Sign in to follow this  
colneycanary

Delia sell up please!!!!!!!!!!

Give Sullivan a call and tell him the club is for sale please. If you still want to be the majority share holder well i suggest you give Roeder an open cheque book to get whoever he wants on loan. Were in big trouble and you can NOT blame Roeder!

Still has a kitchen project and more off the field activities before she considers that I fear.

We are in a dreadful mess, i really feel for those poor sods who have travelled all that way to witness yet another abject display.

Glenn Roeder hasn''t a chance in hell of keeping us up as things stand.  The board simply has to take responsibility for the situation that NCFC is in.  I agree with the OP, Delia, please sell up - the last and best thing you can do for the club as majority share owner is to go out there and find a owner who is willing and able to invest and who can bring new ideas to the club. 

Get out Delia...hand the reins over to someone who is prepared to pump millions into the transfer budget. We need to spend and spend big to have any chance of surviving and if its done at the end of the season its far to late. Thanks for the memories, but for the ''best supporters in the world'', do us a favour and go!!!

Go and boil your eg o somewhere else!

You sit there in your thrown week in week out in your blind arrogance and self belief that you are doing this club good. I dont care whether you think your money entitles you this position but this club means so much more to the ordinary folk and it hurts us more than you will ever appreciate when we see what has been happening over the last 3 years...who are you kidding?

[quote user="seat124"]

Still has a kitchen project and more off the field activities before she considers that I fear.

We are in a dreadful mess, i really feel for those poor sods who have travelled all that way to witness yet another abject display.

[/quote]"off the pitch" ambition has killed FOOTBALL at Carrow Rd, you can all see it now at every game we play. It''s just another sad day for NCFC and it''s fans.

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST

She''s never going to sell up when she''s got thousands of t**ts clapping like demented seals when mr and mrs cake maker walked round the pitch before the derby. Then when she started blowing kisses to the N&P, please someone pass me a sickbag.

Mumby has already publicly stated that they are willing to sell to someone who has the clubs interests at heart but no one has expressed a serious public interest.

[quote user="T"]Mumby has already publicly stated that they are willing to sell to someone who has the clubs interests at heart but no one has expressed a serious public interest.[/quote] What she means is that noone residing within 5 miles of Norwich city centre who owns a yellow and green scarf have shown an interest, if she was to officially put the club up for sale and be a bit more open minded who she would sell to then perhaps there would be someone willing to buy her out. I''d much rather she sold to a foreigner than end up in league 2 which is where we''ll be if she''s here much longer.

I thought so many of you were saying that our players were quality but badly led....and that Glen Roeder was the new saviour of the club a week or so ago?.....

My my...how fickle we all are.....

[quote user="Shaker"]She''s never going to sell up when she''s got thousands of t**ts clapping like demented seals when mr and mrs cake maker walked round the pitch before the derby. Then when she started blowing kisses to the N&P, please someone pass me a sickbag.[/quote]I could only stand in the Barclay shaking my head in disbelief at that moment, mind you having been forced to sit in the N and P against Watford and seeing the farmer types that frequent that end of the ground it was hardly surprising.

kdncfc - that is not what Mumby said so your interpretation is speculation which may be right or wrong. Regardless of what ever they have said or think there has been no serious public interest in buying the club.

[quote user="CLUCK"]

I thought so many of you were saying that our players were quality but badly led....and that Glen Roeder was the new saviour of the club a week or so ago?.....

My my...how fickle we all are.....

[/quote]Very few people thought our players were quality players cluck. Roeder is a good manager with good contacts but even he is finding it hard to get quality players willing to come and play for a bottom of the league team. This is PG''s awful team still! The board need to give Roeder an open cheque book to get in the best loan signings money can get or they should sell up, so a new invester can put money into the team.

[quote user="T"]kdncfc - that is not what Mumby said so your interpretation is speculation which may be right or wrong. Regardless of what ever they have said or think there has been no serious public interest in buying the club.[/quote]How do you know that is the case? Are you privvy to some inside information? Just because they haven''t publicised it doesn''t mean that nobody has shown an interest, this Stefano bloke is supposedly interested and them lot down the road have not 1 but 2 people willing to buy them, I would say that in all but league position we must be a more attractive proposition than them. There are idiots out there in spite of what she said, it''s just a case of putting yourself out a bit in order to attract them.

kdncfc - I don''t know whether there has been any private interest just as you don''t know they will only sell to a local fan -that is not to say you are wrong or right. Hence I said there has not been any public interest. re stefano - I wrote serious public interest. I agree there are "idiots" out their who are willing to buy football clubs as a hobby but delia is correct that a championship football club is idiotic as a purely financial investment unless you are lucky enough to get promoted and then take the cash out of the club rather than invest the money in the team.

[quote user="T"]kdncfc - I don''t know whether there has been any private interest just as you don''t know they will only sell to a local fan -that is not to say you are wrong or right. Hence I said there has not been any public interest. re stefano - I wrote serious public interest. I agree there are "idiots" out their who are willing to buy football clubs as a hobby but delia is correct that a championship football club is idiotic as a purely financial investment unless you are lucky enough to get promoted and then take the cash out of the club rather than invest the money in the team.[/quote]That''s exactly what we did when we went up, took the cash rather than invest in the team, that was when the current rot started, with a bit of investment in the summer we went up we could have stayed up comfortably.

