Sign in to follow this  
sidewinder

Where has Delia gone?

When the Canaries were doing well and winning games, Delia was in the papers and on TV singing their praises dressed up in her yellow and green colours and saying how wonderful everything was. In some instances in just one edition of the EDP there were a number of pictures of her not just the odd one and there was barely a night on local TV when we did not see her. This season and the end of last season there is a great absence of her in the media, is she ashamed to show her face now, she appears to have very little to say either.

You have raised a very good point; at a time like this the club needs desperately needs strong leadership, something that is missing by the bucket load from Smith & Jones. 

Firstly though, the clarion call can’t come from Munby because however smooth he is he really isn’t a supporter in my opinion.  Furthermore, it certainly can not come from Doomcastrer as he is nothing more than a salaried organ grinders monkey, the call must come from the people who own the controlling interest in our club. 

Their silence only goes to underscore the fears many supporters have had for a very long time, namely that they have gained considerable self publicity and that any money they have invested will be repaid with considerable interest as and when they sell.  The only thing which has performed well in the last three years has been balance sheet growth and they will be the beneficiaries of that to the tune of many millions 

The sooner that wretched woman either steps up to the plate and tells all in clear positive terms what they are going to do to bail our club out of its terminal downward spiral or simply sell to whoever will buy their shareholding the better it will be for all of us. 

From here had we have got a strong and active supporters group the most obvious thing would be for shareholders to propose a vote of no confidence in their running of the club as I fear Smith & Jones are doing a damn fine job of hiding behind the sofa during the nasty bit but precious little else.

As usual with all minus Z list celebrities.........................she''s bug*ered off because the publicity is bad, coward of a woman that she is!.[:|]

She''s waiting for a glamorous FA cup draw before re-emerging with her adoring "fans".....

She''s following Smudger round in disguise to see what his next step is.

[quote user="CLUCK"]She''s waiting for a glamorous FA cup draw before re-emerging with her adoring "fans".....[/quote]

Oh but Cluck, we can''t begrudge them a "nice day out" even if we do get hammered 4-0 [;)]

[quote user="Bury Green"]

You have raised a very good point; at a time like this the club needs desperately needs strong leadership, something that is missing by the bucket load from Smith & Jones. 

Firstly though, the clarion call can’t come from Munby because however smooth he is he really isn’t a supporter in my opinion.  Furthermore, it certainly can not come from Doomcastrer as he is nothing more than a salaried organ grinders monkey, the call must come from the people who own the controlling interest in our club. 

Their silence only goes to underscore the fears many supporters have had for a very long time, namely that they have gained considerable self publicity and that any money they have invested will be repaid with considerable interest as and when they sell.  The only thing which has performed well in the last three years has been balance sheet growth and they will be the beneficiaries of that to the tune of many millions 

The sooner that wretched woman either steps up to the plate and tells all in clear positive terms what they are going to do to bail our club out of its terminal downward spiral or simply sell to whoever will buy their shareholding the better it will be for all of us. 

From here had we have got a strong and active supporters group the most obvious thing would be for shareholders to propose a vote of no confidence in their running of the club as I fear Smith & Jones are doing a damn fine job of hiding behind the sofa during the nasty bit but precious little else.

[/quote]Excellent post.The danger for the board is that unless someone from the ivory tower stands up and tries to rally the troops, a vacuum will be created - and they always tend to get filled by someone, so if it''s not the board it will be the anti-board.  I get the feeling this will not blow over, much as Smith Jones and Munby might be hoping it will.I get the distinct impression they thought Roeder would be the solution - note Delia & Jones parading around the pitch shortly after he was appointed.  Now it''s clear he isn''t, it''s all gone quiet again.

She was last seen carefully  patrolling the Norfolk border ready to repel unqualified investors before going home to Suffolk at nights to sleep.

I thought that this was generally well known.

OTBC 

[quote user="CLUCK"]She''s waiting for a glamorous FA cup draw before re-emerging with her adoring "fans".....[/quote]

Genius! The only time we saw her last year was the Chelsea game........

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]

Oh but Cluck, we can''t begrudge them a "nice day out" even if we do get hammered 4-0 [;)]

[/quote]

Don''t forget that we nearly won it alex....but for the four goals that is...oh and for the fact that they barely got out of first gear.....        [:)]

How low have we sunk eh?

[quote user="Bury Green"]

[/quote]

That is a very good point.  We need strong leadership, problem is who is the leader?  I have to admit I get slightly confused as to who is in charge day to day. 

The reason I say this is that when the "ultimatum" was given to Worthington it came from Smith & Jones and when we recruited Grant we again saw Smith & Jones at the front.  This time round it''s been Munby doing all the talking, telling us about Grant leaving and then presenting Roeder.  It''s just so strange because before all this the man has been largely anonimous and I sometimes forgot he was the chairman. I said at the time that the board hid their failings under Worthingtons carpet, which is why they kept him so long.  He shielded them from the type of questions being asked of them now until they could just not keep him any longer.  Now it seems that in times of woe and when things are not quite as glamorous Munby has been pushed to front to be the public face of the board after so long in the shadows.  Why is that?  Is he the next scapegoat for when relegation happens?  Or is he just finally doing the job he should have been doing for the last 5 years?

From the top down the club is giving off the impression of being a complete shambles.  Where is Delia?  What exactly are the Turners doing?  Why is Munby now so vocal?  What does Doncaster do other than send emails to fans all day? 

Posted a similar post a while ago and feel that she is keeping her head down as we are no longer brave little full of heart Norwich battling against all odds with 20.000 plus loyal supporters singing our way to winning the championship and promotion.giving her and Worthington god like status in the tour around the city.Now the glamour and media attention  has gone so her head is tucked well back into its shell.We see no press calls or statements from her !Do you all remember her standing at the games responding to chants of ''Delia Delia give us a wave'' ! she loved it and now that has all gone and we are in the s**t her profile is not so high she seems to have lost her passion as the publicity machine does not serve her as well as it used to.She is losing more and more respect and support as each day goes by  not coming out and publicly pledging her commitment to our club.She has done great things for the club in the past but if she really has lost interest sell up or commit.

[quote user="Dowp End"].
She has done great things for the club in the past but if she really has lost interest sell up or commit.
[/quote]

I don''t think she has lost interest I just think she is lost in general and doesn''t know what to do.

Delia is currently appearing in a Vatican TV production of a popularist phone in show hosed by  Brother Antony  and Father Declan.

It is based in a decadent nightclub where the celebrities have to participate in a variety of activities and is titled:

''I''m a Celebate Get Me Out of Here.''

She may not be back for weeks if you would just care to vote for her.