Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

ANSWER THIS ONE IF YOU CAN.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]

What is below ''Rock Bottom?''

Is there a ''Sub-Rock Bottom expression?''

[/quote]

Australia, if we sink any lower in depth. Ian Crook may even be our next coach without having to leave OZ.

"All aboard the underground football special to Australia, stopping at hell, the earth''s core and finally, Sydney."

[/quote]

It is possibly the Conference League?  Been there, done that.  Saw my hopeless club climb out of it after a struggle and today draw 2-2 away to Watford.   Our keeper saved a penalty and we hit the bar twice against the league leaders.

Wherever the U''s end up I''ll still be there for them.  You for the Canaries?

Maybe we have just chosen the wrong club?

[/quote]

"The centre of the earth". Technically you can go no lower.

Lorenzo knows best. If you dont belive me, may i invite you into a scrum against me and jason leonard and then we''ll decide shall we. hey? no, didnt think so.

so there

In an odd way you have just made me feel a bit better. Despite the horror of our current situation that''s exactly how I feel. And i''d very surprised if we didn''t have 15,000 + season ticket holders in the First (proper Third) Division.

[quote user="camuldonum"][quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]

[/quote]

It is possibly the Conference League?  Been there, done that.  Saw my hopeless club climb out of it after a struggle and today draw 2-2 away to Watford.   Our keeper saved a penalty and we hit the bar twice against the league leaders.

[/quote]

I will follow NCFC whatever league we''re in.

[quote user="camuldonum"][quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]

[/quote]

[/quote]sure, but its all about expectation though?!?  supposedly we''ve got prem ambitions.  its 40 odd years since we''ve been in the old divison2.   city don''t have a divine right to be anywhere other than where their team can take them on the footy pitch - and at the minute thats league 1.i admire the commendable spirit at colchester - but preseason i didn''t hear your directors and manager spout on about prem ambition??? or am i wrong????  so when the plan goes belly up, of course the fans will jump up and down - its a natural and human reaction when expectations become unfulfilled.  TBH, with the loss of key personnel, i expected colchester to struggle this year and maybe in the bottom 6.   the fact they''re not is pleasing to me, because maybe colchester are playing above my expectations of them this season - i mean that sincerely.  roeder already raised expectations by suggesting 2-3 new players would be coming in - they haven''t - he''s frustrated and blaming the players wags?  does that make him less of a football manager???or the fact i question the performance of the players/management/directors less of a football fan becuase my expectations have been disappointed???

i know everything isnt looking rosey for norwich at the moment

but look around there are many other teams in worse state than norwich i mean

notts forest, leeds, swindon, mk, oxford, cambridge, scarbrough have all taken a mighty tumble down divisions over the past 6 or so years

it happens to every team, luckily being a youngster i have not witenessed this at my club but i hear bout days when wolves went down consective years to league 4 then come straight back to division 2(now champ)

look at the rise so quickly of wigan,reading and fulham

and if the worst came to it and you went down, its not impossible to bounce back i.e mancity who scrapped through back door of playoffs in league 1 are now in prem

[quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="camuldonum"][quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

sure, but its all about expectation though?!?  supposedly we''ve got prem ambitions.  its 40 odd years since we''ve been in the old divison2.   city don''t have a divine right to be anywhere other than where their team can take them on the footy pitch - and at the minute thats league 1.

i admire the commendable spirit at colchester - but preseason i didn''t hear your directors and manager spout on about prem ambition??? or am i wrong???? 

so when the plan goes belly up, of course the fans will jump up and down - its a natural and human reaction when expectations become unfulfilled.  TBH, with the loss of key personnel, i expected colchester to struggle this year and maybe in the bottom 6.   the fact they''re not is pleasing to me, because maybe colchester are playing above my expectations of them this season - i mean that sincerely. 

roeder already raised expectations by suggesting 2-3 new players would be coming in - they haven''t - he''s frustrated and blaming the players wags?  does that make him less of a football manager???

or the fact i question the performance of the players/management/directors less of a football fan becuase my expectations have been disappointed???

[/quote]

No we did not go on about Premier League ambitions because, frankly, I don''t think we are in any way ready to be there, even if we had the ability.  At best we need several years of consolidating at Championship and then maybe....but that''s just my opinion.  We couldn''t survive in the Premier League as we are and I would hate to see the club ridiculed. 

Our aim this season is simply to stay in the Championship League.  We are leaking goals but I think we are beginning to get a better and more settled defence - Balogh seems to be the man to make a difference in our midfield. 

I do believe Roeder is the man to keep you up provided he has money to spend.  Only time will tell on that front but I certainly hope you avoid relegation. 

We are not doing as well as we should be - we''ve thrown games away, not least against Ipswich who we slaughtered for 70 minutes.  We have to stop doing that otherwise we shall be in trouble also. We "should" have beaten Watford but we didn''t. 

I understand how disappointed you and other fans are but I think, in my honest opinion, for the moment you have to be realistic: forget about the Premier League for a while, try and pick your team up and consolidate in the Championship.  I think for the moment you''ve all got to get behind your club for The Great Escape.

However, I can well see trouble looming for your Board if they don''t provide the money.  I hope they will.  I find it hard to believe that Roeder did not get some sort of assurance about financial support before he accepted the job.

I think if we were facing League One our owner would find the money.  He''s just put in £1.5m with another £1.5m to come in 2008 (don''t know when) but I think we are also looking to get people in on loan.  Elokobi wants out (thrown toys out of pram after being dropped, rightly, for two games) so we might get a few quid for him as well.

Let''s hope it''s better for both of us by Christmas!