Sign in to follow this  
Boba Fett

January Clearout? Whos good enough?

It is painfully obvious that we have a combination of two things currentely

A) Players who are just not good enough

B) Players who are good enough but are de-motivated and frustrated at the lack of talent in the team.

It really isnt looking good for us at the moment and looking at the fixtures i struggle to see that elusive morale boosting win over the next month or so.

So come January i really think we need to make wholesale changes to the playing staff. 

So Catagory A Players IMO are -

Lappin

Shackell

Donk

Murray

Brellier

Eagles

Jarvis

Brown

Dave

I was tempted to add Rusty and Curo in that list but i think they have more t offer and are Norwich through and through and with a bit of confidence can be good for us.  Croft and Fozzy i am giving a stay of execution on cos i just dont know, and the kids just arnt ready to play in a team playing so poorly

The heart of the team should be

Marshall

Drury

Dublin

Semi

Taylor

Chadders

Hucks

There are plenty of players in the premier reserves, the championship and the lower leagues who would do a better job than Cat A Players, and lets remember we are looking at survival and consolidation at the moment not players who can play in Premier. 

So then who thinsk im wrong!!!

why do you want to get rid of lappin, shacks, brellier and strihavka. i gues you mean eagle when you say eagles. agree with rest though but dont think that tiny will stay here long enough to be in the heart of the team.

Oh one point i forgot to mention and goes a little against my adopted ''Youthpolicy'' is recall Bally Smart!!  I have seen him twice on Sky for MK Dons and both times he has looked really good and seems to have gained a lot of confidence on loan . MK Dons fans liken him to Arron Lennon!

Fully agree with your list of players who are not good enough, however I would also add the following to the list:

Ryan Jarvis

Fotheringham

Gallagher

Croft

The biggest problem is that barely any of them could command a transfer fee (which say''s it all), and unless their contracts are due to expire soon, we would have to pay them all off. We paid nearly a million pounds for croft -  a winger with no pace, no skills and poor ability to cross the ball!! I bet we could not recoup that money now!!!

I''ll have to different categories

Sell

Gallagher, Lappin, Croft, Brown or Strihavka, Halliday, Ryan J, Eagle

Keep - decent

Marshall, Shackall, Drury, Huckerby, Chadwick, Dublin, Cureton, Martin, Russel, Lewis, Spillane

Dury Out - Probably squad players, Some could leave with new signings

Doherty, Otsemobor, Brellier, fotheringham, one of Brown/strihavka, Gilks, Smart, Murray

Need Loan to prove themselves

Rossi J, Cave Brown

Sign

Smith for longer and play in centre mid, Taylor permanently

[quote user="Canary Ben"]

I think your wrong and an iddiot.

Lapin should go? Best and one of the most conssitent players this season!

[/quote]

Your having a laugh. He''s utter, utter dross.

[quote user="Nigel Worthless"]

The biggest problem is that barely any of them could command a transfer fee (which say''s it all), and unless their contracts are due to expire soon, we would have to pay them all off. We paid nearly a million pounds for croft -  a winger with no pace, no skills and poor ability to cross the ball!! I bet we could not recoup that money now!!!

[/quote]

The following are out of contract in the summer of 2008:

Gallacher

Murray

Doherty

Halliday

Huckerby

Eagle

Dublin

Ryan Jarvis

Croft''s transfer fee was £500k or £600k (can''t remember which) as stated at an AGM.

[quote]

The following are out of contract in the summer of 2008:

Gallacher

Murray

Doherty

Halliday

Huckerby

Eagle

Dublin

Ryan Jarvis

Croft''s transfer fee was £500k or £600k (can''t remember which) as stated at an AGM.

[/quote]Good call, from those... we have to resign to the fact that Hucks and Dublin are gonners. I''m happy to see Eagle, Halliday, Jarvi, and Gallacher leaveBUT - we need Doherty and Murray right now regardless, even if i do think they are both wasters, so would attempt a 12 month extension unless we draft in someone else before the summer ends.

Agree with most of those except the below.

Shackell- has potential but just needs the right coaching to bring out the best in him.

Eagle- Has he had a run of games? No, send him on loan and see what he can do.

Dave- How can you want rid of him? He has not had a run of games and is adjusting to a differnet style of football in the Championship, not to mention moving country!

Jarvis- Both Ryan and Rossi would benefit from working with GR, lets see what he can do with them before we right them off. Ryan does have potential, anyone remember his goal against Liverpool in the Prem League? It was in the goal of the month competition for that month. As with a lot of the fringe players they need games, reserve games are not enough to keep you sharp and match fit! Granted his current loan  spell is not going that well, but last season he scored a few at Leyton Orient.

