Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Where's the Lord Mayor?

Now lads & lassies, once upon a time we had a Lord Mayor of Norwich, the late Sir Arthur South, and.........

If I was Lord Mayor, I would summon our joint ''owners'' to account for their stewardship of our club -the pride  of the people of Norwich and Norfolk - and tell them to sell up sharpish and get off the board as they are unworthy custodians.

But they don''t get it and he won''t have the balls.

OTBC

dont know if its the job for the lord Mayor Bly but the Evening news always say its "ighting for Norwich" and i think its time the paper ran a front page article with the Boards poor decision making, coupled with facts and fiigures that have led to our decline and the state of the team.. and should then ask the board to either make themselves accountable or to come out and explain to the fans and the peopel of Norfolk why they have allowed the Football club to detoriate to this point....

Get Cuffley on it Archant! he''s a good reporter and could set up an article about the decline of the club so the baord sit up and take note!

jas :)

I suppose that the current one is purely ceremonial, since he has been so quiet?

Get moving man. You have influence, if you care.

But, can you analyse correctly - is that your problem?

[:-*]

OTBC 

Now lads & lassies, once upon a time we had a Lord Mayor of Norwich, the late Sir Arthur South, and.........

If I was Lord Mayor, I would summon our joint ''owners'' to account for their stewardship of our club -the pride  of the people of Norwich and Norfolk - and tell them to sell up sharpish and get off the board as they are unworthy custodians.

OTBC

This makes no sense whatsoever.

This has got nothing at all to do with our Lord Mayor. Even if it was you (dreaming again).

[quote user="Steve Burns"]

OTBC

This makes no sense whatsoever.

This has got nothing at all to do with our Lord Mayor. Even if it was you (dreaming again).

[/quote]

Roy unmasked?

In bold too!

My lucky day.

Now, let''s go again. Once upon a time..........

OTBC

At the time of the Chase Out campaign we found a willing, determined and bloody-minded leader in Roy Blower.  It has been alleged that he was motivated by a personal "difference of opinion" with Mr Chase which had nothing to do with football, and was looking to settle a score.  On that basis, unless he falls out with Delia I can''t see him stepping forward now.

Ok then...

SACK THE MAYOR!!! WE WANT BLOWER OUT [:@]

Then we can get another Mayor who will maybe take a stand against that wicked wicked cook and her cohorts. And what about those MP''s? Couldn''t they make another stand against this rotten to the core board of ours? Come on Gibbo.. where are you....WHERE ARE YOU... LETS BE ''AVIN YOU [8o|]

Chase out, Holt out, Worthy out, Etuhu out, Safri out, Doherty out, Grant out, and now Smith out and Blower out! Is there a plan, has there been improvement.....

YOU DECIDE.

Of course the representatives of the people - whether ceremonial or elected - must speak up and facilitate.

Unless you believe that our club has degenerated into a mere business.

But I thought we were more than that. And still do strangely enough.

If that Burns you, then tough t*tty.

And if you think that the current strategy is the only way, then you must be bananas.

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

And if you think that the current strategy is the only way, then you must be bananas.

OTBC

[/quote]

I have been complaining about the current strategy as long as you have Bly, and longer than most. I see the good in additional revenue streams but not at the expense of the core of the business which is the football team. A balance needs to be found. Bottom of the second division is not acceptable so its obvious mistakes have been made. So why not post about flawed strategy''s and policies instead of personalities.

I saw what happened to Worthington when we went down that route.. I wasn''t comfortable with it.. were you?

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OTBC

[/quote]

I have been complaining about the current strategy as long as you have Bly, and longer than most. I see the good in additional revenue streams but not at the expense of the core of the business which is the football team. A balance needs to be found. Bottom of the second division is not acceptable so its obvious mistakes have been made. So why not post about flawed strategy''s and policies instead of personalities.

I saw what happened to Worthington when we went down that route.. I wasn''t comfortable with it.. were you?

[/quote]

Nutty.

Doctors differ, patients die. A sad fact.

Why? Different diagnoses of the same disease means some survive and some don''t.

My diagnosis of what ails City differs from yours. I happen to think that the malaise starts with Delia Smith & hubby (and by extension thier board) for a variety of reasons. Hence, given this, I campaign in a limited way for the resignation of the NCFC board and a rapid transition to new ownership.

If the board and Delia Smith remain intransigent, insulting and plain dumb then the campaign will escalate. The buck stops at the top - and you know what they say if you can''t stand the heat............if you don''t, remember what you did to Chase.

