Sign in to follow this  
roberts9

Yesterday was maybe a good thing!!

Please let me explain the title of this post before anyone having a go at me!!

Roeder would not have seen much of Norwich before taking the job and now he has seen the best average and worst we can play. I think yesterday could be a good thing as he now had a hands on view of what is wrong with the club at the moment. 

I think he will now use this 2 week break to change the wrongs and we will see a much different side at home to Coventry, Plus this break can give our injured players a chance to get back to full fitness.

Lets noit forget although its bad at the moment we have a new man in charge and we have games to put it right. If we are still in this position at the end of Jan my view may change but at the moment lets get right behind him and give him a chance to succeed which I think he will

I agree,

Must admit I get so mad on match day when we play so bad, but I''m glad we did yesterday otherwise Glen may have thought that he could cope with the current squad.

Atleasts he has seen how bad the squad is and is now committed to getting ''some quality through the door'' in the next fortnight.

I hope the younger players have listened to his call for extra effort needed, he obviously see''s potential there, and I believe he will get it out of them given time.

I hope by the end of January Glen has been given the support to bring in exactly who he wants to.

Just shows with limited funds and knowledge what shite PG managed to bring in.

[quote user="roberts9"]

Please let me explain the title of this post before anyone having a go at me!!

Roeder would not have seen much of Norwich before taking the job and now he has seen the best average and worst we can play. I think yesterday could be a good thing as he now had a hands on view of what is wrong with the club at the moment. 

I think he will now use this 2 week break to change the wrongs and we will see a much different side at home to Coventry, Plus this break can give our injured players a chance to get back to full fitness.

Lets noit forget although its bad at the moment we have a new man in charge and we have games to put it right. If we are still in this position at the end of Jan my view may change but at the moment lets get right behind him and give him a chance to succeed which I think he will

[/quote]

I''m certainly not "having a go" at you Roberts,but it''ll take a hell of a lot more than 2 weeks to put right the wrongs at this club! I think GR can make a start in that time,and,as you say,he might get some of the injured players back, but the whole etos of the club has to change,and radically.I''m sorry,but that can''t be done in a fortnight.

None of the injured players will make much difference anyway, Dion looks as though he has gone on a year to long to me, Chadwick has done ok in the last 2 games but whether he is good enough to keep it up is a moot point, Hucks is the only unavaliable player who is capable of making a difference but even he isn''t what he was. Our survival hopes depend on who we can get in over the next 2 weeks, lose to Coventry and fall even further behind and I think we are doomed, whoever we bring in. Coventry is arguably the biggest game in our history, they are in good form themselves and we will have to play very well to beat them, very worrying times.

I agree that the two week break can only be a good thing.Roeder''s been dumped in at the deep end really, with the local derby, a game against the top team just 48 hours later then a massive trip across country to Plymouth. I bet it hasn''t been easy for him. This is the time for him to really get to know the players now and sort things out without having to worry about an impending game and rushing his plans. Also the chance, fingers crossed, to bring in some much needed loan players.If you think back to our promotion season, we weren''t really any good until we brought in Hucks, Crouch and Harpur, and whilst it''s later in the day this season and we are much worse now than we were then, I''m sure that bringing in 2 or 3 top players will turn our season around. It all depends on how much money the board are willing to throw Glenn''s way - I''m not buying this no player will come to Norfolk because it''s too far away from anywhere else rubbish - it''s all about flashing the cash, and we need to do that asap before we really are doomed to League One.

No pleasing you Smudger is there, this thread is about recognizing the squad isnt good enough and hoping Glenn adds some players soon, you keep harping on about the rubbish squad, so whats your problem? explain?

[quote user="Tim Dawson"]No pleasing you Smudger is there, this thread is about recognizing the squad isnt good enough and hoping Glenn adds some players soon, you keep harping on about the rubbish squad, so whats your problem? explain?[/quote]

I think his problem is that too many fans look for the positives all the time, its always wait for the next game, its not the end of the world, it could be worse etc. How many will keep saying that when we are in Div 1 next year...