What have people got against Croft? He is no worse than Chadwick or Rusty.

keepMarshall No1 keeperDublin leader, retiring though....Hucks...lazy, overpaid, magiccroft., fat, short, good touch, a work horsestrihavka, dont care what you say i think he will be brilliant.chadwick, creative and fluentfotheringham, battler, passer, ochlappin, excellent crosser, tackler and runnerrussell, im sure he can prove himself.taylor, tiny, everything we need at the minute.semi, a wing-back? electric pace, super touch and a roberto carlos shot.cureton, intelligent, tiny, good touch, loyal and passionate.spillane, future captain, hothead but competant.martin, raw at the minute, but glenn will be brilliant working with him.GET RIDDonkerty, all the ability but too clumsymurray, just cant fit in, looked ok, but very basic player.shackell, clumsy, under-developeddrury, deirdre is too scared to tackle properly, so many goals leaked through him.Brown, liked him, but he just doesnt have the touch.eagle, slow, looks like a girl, weakhalliday, just under-skilledrosie jarvis, girl, needs hormone pills.

UNDECIDEDGilkscave-browncroftbrelliersmithand other youngsters (they need games)

[quote user="Canary Ben"]

I think your wrong and an iddiot.

Lapin should go? Best and one of the most conssitent players this season!

[/quote]I have seen better players in the north east norfolk league than simon lappin...................FACT

Lobster Catcher said:

I have seen better players in the north east norfolk league than simon lappin...................FACT

Like Myself, and i''m left footed. And i scored a hat-trick on Saturday!

[quote user="HUDDY "]

Lobster Catcher said:

I have seen better players in the north east norfolk league than simon lappin...................FACT

[/quote]

Quick Glenn, sign him up [:P]

[quote user="lobster catcher"][quote user="Canary Ben002"]Then u obviously dont undertand what a ''fact'' is then do ya[/quote]sorry simon did i wright fact wrong[/quote]

No but you did write wright wrong

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="HUDDY "]

Lobster Catcher said:

[/quote]

Quick Glenn, sign him up [:P]

[/quote]

I''m not overweight and i''ll play for nothing!!!!

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]

[quote user="lobster catcher"][quote user="Canary Ben002"]Then u obviously dont undertand what a ''fact'' is then do ya[/quote]sorry simon did i wright fact wrong[/quote]

[/quote]no he didnt, he spelt wright correctly W-R-I-G-H-T.thats exactly how id spell wright.now if he meant to write "write", then indeed he spelt it incorrectly.[:)]

[quote user="seahawk"]Buy Football Manager and try it for yourselves![/quote]

i am norwich on fm 08 n to be fair only players i have still left are marshall, drury, lappin, shackell, hucks, breiller, cureton

and i only play drury shacks hucks breiller lol

anyways couple points

1. obv keep dublin - but is he going to play next year? if not yes keep him but you need to pick up replacement now and use him as back up

2. the listed players of players "not good enough" how much do  you reckon you''ll actually pick up for them? i dont thinky you will get to much

Its not about how much we get for them its about how much wages they are on compared to if they can do a job.  Why pay someone who cant do thier job and some quite obviously cant. I am sure there are many players who would still give thier right arm to play for us (granted not premier players).  If gettin shot of 4 of those players measn we can afford someone like Tiny Taylor then im all for it.....

I see Glen is looking to do exactly this clearout senario in January and the summer.  And about time to.  The Team that Grant build is a shambles....

Matt Jackson on an 18 month contract anyone??  Cheaper than donk

[quote user="Boba Fett"]

Its not about how much we get for them its about how much wages they are on compared to if they can do a job.  Why pay someone who cant do thier job and some quite obviously cant. I am sure there are many players who would still give thier right arm to play for us (granted not premier players).  If gettin shot of 4 of those players measn we can afford someone like Tiny Taylor then im all for it.....

I see Glen is looking to do exactly this clearout senario in January and the summer.  And about time to.  The Team that Grant build is a shambles....

Matt Jackson on an 18 month contract anyone??  Cheaper than donk

[/quote]

also very true my wolves had waste of money grabbers who were lazy, and 2summers ago we stripped all the squad to around 7pro''s, and instead having likes cameron, kennedy, cort we signed young enthuastic players such as keogh, henry etc.. who wanted to play for the club.

obv you cant do wholesale changes whilst in the season as games come thick and fast, and if it doesnt gel straight away then you will go down!

when my team did it we had to settle for likes potter, clapham, craig davies and jemal johnson, who wernt up to it but gave 100% it took us 5months to get it right

that would be too long for you guys, but admit you need to ring the changes quickly if you can

[quote user="fattyowls"][quote user="Hairy Canary"]

[/quote]

no he didnt, he spelt wright correctly W-R-I-G-H-T.

thats exactly how id spell wright.

now if he meant to write "write", then indeed he spelt it incorrectly.

[:)]

[/quote]

Blimey Fattyowls, my head hurts.

Are you saying he wrote write right but spelt write wrong?   Wink [;)]

keep

marshall, dublin, shackell, taylor, drury, chadwick, russell, spillane, huckerby, cureton, brown

get rid of everyone else!!!!!!!!!!