Sign in to follow this  
Escape2Victory

Why blame the board?

[quote user="Escape2Victory"][quote user="Confused Des"]

Because the board believes it can buck the trend of paying competetive wages and transfer fees,by "thinking cleverer" than everyone else,whilst whittling away our transfer budget on numerous bargain bin squad fillers,Robinson,Hughes,Thorne,And most of or current team.Bolstered by the occasional big name,eg Earnshaw who it turns out can only be persuaded to join on the proviso that they can name their own leaving terms no matter how detrimental to the team in terms of cohesion or unity,or by ensuring the squad was large enough to compensate for such an eventuality.

By the way it handled Dean Ashtons transfer to West Ham, or Leon Mckenzies to coventry.

For the Lack of ambition that so clearly manifests itself on the pitch, Name one other club that has "prudence with ambition" or "sound fiscal policy with a modicum of sucess" as a club mission statement, then wonder why we have difficulty attracting and retaining ambitious footballers.

Because despite numerous chances for the board to learn from past mistakes,there is no sign that it has nor shows any willingness to listen to criticism,beyond labelling it unhelpful.

quoting the handling of Ashton''s seems bizare. Ashton was given a new contract the summer we went down, with the ambition that he would fire in the goals to return us to the premiership. Anyone that saw his performances that season could see he was taking the piss and simply didnt give a damn. History shows there is not a huge amount of point keeping an unhappy player.

[/quote][/quote]

Another question for you to ponder escape2victory is that despite selling Ashton for £7million and only spending £3million of that on Earnshaw we still haven`t replaced him have we? I suppose Brown looks a half decent target man-type striker until he gets anywhere near the penalty area.....[8-)] but then what do you expect for £300k? Still, at least he was cheap and that`s the most important thing to you lot isn`t it?

[quote user="Rupethebear"]

Like any board ours has made mistakes but hindsight is a wonderful thing, they are are committed to the club and people should realise that we have no divine right to be in the premiership or in the pay offs but with our resource we are desparately under achieving!!!

[/quote]

Hindsight, your having a laugh ,with all due respect to my Grandfather could have seen this coming and he has been dead for twelve years''.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="Escape2Victory"]

[quote user="slater"]The problem is that we''ve (badly) we been forced to radhly replace all of our more expensive, better players with cheaper, worse ones as the parachute money runs out. A bit like the other two teams (Palace and Soton) who came down with us from the Premiership. Now look at the league table and tell me how much better they''re getting on?[/quote]

exactly. it would be ridiculous to spend money we don''t have. i am by no means happy by the present performances, but i would prefer to have my football club existing for the rest of my lifetime than gamble on more success in the short term.

If the Turners or other suitable investors want to invest, then it would be great. Until then, however, i fail to see what more the board can do.

[/quote]

You are completely missing the point. The club have had plenty of money over the last three seasons (£32million sky money, £16million player sales, record season tickets etc.) it just hasn`t been spent on the team, and this is why we have ended up with a poor, demoralised squad which cost less than £5million to assemble. The board have chosen to spend it on unneccessary infrastructure and therefore they deserve all the blame they (you?) are getting and some.

It`s funny how when it comes to spending money on the pitch it`s "spending money we can`t afford", but when it comes to chucking millions at a new infill, new pitch, road, new ticket office, land, offices and corporate facilities these are deemed wise investments.....[^o)]. How silly do they look now? People have been saying for a long time now that it is a massive risk to assume the team will trot along nicely with minimal investment, but then i don`t think our board are intelligent enough to even grasp that idea.

[/quote] Well said Mr Carrow. Nail on head. Thankfully more and more fans are waking up to the idea that the board may not have the club''s best interests at heart.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

Another question for you to ponder escape2victory is that despite selling Ashton for £7million and only spending £3million of that on Earnshaw we still haven`t replaced him have we? I suppose Brown looks a half decent target man-type striker until he gets anywhere near the penalty area.....[8-)] but then what do you expect for £300k? Still, at least he was cheap and that`s the most important thing to you lot isn`t it?

