Sign in to follow this  
Scole Canary

FA Cup 2nd Round Draw

Sitting in the living room watching the draw I said to the wife, "We''ll be in this next year" She said "Don''t be daft we''ll get knocked out in the 1st!" 

[quote user="Scole Canary"]

Sitting in the living room watching the draw I said to the wife, "We''ll be in this next year" She said "Don''t be daft we''ll get knocked out in the 1st!" 

[/quote]Quality SC   [:D]

[quote user="charlies dad"]To be honest, i dont think we could have coped with torquay. And im not being ironic.[/quote]

We beat them comfortably enough last season.. but then we still had Worthy. And I''m not being ironic.

[quote user="charlies dad"]To be honest, i dont think we could have coped with torquay. And im not being ironic.[/quote]

We beat them comfortably enough last season.. but then we still had Worthy. And I''m not being ironic.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote] We also had Earnshaw, Etuhu, Safri, Mackenzie, and a few others. And once again - im not being ironic.

[/quote] We also had Earnshaw, Etuhu, Safri, Mackenzie, and a few others. And once again - im not being ironic.

[/quote] And, as you answered twice, allow me to. Torquay according to todays commentary have already scored more goals and attained more points than all of last season, they are on the up. Unlike Delilahs sinking ship.

[/quote]

They look a bit better now though. And we look a whole lot worse.

[quote user="charlies dad"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote] And, as you answered twice, allow me to. Torquay according to todays commentary have already scored more goals and attained more points than all of last season, they are on the up. Unlike Delilahs sinking ship.[/quote]

And, as you answered thrice, allow me to. Earnshaw, Etuhu, Safri, Mackenzie, and a few others are players Worthy signed where as this season we have replaced them with Cureton, Russell, Nobody and Brown. Both examples were on Delilahs sinking ship.

The grass is always greener? Not in this case!

[/quote]

they have more money than us.... and that is FACT, Little Torquay, a team that has spent 86 years in the toilet end of the football league, their debt of 6 million was wiped out in the summer and their new owner has made money available for the manager to spend,.. hence they are top of the blue SQ prem.

So Delia, how can a side that has never been in the 2nd tier of english football, at the A**e end of the country, further away from London than we are, with a rubbish stadium, rubbish Facilities, no rival for miles around and only the Atlantic sea to keep it company attract investment.. and us, a club that has won 2 league cups, was in the top flight 3 years ago and has all these business ventrues, a great training ground and stadium and sell out crowds, cant?

i do not believe Delia when she says no one is waiting to invest in the club... and one look at Torquay is the reason.

jas :)

[quote]they have more money than us.... and that is FACT, Little Torquay, a

team that has spent 86 years in the toilet end of the football league,

their debt of 6 million was wiped out in the summer and their new owner

has made money available for the manager to spend,.. hence they are top

of the blue SQ prem.[/quote]Jas.  For the 3rd time, and each time in different threads, that take-over failed because the new chairmans'' company couldn''t keep up with the payments to the old chairman.  It doesn''t matter how many times you re-assert this factual inaccuracy, it won''t make it true.From Wiki, with references from BBC Sport :on March 7, 2007 former chairman Mike Bateson

was reappointed as chairman, the move following Chris Roberts company,

Torquay United Holdings, inability to meet the next payment to purchase

the club from Bateson.[7]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="charlies dad"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote] And, as you answered twice, allow me to. Torquay according to todays commentary have already scored more goals and attained more points than all of last season, they are on the up. Unlike Delilahs sinking ship.[/quote]

And, as you answered thrice, allow me to. Earnshaw, Etuhu, Safri, Mackenzie, and a few others are players Worthy signed where as this season we have replaced them with Cureton, Russell, Nobody and Brown. Both examples were on Delilahs sinking ship.

The grass is always greener? Not in this case!

Just because Grant was crappier than the crap Worthington. doenst make the grass greener, dont try and intimate that if worthington has stayed we would be top six. nobody is stupid enough to beleive that one.

[/quote]

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]they have more money than us.... and that is FACT, Little Torquay, a team that has spent 86 years in the toilet end of the football league, their debt of 6 million was wiped out in the summer and their new owner has made money available for the manager to spend,.. hence they are top of the blue SQ prem.[/quote]

Jas.  For the 3rd time, and each time in different threads, that take-over failed because the new chairmans'' company couldn''t keep up with the payments to the old chairman.  It doesn''t matter how many times you re-assert this factual inaccuracy, it won''t make it true.

From Wiki, with references from BBC Sport :

on March 7, 2007 former chairman Mike Bateson was reappointed as chairman, the move following Chris Roberts company, Torquay United Holdings, inability to meet the next payment to purchase the club from Bateson.[7]

[/quote]

that isnt what 442 magazine (who ran an article on torquay 2 months ago) and the BBC aluded too yesterday.... Bateson is head of the takeover, didnt chris roberts go bankrupt? he was the one who was going to fine the players for fouling wasnt he?

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]they have more money than us.... and that is FACT, Little Torquay, a team that has spent 86 years in the toilet end of the football league, their debt of 6 million was wiped out in the summer and their new owner has made money available for the manager to spend,.. hence they are top of the blue SQ prem.[/quote]

Jas.  For the 3rd time, and each time in different threads, that take-over failed because the new chairmans'' company couldn''t keep up with the payments to the old chairman.  It doesn''t matter how many times you re-assert this factual inaccuracy, it won''t make it true.

From Wiki, with references from BBC Sport :

on March 7, 2007 former chairman Mike Bateson was reappointed as chairman, the move following Chris Roberts company, Torquay United Holdings, inability to meet the next payment to purchase the club from Bateson.[7]

[/quote]

think u''ll find that im Right Blah, Batesons long gone from Torquay.... DO NOT believe what u read on Wikipedia... its about as reliable as an Eastern Counties bus...

heres proof http://www.torquayunited.premiumtv.co.uk/page/WhosWho/0,,10445~270954,00.html

and yet further proof....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/devon/content/articles/2007/05/24/torquay_united_new_owners_feature.shtml

like i said.. how can Torquey get investment.. and we cant?