Sign in to follow this  
Cobain18

Six points from safety!!!

Now is the time for anybody still doubting we will go down to look at cold hard stats. Glenn Roeder will need to do something miraculous in the next 2 weeks to turn this around; although people (myself included) didn''t see it at the time, when Peter Grant was buying all his players he was slowly destroying NCFC. None of this mess is currently Roeder''s fault; yes I know Grant hid behind Worthington''s team for months until he could do it no longer when the players were actually his team. I personally can''t see where our next win is coming from, if Roeder cannot do something in the two week break (in terms of signings) and we lose our next match we all have to ask ourselves where do we go from here?

I don''t like the idea of NCFC in crisis and the club split by Delia and protestors but unfortunately due to the circumstance we find ourselves in, there is no easy solution; no easy way out - things will get worse before they get better. 

Now is the time to force Delia out of the club and find another investor. Where are we going to find an investor you may ask - Ipswich have had two offers; they are in a better league positon however the don''t own their ground or training facilities, we effectively have more assets. The reason we haven''t had any offers is because you have to look for investors; they''re not mindreaders - they don''t know if NCFC is available to invest in or not.

Actually it''s more like 41 points  from safety as traditionally you need about 50 points to avoid relegation in this Division. With 30 games left that means winning ten, drawing ten and losing ten and we''ll be just about be ok. Can''t see what all the fuss is about myself.

[quote user="Fat Prophet"]

Seven points from safety - have you seen our goal difference?

[/quote]

Fair point - well that''s even more depressing and desperate for NCFC

No offence, but why would investors in a football club want assets? Sure, they''ll make the club more valuable, but that also means it will cost more to buy in the first place! Investors are looking for a return on their money that will only come from being in the Premiership. assets are irrelevant.

With Ipswich, the investor has basically spent less than £20m in total (£7-8m to buy the debt, and £12m by creating and then buying new shares) and now owns a controlling stake in a debt free football club with a 30 000 seater stadium who are in the play-off places. Ownership of the stadium is irrelevant. Yes, it''s an ''asset'', but the benefit of a large stadium is potential extra income, and that happens regardless of whether the stadium is owned or rented. I don''t think Man City own their new stadium.  

With Norwich,  any investor would be asked to spend MORE money for a club with MORE debt (£20m), a SMALLER stadium, and a LOWER league position. Yes, he would then own a club rich in assets, but that would only be to his advantage if he sold the club, not actually during his tenure.