Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Get out Glen........

Before our damn board can use YOU as their next scapegoat!.

They will NOT back you with hard cash, oh yes, they spin and talk a good game, but when the chips are down they run a country mile.

I believe you to be a good and honest man, and none of this bloody mess is of your making, and very few of the fans would blame you for walking.

Get out now Glen, before the board drag you down to their low level![:@]

If Glen doesn''t get the support he expects from a board he will go in the January window.

No manager would stay risking their rep for a club who''s board are quite happy to condemm them to the 1st div.

I believe Glen to be a good manager, but I think he has been sold a lame horse and when he realises that we will lose him and all his contacts...

Roeder was out of work...and so it was a simple case of  "any port in a storm" the same as the rest of us.  His personal financial commitments are sorted now for the next 2.5 years and good luck to him for that I say.

I fear that as Wiz says...he will be the man in charge when the club drops down a league...which will be unfair on him. If I were Roeder I would take the money and stay the course...because just about everybody in football knows he has a hopeless task ahead of him...and will not think any the less of him should he fail......

He won''t be the scapegoat for me...although I''m certain he isn''t the man for the job. He will go down as the final victim of this Board when the plop finally hits the fan next May...along the 20 odd thousand season ticket holders who bought the dream........

Well done Smith....you saved us quite nicely thank you.......

i do get the feeling he will go the same way as Martin O''Niell.

I hope he doesn''t because i don''t believe Munbies hype about the depth of quality lined up to take the poisoned chalice,and we need someone who can restructure the club from top to bottom.Wether or not he is given the mandate to do such a thing,is up for conjecture,but i can''t see any one else wanting the task.

[quote user="Jonnyboy"]

If Glen doesn''t get the support he expects from a board he will go in the January window.

No manager would stay risking their rep for a club who''s board are quite happy to condemm them to the 1st div.

I believe Glen to be a good manager, but I think he has been sold a lame horse and when he realises that we will lose him and all his contacts...

[/quote]

Now "jonnyboy" you lovely old boy, are you saying that Glen has had his leg lifted by the board ?[;)] arrdee.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]I''m not so sure Mark, he strikes me as a man of strong principle.[/quote]

Now you lovely old Wiz .I feel I must soon make a follow up call  to see if you have dropped this madcap idea of inturment in the "Holy Lands". Since you stated "The undertaker is my hero"  Trade has never been so brisk in fact they seem to be queuing up to depart .

Anyhow exciting times Wiz . I had never thought of myself as a hero before but yes I can see perhaps you are right . However i shall be coming back to talk over our latest offers in order to tempt  you to sign up with us for your funeral. Keep well my friend , well up until you sign up with us that is .[;)] arrdee.

Arrdee,

I''m approaching 50 and feel okay at the moment but I do have to follow NCFC so expect to age prematurely and I also believe you can never plan too soon.

Can you give posters like me a brief idea of your funeral plan scheme? I''d like to think my premiums would be fairly low although some, like 1st Wiz would probably expect to pay more and are probably due for a first fitting.

It''s this Holy Land stuff that really worries me.

A long time ago a man was buried there, and three days later he rose from the dead.

Can we take that chance? [;)]

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

They will NOT back you with hard cash, oh yes, they spin and talk a good game, but when the chips are down they run a country mile.

I believe you to be a good and honest man, and none of this bloody mess is of your making, and very few of the fans would blame you for walking.

[/quote]I don''t see the point of this post at all, Wiz.  You claim to be behind the team again, but now want the manager to leave.If Roeder is as shrewd as people seem to think, do you really think he wouldn''t have covered the point about funds and money available in one of his two interviews?He will have been given assurances and guarantees on this matter.  If they prove to be hot air and he walks, there will be nothing to protect the board.And Peter Grant wasn''t a scapegoat, he was an incompetent.  I''m glad he had no money to spend, as I cannot believe he would have spent it wisely.  Or, rather, I''m not sure a player from Dundee costing 500k is ten times better than what he did get.

In summary - like, I think, 90% of the message board, I am supporting the team while condeming this pathetic board of directors.  The way to do that, though, is surely not to call for the manager to leave - this would be deeply unhelpful to all concerned.The time to judge Roeder is May 2008.  The time to judge the board has already been and gone, and they are clowns to a man and woman.

[quote user="fuzzyfelt"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

I don''t see the point of this post at all, Wiz.  You claim to be behind the team again, but now want the manager to leave.

If Roeder is as shrewd as people seem to think, do you really think he wouldn''t have covered the point about funds and money available in one of his two interviews?

He will have been given assurances and guarantees on this matter.  If they prove to be hot air and he walks, there will be nothing to protect the board.

And Peter Grant wasn''t a scapegoat, he was an incompetent.  I''m glad he had no money to spend, as I cannot believe he would have spent it wisely.  Or, rather, I''m not sure a player from Dundee costing 500k is ten times better than what he did get.

In summary - like, I think, 90% of the message board, I am supporting the team while condeming this pathetic board of directors.  The way to do that, though, is surely not to call for the manager to leave - this would be deeply unhelpful to all concerned.

The time to judge Roeder is May 2008.  The time to judge the board has already been and gone, and they are clowns to a man and woman.
[/quote]

Read the post properly.

Wiz simply states that once again, Roeder will be used as a scapegoat by the board for poor results, when we all know the reasoning for it.

Actually, I withdraw my remark about the board being clowns.Clowns can be fun to watch, have some charisma, and bring pleasure to some people some of the time.Sorry, clowns.Incompetent arrogant head-in-the-sand self-serving second-rate businessmen playing at being football fans.  That''s what I meant to say.

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]

Read the post properly.

Wiz simply states that once again, Roeder will be used as a scapegoat by the board for poor results, when we all know the reasoning for it.

