Sign in to follow this  
scrimmage

42 years

Just to say that this is my first ever post on here and could possibly be my last! i first watched norwich when i was 8 and i am 50 now so 42 years of constant and enthusiastic support. But my loyalty is being tested now as never before and I am not sure if I can put up with this shambles for much longer. How have we managed to slide into this position? Every season up to now has always held a glimmer of hope that there might be  a playoff place or a cup run or an exciting new player signed but right from the off this season has been doomed.

i despair!

I feel exactly the same as you mate, difference is that I am 45 and have 35 years support behind me, I''ve already decided that even if we stay in this league I will wait and see what money has been invested in the squad before renewing my ticket even if it means waiting until August and paying an extra hundred quid, if the squad isn''t improved I won''t renew, if we are relegated then there is no way I will renew, I just can''t take watching anymore of the rubbish we have had to put up with in recent years and feeling so low every weekend because of the inabality of a few highly paid numptys who claim to be professional footballers to do the job they are paid well to do.

[quote user="scrimmage"]

Just to say that this is my first ever post on here and could possibly be my last! i first watched norwich when i was 8 and i am 50 now so 42 years of constant and enthusiastic support. But my loyalty is being tested now as never before and I am not sure if I can put up with this shambles for much longer. How have we managed to slide into this position? Every season up to now has always held a glimmer of hope that there might be  a playoff place or a cup run or an exciting new player signed but right from the off this season has been doomed.

i despair!

[/quote]

Join the club!

I''ve been an ardent fan since 1962...so I know where you are coming from....However, while the present "dictatorship" are making an almighty mess of things...the core of the club will remain long after they''ve gone. My support is only "on hold" until the Board and "prudence" clears off...then at whatever level the club remains I''ll return as enthusiastic as ever.

It''s not simply about winning as a City fan as I''m sure you will agree.... it''s every bit as much about "place" and "belonging"...the two vital ingredients Smith has cynically hijacked since her circus came to town. So don''t despair...as it will all come out in the wash as they say!........