Sign in to follow this  
canarytim

FINE CITY, FINE MESS

CANARY TIM

Where do we start ?

I have got to say when I spoke to Peter Grant I was impressed, as no doubt the board were and they gave an up-and-coming young coach a chance, Rather than the recycled managers like Bryan Robson, John Gregory etc.

But boy did we get it wrong, Granty has assembled a team that cannot compete in the Championship and Mick Dennis says most of Division 1( THE 3RD DIVISION TO ME) would beat us ...how scary is that.  

The Grant reign is now over but he certainly isn`t the only culprit in the downfall of Norwich City fc step forward our old freind Nigel and his post-premiership signings and the 100`s of 1000`s we paid them, ie has Jason Jarret got a club yet or is he still a permanent loanee ?

In fact Craig Fleming said on Radio Norfolk the other day that he felt the downfall started midway thru the Premiership season, and I think this is closer to the truth. 

I critisised Bryan Gunn  on this messageboard for his lack of success in getting Man U youngsters to our club thru his "special relationship" with Alex Ferguson.  I was perhaps rightly taken to task by a fellow contributor who said Ryan Shawcross went to Stoke because of its closeness to Manchester and to get off Gunny`s back , fair enough but what about Lee Martin playing at Plymouth ? unless he has got family ties all that way away surely we could have got in there.

I am not critisising Gunny personaly, he is a Canary legend, did a great job on the commercial side and is the best ambassador this club could have, but this to me goes to show we are a "nice" club his success in getting any players in on loan from anywhere let alone Man U since he got this job is nil. 

The truth is this club need to get tough on the pitch and off it we cannot carry passengers even if they are lovely people.

What ever our feelings at present we all  need to get behind Glen Roeder, he needs mid-table/playoff form from now until the end of the season just to ensure survival.

I have supported the great team since 1968 so I have never known division 3 and do not want to, but the task we have to escape this is the hardest we have had  in all those 40 years.

So Come On You Yellas

I am now 90% certain that we are doomed to relegation to the 3rd division of the football league, for the 1st time since 1960. How appalling is that? I do hope Delia and her cohorts feel suitably ashamed at their dismal efforts as board members over the past 4 or 5 seasons. Anyway, to pick up on one of your points, Canary Tim, I too am seriously worried that our "fine" squad is not good enough for the 3rd division and therefore faces the grave danger of falling straight through to end up in the 4th division. Will we be playing King''s Lynn in a few seasons hence? Prudence with ambition, my arse!

[quote user="canarytim"]I critisised Bryan Gunn  on this messageboard for his lack of success in getting Man U youngsters to our club thru his "special relationship" with Alex Ferguson.  I was perhaps rightly taken to task by a fellow contributor who said Ryan Shawcross went to Stoke because of its closeness to Manchester and to get off Gunny`s back , fair enough but what about Lee Martin playing at Plymouth ? unless he has got family ties all that way away surely we could have got in there.

I am not critisising Gunny personaly, he is a Canary legend, did a great job on the commercial side and is the best ambassador this club could have, but this to me goes to show we are a "nice" club his success in getting any players in on loan from anywhere let alone Man U since he got this job is nil. 

The truth is this club need to get tough on the pitch and off it we cannot carry passengers even if they are lovely people.

What ever our feelings at present we all  need to get behind Glen Roeder, he needs mid-table/playoff form from now until the end of the season just to ensure survival.

I have supported the great team since 1968 so I have never known division 3 and do not want to, but the task we have to escape this is the hardest we have had  in all those 40 years.

So Come On You Yellas[/quote]I think you''d be quite right to criticise Gunny - he has a senior position within the Club, something to do with liaison, and I don''t see any tangible signs of liaising. It makes me rather cynical about things I''m afraid, particularly about any hope of "getting tough off the pitch". ManU have these kids scattered all round the CCC, so where''s our share?

[quote user="Old Boy"]I think you''d be quite right to criticise Gunny - he has a senior position within the Club, something to do with liaison, and I don''t see any tangible signs of liaising. It makes me rather cynical about things I''m afraid, particularly about any hope of "getting tough off the pitch". ManU have these kids scattered all round the CCC, so where''s our share?
[/quote]

I think the term ''cheap option'' comes to mind as usual.

[quote user="Old Boy"][quote user="canarytim"]I critisised Bryan Gunn  on this messageboard for his lack of success in getting Man U youngsters to our club thru his "special relationship" with Alex Ferguson.  I was perhaps rightly taken to task by a fellow contributor who said Ryan Shawcross went to Stoke because of its closeness to Manchester and to get off Gunny`s back , fair enough but what about Lee Martin playing at Plymouth ? unless he has got family ties all that way away surely we could have got in there.

So Come On You Yellas[/quote]I think you''d be quite right to criticise Gunny - he has a senior position within the Club, something to do with liaison, and I don''t see any tangible signs of liaising. It makes me rather cynical about things I''m afraid, particularly about any hope of "getting tough off the pitch". ManU have these kids scattered all round the CCC, so where''s our share?

[/quote]

The truth is Gunny probably doesn''t have anywhere near the amount contacts he and the club made out on his initial appointment - he had been out of the game for a very long time. Another truth is that he only got this position as a token job, just to keep him at the club. The sort of occurence that makes Carrow Road stink of jobs for friends.

[quote user="alex_ncfc"][quote user="Old Boy"][quote user="canarytim"]I critisised Bryan Gunn  on this messageboard for his lack of success in getting Man U youngsters to our club thru his "special relationship" with Alex Ferguson.  I was perhaps rightly taken to task by a fellow contributor who said Ryan Shawcross went to Stoke because of its closeness to Manchester and to get off Gunny`s back , fair enough but what about Lee Martin playing at Plymouth ? unless he has got family ties all that way away surely we could have got in there.

[/quote]

The truth is Gunny probably doesn''t have anywhere near the amount contacts he and the club made out on his initial appointment - he had been out of the game for a very long time. Another truth is that he only got this position as a token job, just to keep him at the club. The sort of occurence that makes Carrow Road stink of jobs for friends.

[/quote]

i agree... he should of stayed in the marketing department.. how long will Roeder keep gunny on board for? no doubt the board will find him a job behind the bar in the Barclay or something

jas :)