[/quote]

All very good points Mr Carrow [8-|][*]

I can go and sign five six-foot three strikers tomorrow for £100,000 apiece - they won''t do the job that we want because they are not good enough, simple as that, and if you want to move forward then you need good players within the club.

But they were made before by someone who actively tried to change it from within. But you wanted shot of him, that was the important thing to you lot at the time wasn''t it?

Dear Escape2Victory - Try these on for size: Appointed the Blarneymeister, absolutely faantaastic, allowed NW to outstay his welcome, allowed somebody called Prudence to run the club at the expense of ambition, happy to be seen and heard when things are going well, gone very quiet now we are up to our necks in it, approached PG for the position of manager, wasted the opportunity (and money) our one season in the Prem offered, do I need to go on...actually I will go on, they bleat on about a £7m "blackhole" in our finances, yeah right didn`t see the parachute money running out...........

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[/quote]

I can go and sign five six-foot three strikers tomorrow for £100,000 apiece - they won''t do the job that we want because they are not good enough, simple as that, and if you want to move forward then you need good players within the club.

But they were made before by someone who actively tried to change it from within. But you wanted shot of him, that was the important thing to you lot at the time wasn''t it?

[/quote]

I pretty much stayed out of the Worthy out thing Nutty as i had realised by then that he basically had both arms and legs tied behind his back by the board. I genuinely think that in the last 4-6 months of his reign he had given up and was waiting for his pay-off. The board, typically, dithered hoping that fan pressure would be enough for him to resign (thereby saving the pay-off) and a pointless standoff ensued. Yes, i thought his time was up but i knew he wasn`t the real problem. I seem to remember you spending more time having a go at the knockers (of both Worthy and board) than concentrating on the regime which had made his job impossible.......feel free to dig up some old threads, could be interesting.

Probably shouldn`t have encouraged you to drag up old threads Nutty as i`m [ap] off to [ip] for a week tomorrow. Forecast is 21-24 degrees all week so no more [st] and plenty of [B].......[H][<:o)][Y]

[quote user="Escape2Victory"]

[quote user="slater"]The problem is that we''ve (badly) we been forced to radhly replace all of our more expensive, better players with cheaper, worse ones as the parachute money runs out. A bit like the other two teams (Palace and Soton) who came down with us from the Premiership. Now look at the league table and tell me how much better they''re getting on?[/quote]

exactly. it would be ridiculous to spend money we don''t have. i am by no means happy by the present performances, but i would prefer to have my football club existing for the rest of my lifetime than gamble on more success in the short term.

If the Turners or other suitable investors want to invest, then it would be great. Until then, however, i fail to see what more the board can do.

[/quote]

Well Ipswich have done it, and Leeds, and the way things are going we''ll be below both next season!

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]Probably shouldn`t have encouraged you to drag up old threads Nutty as i`m [ap] off to [ip] for a week tomorrow. Forecast is 21-24 degrees all week so no more [st] and plenty of [B].......[H][<:o)][Y][/quote]

[:D][Y] Very Good.

[quote user="gazzathegreat"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="Escape2Victory"]

[/quote]

You are completely missing the point. The club have had plenty of money over the last three seasons (£32million sky money, £16million player sales, record season tickets etc.) it just hasn`t been spent on the team, and this is why we have ended up with a poor, demoralised squad which cost less than £5million to assemble. The board have chosen to spend it on unneccessary infrastructure and therefore they deserve all the blame they (you?) are getting and some.

It`s funny how when it comes to spending money on the pitch it`s "spending money we can`t afford", but when it comes to chucking millions at a new infill, new pitch, road, new ticket office, land, offices and corporate facilities these are deemed wise investments.....[^o)]. How silly do they look now? People have been saying for a long time now that it is a massive risk to assume the team will trot along nicely with minimal investment, but then i don`t think our board are intelligent enough to even grasp that idea.

