Sign in to follow this  
lucky green trainers

do all the numpty's want hucks out now???

nowhere to run, nowhere to hide, today at plymouth this lot gave up the ghost from the minute they stepped onto the pitch.  without hucks, the others don''t know how to create a goal scoring opportunity if it hit em between the eyes. they can''t control, don''t know what a killer pass is,  can''t play little jamie cureton in - in fact can''t give any decent ball to the front 2.  they don''t know when to put a low ball in along the 6 yard box, or one to the near post, or hang one up to the far post.  in short our final ball is naff, aimless, lacking in conviction and hoofed in without pace, direction or skill.  we''ve as much much ability as a virgin in a brothel.  clueless ditherers.hate him, or hate him, watching counago last sunday release the ball perfectly at an exact pace through the eye of a needle for lee to latch onto was glorious.  and then have the complement repaid with yet another piece of exacting skill for their second - made it look so simple. on tuesday, i was in the jarrold, and watched the watford winger leave lappin for dead, look up and deliberately cross knee high to the edge of the 6 yard box, where the impressive and athletic marlon king already had first run on our floundering centre halfs - he connected perfectly - meat and drink to these craftsman.  they knew how to create. they knew how to score.  hucks and also chadders are in this bracket imo.  without them, we are poorer (and league 1) for it.and yet, many of you fail to appreciate this - you question hucks for speaking out about the state of our squad in the summer and pre-grants parting.  after the slagging he received, i doubt he''ll be so quick to sound off again - if he''s got any sense he''ll keep his own counsel, why should he stick his neck out for NCFC, if many supporters question his commitment and motives.  how very dare you!!!  as mello said in an earlier post, we deserve what we get.  the board are getting away with murder, and you all line up to choke the canary who''s singing of the danger. ah well - perhaps we''ll re-sign mark rivers in league 1 next year, remember him???......................

I stand by what I said about Hucks; I used to think the sun sone out of you know where. Not any more, he''s not a team player, and certainly what he has done has done little for team spirit.

Players should do it where it counts, on the pitch. I am sure other players are as concerned as Hucks, but we don''t hear them rocking the boat, they just get on with it.

I have not seen many games recently, but it seems to me that Hucks'' days of whizzing past defenders and getting crosses in seem to be behind him.

Well said LGT.

Sadly not even Hucks on his own can get us out of this mess. More power to him though for speaking out. He was right, but we knew that. I don''t think though that some fans'' reactions to his speaking out will necessarily stop him saying anything else. Why would it? He has clearly got his own thoughts on the club and why not? Without him we would already be in League One.

Hucks is the best footballer at the club and so what if he''s got a bit of a gob and sometimes a short temper - if you don''t have passion then you shouldn''t be playing the game.

I''m sure Hucks will be a bit happier now that we''ve got a better manager and hopefully if we improve the squad then he''ll start to look his old self again, you could see in the derby game that he had a bit of the hunger back.

Hucks aint gonna win us games on his own. But he''s still our most dangerous player and like him or not we''re a worse team without Huckerby in it. Yes, Hucks hasnt been at his best this season but he''s showed what he can do agaisnt Bristol City and Ipswich. Now, we need to get him back from suspension, keep him fit and get him a good run in the side. Then, i think we''ll see him back to being dangerous. He''s not got that burst of pace, or is as quick as he once was, but that comes with age, we can''t expect that. But he can still be a key player.

Call me a numpty then lgt, Hux is not the type of player we need at the moment, he is our creative player? look at the goals scored columns and we haven''t been missing loads of chances each week have we?

And IMO he''s not a team player or a leader of men.

He''s been good entertainment for a few years but we need a balance hard working side to get us out of this and hux isn''t part of this i''m afraid.

One other point how come with his undoubted talent, Hux has been released by so many managers??

I would be delighted if he was to prove me wrong and produce the type of performance he put in against Cardiff (ironically prior to us signing him) when he did single handedly win us that game.

Anybody know where Lee Cook (ex Watford/QPR) is now? he''s a proper left sided team player with flare

[quote user="jelltex"]

I stand by what I said about Hucks; I used to think the sun sone out of you know where. Not any more, he''s not a team player, and certainly what he has done has done little for team spirit.

Players should do it where it counts, on the pitch. I am sure other players are as concerned as Hucks, but we don''t hear them rocking the boat, they just get on with it.

I have not seen many games recently, but it seems to me that Hucks'' days of whizzing past defenders and getting crosses in seem to be behind him.

[/quote]

Get on with what? Playing crap football?

Give me a boat rocker everytime. We certainly need one.

[quote user="barlodona"]maybe its time to cash in on him b4 its to late[/quote]

Absolutely, must be worth at least £50k now but not much longer.

huckerby is our best player you idiots. why cant you see this. name a better footballer at our club ?.

he may not be at his best at the moment, or he maybe on he wain but he is still our best.

stop whining and slagging off our players, now is not the time.