[quote user="T"]kdncfc - that is not what Mumby said so your interpretation is speculation which may be right or wrong. Regardless of what ever they have said or think there has been no serious public interest in buying the club.[/quote]

That is because while the board says they are open to offers, there has been no serious bid by them to try to find a buyer. It''s all very well standing up at an AGM and saying the door is always open, but why can''t the baord actively go out and tap up investors?

[quote user="Snakepit Boy"]

[quote user="T"]kdncfc - that is not what Mumby said so your interpretation is speculation which may be right or wrong. Regardless of what ever they have said or think there has been no serious public interest in buying the club.[/quote]

That is because while the board says they are open to offers, there has been no serious bid by them to try to find a buyer. It''s all very well standing up at an AGM and saying the door is always open, but why can''t the baord actively go out and tap up investors?

[/quote]

Rather like wondering why your house isn''t selling before you''ve even been to the Estate Agent. It just ain''t gonna happen.......

kdncfc - I agree that we could have spent more in the year we were promoted as we made a profit that year. I seem to recall though we were one of four clubs fighting against relegation and therefore we had a 1 in 4 chance of staying up. The reality was we were well adrift of the rest and would have needed to have spent more money on players than we could realistically afford to have a good chance of staying up. Interestingly, we may have been better off doing a Watford, not making any attempt to spend money on players, keep a settled side and save the money so that we could spend more on regaining promotion. Looking at Watford I''m starting to think the mistake was we spend too much rather than too little in the premiership year.

The shareholders did not take the cash out of the club so they did not make any money. There are clearly a few people out there interested in buying champioship football clubs but the reality is that there only a very few people with the wealth and the interest to spend money on a football club given that it is not an attractive financial investment, especially one at the bottom of the league with no realistic chance of promotion. The Turners are some of the richest people in the country so if they don''t have the free cash to invest in the club the reality is there are very few people with the money and interest to do so, wether we go looking or not. Most buyers have either had a local interest or bought into London clubs. It is not just not realistic to believe that there are a lot of people out there with substantial wealth who are interested in giving their money away to make a few football players rich. However, we only need one such person so that does not mean it can not happen. Also the Turners may still put more money in.

Businesses are not like houses as there are far fewer of them. Once someone has announced that a business is for sale then the buyers make themselves know if they are interested especially if you have such a well know business such as a football club.

[quote user="T"]

Businesses are not like houses as there are far fewer of them. Once someone has announced that a business is for sale then the buyers make themselves know if they are interested especially if you have such a well know business such as a football club.

[/quote]

Business people also know when a business is "actually for sale"....and when it is actively trying to avert a "hostile bid" by laying down unreasonable conditions.

The club is not for sale...but it will be in due course. Not even majority shareholders can hold back a move when it threatens to bring about public revolt.....especially when a precious public perception is at stake.

It will come....and Smith will not be able to prevent it happening when the PR spin finally stops working.......

We were 2 players short of being good enough to stay up, a central defender and a centre forward, had we have signed the aforementioned players in the summer we would have stayed up without needing to beat Fulham. We signed the doc and started the season with him at centre forward when he clearly wasn''t good enough. Flem was quite clearly out of his depth in the prem but we were forced to persist with him in the absence of a central defender coming in.

[quote user="T"]kdncfc - I don''t know whether there has been any private interest just as you don''t know they will only sell to a local fan -that is not to say you are wrong or right. Hence I said there has not been any public interest. re stefano - I wrote serious public interest. I agree there are "idiots" out their who are willing to buy football clubs as a hobby but delia is correct that a championship football club is idiotic as a purely financial investment unless you are lucky enough to get promoted and then take the cash out of the club rather than invest the money in the team.[/quote]

T, Delia has stated that she would "never" sell to a foreign investor. She has also stated that she wouldn`t sell to an investor who didn`t have the club`s best interests at heart. The first statement is unambiguous but verging on dodgy- who`s to say a foreign investor wouldn`t have the club`s best interests at heart? Pompey fans love Mandaric. The second statement is more ambiguous and it seems we are reliant on her judgement as to whether an investor "has the club`s best interests at heart". And has her judgement proved sound in recent years.....??

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[quote user="T"]kdncfc - I don''t know whether there has been any private interest just as you don''t know they will only sell to a local fan -that is not to say you are wrong or right. Hence I said there has not been any public interest. re stefano - I wrote serious public interest. I agree there are "idiots" out their who are willing to buy football clubs as a hobby but delia is correct that a championship football club is idiotic as a purely financial investment unless you are lucky enough to get promoted and then take the cash out of the club rather than invest the money in the team.[/quote]

T, Delia has stated that she would "never" sell to a foreign investor. She has also stated that she wouldn`t sell to an investor who didn`t have the club`s best interests at heart. The first statement is unambiguous but verging on dodgy- who`s to say a foreign investor wouldn`t have the club`s best interests at heart? Pompey fans love Mandaric. The second statement is more ambiguous and it seems we are reliant on her judgement as to whether an investor "has the club`s best interests at heart". And has her judgement proved sound in recent years.....??

[/quote]

Motto of the board: "Reluctance with Ambivalence"......