Sign in to follow this  
Plastic Scouser

Column For Yankee Canary

Pete/Vince/Celia

Can''t you offer Yankee a column a la "Birds Eye View"? That way he can keep his contentious ramblings in one place and the rest of the posters can avoid foaming at the mouth when he sets out to wind everyone up - again...

Just thinking of saving some of the other posters sanity as they seem to fall for his wind-ups every time! Why not call it "Wind Up from America"?

Plastic Scouser, I think just not printing his mails would be better. I know some people send in contencious mails as a wind - up or to get things going, but his ramblings are the work of a smug_____

Loathed as I am to defend old WC Steve, sorry YC, he is entitled to his views, as much as you or I, or indeed any other poster on these boards .

Whilst I don''t always agree with his strange ramblings on City, I will always, always defend his right to say them!. Sorry.

I have disagreed many times with him, but you don''t have to read his posts you know, its not compuslary, yet, savy!.

Live and let live, theres a place for everyone one this message board, whether they are trying to be humerous or are serious.

Some of the posts are written in an exasperating form of English or use bizarre spelling and syntax but all posters are entitled to post their views without getting worked up about it.

Its about some time some people stopped being thin skinned, learned to take a joke or just read the posts before resorting to personal abuse.

Tsk tsk. Every board needs a good wind up merchant. And he''s entitled to his view.

When I first joined this board a couple of months back I found his comments annoying, in a similar way to when somebody cuts you up on a roundabout or fails to indicate. But look at the amount of debate his comments trigger.

I can picture him right now smiling smugly as we discuss this, the guy obviously intends to get reaction which is fine by me. By getting angry you''re simply playing into his hands.
Long may Yankee continue to post his posts, I hope I get to meet him one day. He sounds interesting and I suspect in reality he is an ok bloke, I doubt he is as negative as he sounds on here.

come on, what is going on here, poor old yankee!!

he has disagreed with me many times, i with him, but if he were filtered to a distant outpost, where would we all get our fun from?

If we all agreed this board would not exist, or if it did, it would be too boring to read

to jonzey, i think when he comes over to england he will meet us all, we will take care of it

yankee, good on yer mate, i know some of your ideas have been bizarre, and your views on our fine city sometimes less than favourable, but more than anything i hate censorship and dumbing down, so moderators, don''t get rid of him - we need the old whinger to brighten up our lives

Yankee,
I may be wrong but I got this mental picture of you today,a little old man in his 70''s with white hair and a white beard and you were rocking backwards and forwards in your chair,laughing uncontrollable and saying to yourself
''I''ve done it,I''m so popular now on that pinkun board that they want to give me my own column,
Am I right?
cityangel

Well, I won''t comment upon the physical appearance cityangel, as I think that may be, in part, why there was such a thin turnout at the poster party...people prefer to leave to their imagination their impressions of what various posters look like/are like in the flesh. I must confess that I am concerned at seeing any thread where there seem to be as many positive inputs on me as there are negative ones. I may be forced to re-invent myself into a much more arrogant and critical individual.

If you''re right cityangel, I reckon YC culd be in the running for the next Bond villian!! You don''t have either 1) A white cat, 2) a gammy eye or 3) A strange fixation with world domination do you YC??

I sincerely hope you did not consider my post to be positive. I am sure you are an arrogant colonial, but you have the right to state your views as I have the right not to read them, which I shall be exercising from now on.

There are other posters who I refuse to read this is primarily down to poor use of the English language, but yours I will not read because I do not want to listen to any of your cock eyed views on anything.

That is my last word on the subject.

Bloody Hell City Angel, you''ve just described me!. Although I''m an awful lot older than 70, more like 170, a dead ringer I''m told for Michael Douglas, watch it wiz he''ll sue!.

Peter, calm down before you have a coronary. Nothing wrong with old Yankee. He gets a lot of response because he raises sometimes contentious views which draw out a lot of debate.

Always a treat when YC''s name crops up in the thread.

Talk about going off at a tangent - or getting vindictive.

A bit like your old great uncle - who used to be thought provoking but who''s since lost ONE marble, but not the lot.

Let this fine old gentleman have his say - reality and imagination are starting to merge.