My approach has nothing to do with personalities and I have no personal feelings towards Delia Smith one way or the other quite frankly. I''m sure that if one drops in to visit one will be served a perfectly acceptable cup of tea and small talk.

You see smallness, smallness in all its guises, is cental to our decline.

You know that I did not campaign actively against Worthington, although it was my opinion in tandem with my wife that he should have been shown the door at the end of our recent prem flirtation. My wife has a good instinct for those kinds of things; she saw very,very early that he had lost it. Now if she had money - but that''s a different story.[:)]

In the past, I have offered at least two creative solutions to the current dilemma on this site.

(1)Delia and posterity. A possibility?

http://new.pinkun.com/cs/forums/1034777/ShowPost.aspx

(2) An earlier post on the Barcelona membership model

Flawed strategies and policies are created by people (i.e. personalities) and however wishy washy and protective you wish to be about our catasrophe it comes down to people. Grant and Worthington have taken  the responsibility for the recent performances of the football department. Who is responsible for the club??? It''s well past time for our majority shareholders to admit that they have cocked it up spectacularly, and make way for..........?

I will back my diagnosis and strategy - although I know that they offend the sensibilities of some.

And the more intransigent the main problem becomes, then the more aggressive the campaign will have to become.

The British people in their wisdom booted Winston Churchill after WW2, and in time Norfolk people will boot Delia Smith. I''m afraid she and her strategies and policies are well past their sell-by-date.

OTBC

In bold too!

Sorry to disappoint you Bly, but I do use the bold very sparingly. Arial is a lovely typeface which doesn''t need to be made ''bolder''.

[quote user="Fat Prophet"]

At the time of the Chase Out campaign we found a willing, determined and bloody-minded leader in Roy Blower.  It has been alleged that he was motivated by a personal "difference of opinion" with Mr Chase which had nothing to do with football, and was looking to settle a score.  On that basis, unless he falls out with Delia I can''t see him stepping forward now.

[/quote]

Think back if you will to the hugely unpopular decison by Mr Chase to rebuild the Barclay and turn it all seater before the legislation kicked in , there were numerous loud protests by the people affected and Mr Chase deigned to see the " leaders "in his office to explain himself . I know several of teh people in this meeting and the representatives of the club were Mr Chase and Mr Roy Blower - who , when asked who he was and why he was there - said he was a fans representative reporting to MR Chase - Bit rich now if he currys favour on teh back of his support given that he was in bed with Chase at that time

Bly - Im not going to dig up old posts but I remember quite clearly that you failed to recognise Nigel Worthingtons achievements at our club. Now if you consider the background of those achievements, especially considering your opinion of the malaise at the club from the top, Nigel Worthingtons achievements would be nothing short of remarkable and it begs the question - how much could he have achieved under one of the great benchmarking boards of yesteryear?

I did nothing to Robert Chase. I took part in no protests against Robert Chase. Like with Worthington it wasn''t really the protests that did for him anyway. My view at the time was that the good had done outweighed the bad anyway. It was results that did for him. Our fall from those heady Munich days to struggling in the second division in such a short space of time. It was a bigger fall from grace than our current one under this administration. And if Roeder doesn''t turn this around then the results will do for the current board too. Just like in the end the results did for Worthy. Despite all the claims to the contrary this is a football club and success is ultimately measured by results on the football pitch.

Much of the stuff thrown at Chase during the protests was disgraceful. Even worse was some of the stuff said in a very personal and spiteful campaign against Worthington. The same thing is happening as people become personal against Delia Smith. I fully expect some childish name calling for saying this but I am very uncomfortable with it all.

Like I said Chase out - Smith in, Holt out - Hughes in, Worthy out - Grant in, Etuhu out - Russell in. Were they changes for the better? Now to get a full set we just need Smith out - ? in and Doherty out - ? in. Then you will presumably be happy but will we be better off?? The recent evidence doesn''t suggest we will.

Instead of whining on this message board, why don''t you simply write to Roy Blower and ask him for his personal opinion on the current situation at the club?

You can find his council email address easily enough on the City Council website or via Google.

[quote user="Pyro Pete"]

Instead of whining on this message board, why don''t you simply write to Roy Blower and ask him for his personal opinion on the current situation at the club?

You can find his council email address easily enough on the City Council website or via Google.

[/quote]

Then could you please post his reply on here for us to see.. that''s ok isn''t it.. it''s only the football club stopping personal emails being posted on here... isnt it... [*-)]

[quote user="Pyro Pete"]

You can find his council email address easily enough on the City Council website or via Google.[/quote]

Or on the NCISA website as he''s still a committee member.

