Sign in to follow this  
Hog

Roeder certainly talks the talk

Roeder certainly talks the talk but can he walk the walk?

We would all love to see Ameobi here but I fear that Roeder is soon to discover that like poor Grant, selling Norwich is not as easy as we would all like to believe, we always here about what excellent training facilities we have but I am not yet convinced that its enough to tempt quality here. We used to have no trouble, Crouch and Huckerby spring to mind, but a lack of ambition together with dismal results for over a year have all contributed to Norwich''s new image of a club scrapping at the bottom. You certainly wouldn''t want to sen your youngsters here to instill confidence in them!

I think Roeders standing in the game may help attract players to the club he is well respected in the game and has a relationship with some clubs due to previous employment , Grant did not have this and although he was passionate didnt have the profile or respect from other managers and players.

[quote user="Stone Cold"]I think Roeders standing in the game may help attract players to the club he is well respected in the game and has a relationship with some clubs due to previous employment , Grant did not have this and although he was passionate didnt have the profile or respect from other managers and players.[/quote]

I hope, and pray you are right

I hope to goodness you''re right - this next fortnight is key in getting in the necessary fresh faces as the team were as poor as ever on Saturday (another long and futile day out) and by January we could be dead in the water with no problem at all at this rate - it''s frighteneing when no up and coming games even look remotely easy or winnable.

[quote user="Stone Cold"]I think Roeders standing in the game may help attract players to the club he is well respected in the game and has a relationship with some clubs due to previous employment , Grant did not have this and although he was passionate didnt have the profile or respect from other managers and players.[/quote]

Agreed Stone Cold.....................................loans seem to be our only hope now.

OTBC

sure sallyhe''s put his neck on the same chopping block that was well worn by grant in the summer.  how often did we hear grant say - ''maybe 2-3 more players to arrive'' ''new central defender needed'' only for none to arrive.  grant said we had a small squad when he arrived, and he had to sell/release as a many as he got in.  why??? obviously poor ole grant was not content with the size of the squad by his comments, so you can reasonably assume he was denied proper funding to sufficiently add to it - despite doncaster saying loan funds (how large??) were there if needed.roedy has repeated the same ''small squad'' observation - and again suggested getting 2-3 more players in - that was from day 1/2 - nearly 2 weeks on, we''re still waiting.so after the plymouth debacle - he''s come out publically and questioned the honesty of some of the squad - saying we need new blood in who want to play.i hope for his sake he''s getting full backing from the board to bring the targets in, but on past evidence i doubt it.

gissing canary wrote the following post at 12/11/2007 10:11 AM:

Speaking to a few people they have also said Grant was actually disliked by other pros, on his own team, and especially on opposition teams.

I also heard this he is apparently very arrogant and the players weren''t happy with his shouting at them and publicly slagging them off.

[quote user="Stone Cold"]

gissing canary wrote the following post at 12/11/2007 10:11 AM:

Speaking to a few people they have also said Grant was actually disliked by other pros, on his own team, and especially on opposition teams.

I also heard this he is apparently very arrogant and the players weren''t happy with his shouting at them and publicly slagging them off.

[/quote]

Hardly surprising, if he publicallyu slated a player after scoring two goals god knows what he used to do in private?  Does anybody actually enjoy being slagged off in public by their boss?

A vicious circle at work here, too.While we are bottom of the championship, it will be much harder to get any players to come in here.  Managers will wonder whether it''s worth loaning them out.It is going to be really hard to bring players in unlike when we snared Crouch, Hucks, Davenport - players want to play for glory in a winning side.  I fear a lot of the pampered young millionaires lack the bottle for a basement scrap involving a team they have no long-term commitment to.I would hope managers like Mark Hughes or even Megson, who manage premiership teams based around guts and work rate and tough tackling, could find some players who need to prove their mettle and loan them to us, but I can''t see it right now.

when Huckerby and Crouch arrived on loan we weren''t doing particularly well. Their influence obviously changed that.

[quote user="Salahuddin"]

Roeder certainly talks the talk but can he walk the walk?

We would all love to see Ameobi here but I fear that Roeder is soon to discover that like poor Grant, selling Norwich is not as easy as we would all like to believe, we always here about what excellent training facilities we have but I am not yet convinced that its enough to tempt quality here.

[/quote]Roeder has denied making an approach for Ameobi. The other point was that he initially said that the manager didn''t fancy him, but wouldn''t let him go out because of a current injury crisis, and to try again in 3-4 weeks. On Saturday Newcastle had Owen and Viduka starting, with Alan Smith in midfield and Martins coming off the bench.

[quote user="Grando"]when Huckerby and Crouch arrived on loan we weren''t doing particularly well. Their influence obviously changed that.[/quote]We were doing alright before we got them in, if I recall correctly.Much much better than we''re doing now.  There must be some premiership managers who have got some players they''re not sure about... what better place to prove what they can do?  Christ, if one of them can play ten yard passes to feet, we''d make him look like Lionel Messi.They don''t even have to be names - look at the lad QPR loaned who took us apart when they beat us this season.  He was class.  Ran the midfield.