Afraid the "fog" is clouding your view. Yes Hucks has done well for us but his time has come. We need a complete rebuild with players who have something to prove. Teams who come to Carrow Road know what Hucks is about so plan to deal with him accordingly. We need to change the system and the approach. Agree we do have some poor players but wonder what they could do with a couple of motivators and playmakers in the squad?

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

[quote user="Hartsons Gut"]Yeah time to go Hucks.[/quote]

What a load of twaddle, it is not his fault our squad is full of crap players.

[/quote]

Too right, seems like the massed tactical geniuses on here think that getting rid of our best player will make the team stronger. How would that work??[:O]

The point about the Doc is well made too.

I bet Andy Hughes is laughing his socks off, hounded out of being a bit part player in what looks like the worst side in the Championship to become a regular in the best team in Division One by a country mile. Would he swap?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Not just Hucks that the numptys want out but also Doherty.

http://new.pinkun.com/content/NCFC/Stats/2007-2008/matches.aspx

Draw a line under Scunny at home and then check goals against for the matches either side of the line. Aboive the line we conceded 10 goals in 9 games and below we conceded 16 in 7 games.

[/quote]well nutty - i''ll admit to being a doc doubter/outer, (and given your stats and my size, maybe a humpty numpty) not just now but in seasons gone.  i''d have preferred him gone, and shax as a bench backup before the start of this season in an ideal world.  i have stated though, to his credit, the doc has played better this year - make no mistake.however, imho - i believe taylor looks more the part for me, shame he got injured, becuase as the team form improves, i wager you''ll have seen our defence look more solid in years with him at its heart.on the other hand, your stats suggest since the doc got injured, we''ve conceded more - which at face value would suggest we are missing the doc.  however, i would humbly suggest this is due mainly to the upheaval surrounding the change in manager/caretaker manger.  we''ve had 4-6 weeks of drift, from scunny - and picked up 1 point, having lost the rest of our games.  the team''s confidence is shot to pieces and they are playing like rock bottom relegation  candidates.  imo, this explains our poor run of form rather than the absence of the doc.

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]
well nutty - i''ll admit to being a doc doubter/outer, (and given your stats and my size, maybe a humpty numpty) not just now but in seasons gone.  i''d have preferred him gone, and shax as a bench backup before the start of this season in an ideal world.  i have stated though, to his credit, the doc has played better this year - make no mistake.

however, imho - i believe taylor looks more the part for me, shame he got injured, becuase as the team form improves, i wager you''ll have seen our defence look more solid in years with him at its heart.

on the other hand, your stats suggest since the doc got injured, we''ve conceded more - which at face value would suggest we are missing the doc.  however, i would humbly suggest this is due mainly to the upheaval surrounding the change in manager/caretaker manger. 

we''ve had 4-6 weeks of drift, from scunny - and picked up 1 point, having lost the rest of our games.  the team''s confidence is shot to pieces and they are playing like rock bottom relegation  candidates.  imo, this explains our poor run of form rather than the absence of the doc.

[/quote]

All good points LGT but it''s not the stats that moved me to post it''s what I see with my own eyes that make me look at the stats. Your post hits the nail on the head for me. Taylor looks the part? I agree and if he IS the part then I hope he stays here and improves our defence. But Doc''s problem is he doesn''t look the part. He looks cumbersome and awkward and when he makes a mistake it''s a memorable one for sure!! However I gaurantee he has been our most effective defender since relegation and we miss him now he isn''t here.

We are bottom of the Championship. Huckerby, Chadwick, Doherty, Dublin and Drury are a huge miss when they are out. They are quite possibly our five biggest characters and players.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]well nutty - i''ll admit to being a doc doubter/outer, (and given your stats and my size, maybe a humpty numpty) not just now but in seasons gone.  i''d have preferred him gone, and shax as a bench backup before the start of this season in an ideal world.  i have stated though, to his credit, the doc has played better this year - make no mistake.however, imho - i believe taylor looks more the part for me, shame he got injured, becuase as the team form improves, i wager you''ll have seen our defence look more solid in years with him at its heart.on the other hand, your stats suggest since the doc got injured, we''ve conceded more - which at face value would suggest we are missing the doc.  however, i would humbly suggest this is due mainly to the upheaval surrounding the change in manager/caretaker manger.  we''ve had 4-6 weeks of drift, from scunny - and picked up 1 point, having lost the rest of our games.  the team''s confidence is shot to pieces and they are playing like rock bottom relegation  candidates.  imo, this explains our poor run of form rather than the absence of the doc.