[/quote]I read the post properly, Alex.I don''t think what Wiz suggests is likely.I don''t think Wiz, who claims to be back behind the team (of which the manager is surely a key part) should then be suggesting the manager should walk away.Did I miss something?

[quote user="fuzzyfelt"]

I don''t see the point of this post at all, Wiz.  You claim to be behind the team again, but now want the manager to leave.

[/quote]

Oh do behave fuzzyfelt! and re-read my thread again. I clearly said I wanted Glen to go because if he doesn''t, and we go down, the board will only blame him and not themselves, these are the real villians here.

You are the 1% who didn''t get my drift.

I still back Glen 100%, alas, I don''t believe the board will!.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

[quote user="fuzzyfelt"]I don''t see the point of this post at all, Wiz.  You claim to be behind the team again, but now want the manager to leave.[/quote]

Oh do behave fuzzyfelt! and re-read my thread again. I clearly said I wanted Glen to go because if he doesn''t, and we go down, the board will only blame him and not themselves, these are the real villians here.

You are the 1% who didn''t get my drift.

I still back Glen 100%, alas, I don''t believe the board will!.

[/quote]Wiz, think it through.Roeder walks away and the board get the perfect scapegoat if we go down... they can blame managerial instability, uncertainty, having to change manager again, all the old guff to deflect attention from them.We should be hoping Roeder stays, as this way the heat stays where it needs to stay if anything will be done, and that''s with the board.Hopefully that''s clearer.  I don''t mind being in the 1%, particularly when I''m right.  (I would ordinarily insert a smiley face after a statement like that, but this laptop is older than Bryan Gunn so you''ll have to take that bit of tongue in cheek without smiley, I''m afraid.)

[quote user="CLUCK"]

Roeder was out of work...and so it was a simple case of  "any port in a storm" the same as the rest of us.  His personal financial commitments are sorted now for the next 2.5 years and good luck to him for that I say.

I fear that as Wiz says...he will be the man in charge when the club drops down a league...which will be unfair on him. If I were Roeder I would take the money and stay the course...because just about everybody in football knows he has a hopeless task ahead of him...and will not think any the less of him should he fail......

He won''t be the scapegoat for me...although I''m certain he isn''t the man for the job. He will go down as the final victim of this Board when the plop finally hits the fan next May...along the 20 odd thousand season ticket holders who bought the dream........

Well done Smith....you saved us quite nicely thank you.......

[/quote]

Cluck, I think you will find that Rorder was working at Arsenal, behind the scenes, he apparently, was going to  be given  a job upstairs there just before he joined NCFC. 

And as other posters have already stated I believe that  Roeder will  not hang around that  long IF he does not get the backing of the Board. 

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]

Arrdee,

I''m approaching 50 and feel okay at the moment but I do have to follow NCFC so expect to age prematurely and I also believe you can never plan too soon.

Can you give posters like me a brief idea of your funeral plan scheme? I''d like to think my premiums would be fairly low although some, like 1st Wiz would probably expect to pay more and are probably due for a first fitting.

[/quote]

Now "Rude old " When I have an awkward one on my hands like Wiz who has no idea where he wants his burial to be sometimes its the holy lands , the next minute he is calling me his "Hero" So i expect to be doing the business here .So how can I price the job? with someone who changes his mind every 5 mins ?

I do feel i owe him a discount ,as i have said before since he stated "The undertaker is my hero" the trade has never been so brisk , the live ones have never been so pleased to depart .

I feel i am free to offer all you posters this new scheme that i have implemented ,"easy terms" a sort of pay now die later kind of thing . Which is i feel far more dignified than me standing at the graveside with my hand out saying "Wheres my kite"

Now Wiz I think you know we now do the Suffolk run (thanks to red diesel after all who is going to dip a hearse) In fact i do enjoy putting our suffolk brethren away , When a little old widow comes up to me and says in a quiet voice , "Thank you Mr arrdee , you would have loved my Tom ,he was a life long xxxxxxx town supporter and season ticket holder you know" I howl with delight ,"You are such a kind man ,shedding tears over someone you didn''t even know , the look of anguish. on you face is so touching .

Then there is the sad days when i have to put away a good old Norfolk boy and if he is a life long City supporter and i have known him i have been know to say a few words for him .I always start in 1955 when I saw my first match ,often slipping into my famous John Bond impersonation , my record for talking is 1hr 10mins before being almost manhandled out of the pulpit by the Vicar and the head Choirboy , a surly looking sod all tattoos including a big spiders web on his neck , the Choirboy didn''t look much better either, I thought it better that i gave ground , I didn''t mind but i had only got to 1989 ,with all the Euro cup matches to come I felt i had another 50 mins in me at least .

Arrdee, let me give you the heads up here, I understand old Dave Wiz has Viagara TM on prescription (he once forgot to take water with it and had such a stiff neck he had to watch City from the River End instead of the South Stand).

Wiz is still a virile man who likes to prove it and there may be a possibility that when he goes you could not only end up carting out a body bag which looks like a  bell tent  (in front of neighbours and grieving widow) but will also have all your skills tested in trying to find subtle ways of keeping that lid down.

I knew a local undertaker once who had the same problem and solved it by using rough pine, drilled a hole then cut and planed the problem down to look like a knot.

You may like to consider the likely extra labour cost when pricing him up.

Regards

Rudolph (feeling okay at the moment).

In an attempt to get this thread back on track, I still think that when reality hits Glen in the January sales, he''ll walk like O''Neil, and many including I, will applaud him for it.

I don''t know if you got an Owl from Wiz as I did Arrdee but I have upset him and now have to apologise.

As a punishment I will banish myself for a while to Azkaban from where it is not possible to post.