What I would give for a larger fit and hungry Fotheringham in midfield and a Marlon Harewood up front. Still in the famous words I fear we will have to go with what we`ve got."

[quote user="pete"]Are you the one who says this before every game, one day the season after next your good feelings might just be othr than indigestion [/quote]No i''m just one who realise football is football, sometimes you win, sometimes you lose and i''m one who realises life is bigger than football and that losing isn''t the end of the world. we will lose hundreds upon hundreds of matches in the future but we will win hundreds upon hundreds of matches in the future. whose to say today isn''t one? to me being a fan is about being optimistic and looking forward to a game, hoping we can get a result and win. id rather enjoy football than be in a doom and gloom state all the time and acting as though i''ve lost a pound and found a penny.i support Norwih City Football Club, therefore i believe we can win. if you think otherwise so what? i''ll carry on being an optimist and you can carry on carrying around the half empty glass.

[quote user="Polar1990"][quote user="pete"]Are you the one who says this before every game, one day the season after next your good feelings might just be othr than indigestion [/quote]

No i''m just one who realise football is football, sometimes you win, sometimes you lose and i''m one who realises life is bigger than football and that losing isn''t the end of the world. we will lose hundreds upon hundreds of matches in the future but we will win hundreds upon hundreds of matches in the future. whose to say today isn''t one? to me being a fan is about being optimistic and looking forward to a game, hoping we can get a result and win. id rather enjoy football than be in a doom and gloom state all the time and acting as though i''ve lost a pound and found a penny.

i support Norwih City Football Club, therefore i believe we can win. if you think otherwise so what? i''ll carry on being an optimist and you can carry on carrying around the half empty glass.
[/quote]Polar. That is the best post I''ve ever seen on this message board, a simple and honest assessment of what being a football fan is really about. It should be pinned to the top of the board permanently to remind us.

Anyway, enjoy your afternoon and hopefully we can get a result to make it really memorable for you. Good luck.

Polar, regardless of the outcome of today''s game ( or any future game for that matter ) you are the kind of fan I would want to hang out with whether it was a football match or any other back-to the-wall situation that life had to throw our way. Keep it up! 

well polar - having seen city;s line-up - i''m cautiously optimistic of city drawing, if not winning.  i fancy spillane and russell to control midfield, and martin to set cureton up for a 2-1 city victory!!!  then again..........

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]good man ploar - look forward to seeing your match report and players ratings.

i hope your optimism pans out - these days its not founded on much, there used to be a time when city could surprise us all.
[/quote]

Come on you Yellow''s .arrdee

Hope you enjoy your day today Polar, its great to see people staying positive although its hard at the moment.

not gonna cheer next time you have that good feeling!!! i predicted 2-0 against us but its worse then that now...we may as well join the enemy in blue!!

Well i got it wrong, sue me. just because i said i think we can win doesnt mean that we definetly will.anyway ive put into a different thread my views on the match. enjoy.

It always amazes me why people post dumb treads like this. I mean, not only is it totally point:less but you''re on a hiding to nothing whatever the outcome.

[quote user="Making Plans"]It always amazes me why people post dumb treads like this. I mean, not only is it totally point:less but you''re on a hiding to nothing whatever the outcome.[/quote]It always amazes me why people post dumb replies like this.if optimism to you is like garlic to vampires don''t bother reading the thread. its not rocket science