[/quote]

All good points LGT but it''s not the stats that moved me to post it''s what I see with my own eyes that make me look at the stats. Your post hits the nail on the head for me. Taylor looks the part? I agree and if he IS the part then I hope he stays here and improves our defence. But Doc''s problem is he doesn''t look the part. He looks cumbersome and awkward and when he makes a mistake it''s a memorable one for sure!! However I gaurantee he has been our most effective defender since relegation and we miss him now he isn''t here.

We are bottom of the Championship. Huckerby, Chadwick, Doherty, Dublin and Drury are a huge miss when they are out. They are quite possibly our five biggest characters and players.

[/quote]fair comments NN.i feel both the doc and shacks are reactive defenders, and sometimes they react too late - either missing with their tackle, being out-done or allowing an attacker to get first run.  it looks like a lack of concentration or a mistake, when in reality they''ve been outfought/thought and undone by the attacker.  simply, they are not good enough imo.for me - malky, although slow and lumbering at times, had the knack of using his experience to make ''pro-active'' decisions, (sometimes just by blocking/hanging onto an attackers run - not pretty, or even legal, but effective) seeing a run before it had happened, and/or coming onto a defender from their blind side, to get a challenge in before the ball even reached them.  malky helped  get us up, then helped west ham and then watford do the same, just to prove it wasn''t a fluke.  eddy also helped derby up last year.  proven players who haven''t been properly replaced.the best i saw for city at ''pro-active'' defending was steve bruce.  i used to watch him and watson totally and utterly dominate attackers, so that they didn''t have a sniff.  long hopeful balls would be played up, and brucie by a series of methods would always seem to win it.  he was seriously impressive, and went onto great things with man u.hand on heart, i don''t believe the doc and shacks are the men for the job.  taylor could be.

Some people have very short memories. We would already be a League 1 team where it not for Hucks last year. What will help Hux most is us signing an attacking goal scoring midfielder. His 2 best periods at this club have been when he has played up front i.e when he first signed and Jan through March this year. I know what a lot of you will say "Hux tends to drift wide left too much which leaves us only 1 up front" - this is where the attacking midfielder comes in as they fill the hole created by Hux drifting out wide. This role was initially done by Francis and last year Etuhu did the job for us (and we saw his best form too).

Yes, Hux should probably have kept his mouth shut but at least he seems to care.

Other teams clearly see him as our main (only?) threat - notice how at times Ipswich had 4 men chasing him during the Derby game.

Without him we totally lack any creativity at all - something I have been trying to point out since the failure to sign a playmaker in the summer.

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]
fair comments NN.

i feel both the doc and shacks are reactive defenders, and sometimes they react too late - either missing with their tackle, being out-done or allowing an attacker to get first run.  it looks like a lack of concentration or a mistake, when in reality they''ve been outfought/thought and undone by the attacker.  simply, they are not good enough imo.

for me - malky, although slow and lumbering at times, had the knack of using his experience to make ''pro-active'' decisions, (sometimes just by blocking/hanging onto an attackers run - not pretty, or even legal, but effective) seeing a run before it had happened, and/or coming onto a defender from their blind side, to get a challenge in before the ball even reached them.  malky helped  get us up, then helped west ham and then watford do the same, just to prove it wasn''t a fluke.  eddy also helped derby up last year.  proven players who haven''t been properly replaced.

the best i saw for city at ''pro-active'' defending was steve bruce.  i used to watch him and watson totally and utterly dominate attackers, so that they didn''t have a sniff.  long hopeful balls would be played up, and brucie by a series of methods would always seem to win it.  he was seriously impressive, and went onto great things with man u.

hand on heart, i don''t believe the doc and shacks are the men for the job.  taylor could be.

[/quote]

I agree with nearly all this Lucky[Y]

Malky had to make those  pro-active decisions because he seriously did have a lack of pace, but he was good at it. Malky could organise others too and was a massive character back then. For me Malky struggled against quicker more skillfull forwards who would turn him to quick. I saw him struggle like this at Southampton(where he got sent off) and Chelsea in Cup matches before we got promoted and thats why I think Worthy made that fateful decision to allow him to leave.

Steve Bruce was probably the best defender we had play for us in all my time. He made everything look so easy because he was so aware of what was going on around him. He left us for Old Trafford and was the first name on the teamsheet there for so many years afterwards. David Stringer was another good pro-active defender for us.

Of course Doherty isn''t anywhere near the standard of those players and I have never said he was. You are right in calling him reactive and his bravery in blocks and last ditch tackles is testament to this. But all of that doesn''t change my opinion that he is the best defender at the club and has been for over two seasons.

It''s interesting that you should describe the defenders as pro-active and reactive because that was Worthingtons criticism of the board. He said they needed to be more proactive back in the summer of 2006. He pointed out that getting Dean Ashton in the January of our Prem season was reactive, and signing him in the summer would have been proactive. Some things never change.