[/quote] Well said Mr Carrow. Nail on head. Thankfully more and more fans are waking up to the idea that the board may not have the club''s best interests at heart.[/quote]

Thanks. I`m not expecting a reply Gazza.........[*-)]

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]Probably shouldn`t have encouraged you to drag up old threads Nutty as i`m [ap] off to [ip] for a week tomorrow. Forecast is 21-24 degrees all week so no more [st] and plenty of [B].......[H][<:o)][Y][/quote]

You didn''t encourage me to dig up old threads, if you want to go down that road you dig them up. The Worthy quotes were from posts I made at the time he made them. I believed at the time he should have been backed especially in the Howard signing. I posted his comments but everyone ridiculed it, put me in their imaginary KTF gang, and then made up more poison against Worthington. So you will find that I critcised the board long before most on here did. However, where I defended them was when they were attacked viciously by ill-informed posters. Go check that thread about Delia having already claimed back her investment. I also had discussions with you on here about the accounts but didn''t realise I was defending anyone. I will always call it as I see it and won''t be put in any category or imaginary gang on here. Not everyone is going to say good post Mr Carrow and not question what can only be a laymans opinion.

Have a good holiday my friend [pi][B][ap][ip][H][Y]

I believe Southampton are more than the football club, so their sell off of players may be driven by non football factors. Anyway they are not in the bottom three.

Crystal Palace may be financially effected by the purchase of the freehold relating to their ground, so that may help explain their position. 

[quote user="Escape2Victory"]

[/quote]

We were told that the survival of NCFC was paramount.

So why spend £7m+ on fixed assets that could have waited? Surely the repayment of one of the loan notes should have taken priority?  

Anyone else noticed the large number of empty seats in The Community (Corner) stand on Tuesday evening. That payback gets longer ..........

sorry mate for a first post its pretty poor. could rip all your points to bits. but cant be bothered. just read many off the post in the last few months and you will see why people are anti board.

why blame the board? well next time you got carrow road have a look around.... the hotel, Restaurants, Flats, an ''access road'', the soon to be built Multi Storey Car Park, a Travel Agents, a Car Dealers, Offices that need refurbishing after 12 months....

after you have looked aroun you can applaud another mis placed Ian Murray pass, or a wayward hoof from Shacks, or David Marshall fumbling the ball into his own net.... applaud loud and long wont you... because the money "invested" in the bricks and mortar has led to the crap we have on the field.... Yeovil got tonked 4-1 by torquay in the 1st round of the FA cup yesterday.... might be us in 12 months time... or we can lose in the 1st round of the auto windscreens trophy... the Hotel standing empty as a testimony to how far we have come as Rochdale slot their 3rd past us in front of 9000 fans....

Smith Out!

jas :) 

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Well yes, he had peaked as a manager at NCFC and was on the decline and taking us down with him.  He will never hit those heady heights again at another club IMO.

Problem was the Board got fooled at the interview by a man with no managerial ability at all.  The managerial equivalent of Ali Dai, unfortunatly whereas Dai got 15 minutes, Grant got almost a year...

Hopefully Roeder will prove himself a decent manager - however seeing Smith start on the right two games ago has already got me worried.  Playing players out of position only two games into your reign -with no excuse for injuries seems a tad foolish to me.  Not on the same level as Doherty in midfield tho.

[quote user="Canary Nut"]

I believe Southampton are more than the football club, so their sell off of players may be driven by non football factors. Anyway they are not in the bottom three.

Crystal Palace may be financially effected by the purchase of the freehold relating to their ground, so that may help explain their position. 

[/quote] Ive been in a constant dialogue with Mr doncaster today - fair dues, he isnt hiding unlike some.He cites the Palace and Soton situation in the same way, omitting of course to mention they are not bottom of the league and have inferior gates.  Without plastering his replies over the web, which wouldnt be fair (or legal), he is laying the blame for this mess squarely at the door of the playing staff. 100%. And assures me the budget for players is significantly higher than that of the ''one horse towns'' i quoted him as being our chief tormentors week in week out.