[quote user="Web Team - Pat"]It''s not the football club stopping e-mails being posted here - it''s us at Archant. So, same rules apply.[/quote]

Thanks Pat

You are a real star [*] I been trying to establish this since yesterday.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I did nothing to Robert Chase. I took part in no protests against Robert Chase. Like with Worthington it wasn''t really the protests that did for him anyway. My view at the time was that the good had done outweighed the bad anyway. It was results that did for him. Our fall from those heady Munich days to struggling in the second division in such a short space of time. It was a bigger fall from grace than our current one under this administration. And if Roeder doesn''t turn this around then the results will do for the current board too. Just like in the end the results did for Worthy. Despite all the claims to the contrary this is a football club and success is ultimately measured by results on the football pitch.

Much of the stuff thrown at Chase during the protests was disgraceful. Even worse was some of the stuff said in a very personal and spiteful campaign against Worthington. The same thing is happening as people become personal against Delia Smith. I fully expect some childish name calling for saying this but I am very uncomfortable with it all.

Like I said Chase out - Smith in, Holt out - Hughes in, Worthy out - Grant in, Etuhu out - Russell in. Were they changes for the better? Now to get a full set we just need Smith out - ? in and Doherty out - ? in. Then you will presumably be happy but will we be better off?? The recent evidence doesn''t suggest we will.

[/quote]

I thought Chase almost bankrupted the club.  And although his investment in land in the long run has proved fruitful - to a financial end, in the end it was at the detriment of the team, looking at the cash cow of the premiership we missed out on tells its own story.  As usual the loss of many key players and manager in a short space of time did for us, with Walker, Sutton, Fox, Ekoku and Robins  poorly or not replaced.  Financial wastage by Chase was exemplified by work done at carrow road, ridiculous refurbishments and the like taking precidence over the team.

The refit of Yellows recently seems to mirror this situation - what a waste of money...

As for Worthy Out Grant In, no matter how many times you say it Rick, Worthy was taking this club down.  It is not the fans fault the Board hired possibly the worst manager in the clubs recent history to take charge.  I can''t think of many managers who could have done a worse job, not even Hamilton.  Perhaps Jim Duffy.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Bly - Im not going to dig up old posts but I remember quite clearly that you failed to recognise Nigel Worthingtons achievements at our club. Now if you consider the background of those achievements, especially considering your opinion of the malaise at the club from the top, Nigel Worthingtons achievements would be nothing short of remarkable and it begs the question - how much could he have achieved under one of the great benchmarking boards of yesteryear?

[/quote]

Nutty. It''s quite remarkable how you pick at posts rather than tackle the main themes.

Still, at least you can keep up you end of the conversation to some extent.[;)]

OTBC

[quote user="Pyro Pete"]

[/quote]

The Lord Mayor of Norwich is supposed to take the high ground on behalf of the good people of Norwich and Norfolk. That''s what the late Sir Arthur South did, a big man - he understood his role.

Mr Blower seems not to understand the larger picture and his role therein. And I know he reads this message board - so no need to write.

If you in your absence of wisdom think that it''s all about my whining, his personal opinion, and the council, and.......then feel free Pyro.

Blower needs to rise to the occassion - but I doubt that he will. Simple.

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Evidently hiding.

And ducking.

No balls these days, Mayor?

Or overfed? Makes one sleepy.

OTBC

I know Roy well and I can assure you he doesnt read this message board. Roy and computers do not mix. He has yet to master the art of moving the cursor down the screen. If you really want to ak him something I would suggest snail mail or the telephone. He always responds to people and I have never known him to duck a confrontation in his life. If he doesnt get back to you straight away I would suggest that it may be something to do with the 700 plus engagements he has to attend during his term of office so please be patient.

[/quote]

[quote user="Kathy"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Evidently hiding.

And ducking.

No balls these days, Mayor?

Or overfed? Makes one sleepy.

OTBC

I know Roy well and I can assure you he doesnt read this message board. Roy and computers do not mix. He has yet to master the art of moving the cursor down the screen. If you really want to ak him something I would suggest snail mail or the telephone. He always responds to people and I have never known him to duck a confrontation in his life. If he doesnt get back to you straight away I would suggest that it may be something to do with the 700 plus engagements he has to attend during his term of office so please be patient.

[/quote][/quote]

How ironic! Looks like I havent mastered the art of replying either. The last paragraph is my reply.