Sign in to follow this  
Arthur Whittle

THAT LETTER { SLUG COMMENT } APOLOGY

My letter and comments in the evening news letters page on Monday were out of order. I shouldnt have said "he has the charisma of a dead slug [ i should not have said slug i should have said toad- :} JOKE!] Although i still feel stitched up by the letters team for holding onto my letter for 6 days before printing when normally its 1 or 2, and it was also heavily edited, im old enough to take it on the chin, accept responsiblility and apologise when im wrong so have sent in an apology which hopefully this time they will print IN FULL! I do however disagree with slightly with the comments made by the couple tonight as im not going to judge Glen Roeder on what happened against the scum because if you cant raise your standards for a local derby you shouldnt be playing. Also they pointed out that most managers get sacked but my problem is he was sacked by 3 then jumped before getting sacked by Newcasatle so thats 4 out of 4. But hey we all follow the club we love in different eyes and thoughts and im sorry to all. Below is a copy of the email just in case they do not print or edit it-again!

Regards

A Whiitle

Regarding the good Reverands letter on 7th of november and another on the 8th regarding my original letter about the Glenn Roeders appointment i feel i must apologise.

I have nothing personal against Glenn and am sorry for any offence caused to him, the Reverend, or anyone else. It was an over the top personal attack that was uncalled for.

It was a foolish error on my part and written out of frustration of how the club i love is run

Personally im a man of science Rev, but please accept my apologies and also to all concerned-even the big man in the sky you follow, maybe he wears yellow and green too and can help us out of this mess.

Arthur Whittle

Victoria Street

Norwich

Good man, Arthur. I agree with you that the Evening News were a little bit naughty with their timing on the publication of your letter. It wouldn''t have looked so bad if they had printed it before Glenn had taken charge of the team.

Look, i hold my hands up! I was out of order, completely in the wrong, and should never have been so rash as to send it in the first place. I do however believe that the letters page team did stitch me up a bit, with the timing and the editing as you will see if the web team allows our dialouge to be shown on here, but it all started from my actions and im very sorry to all. Im not looking for praise, i just want to apologise.

It''s no good apologising to us on here Arto old boy! If you really want to repent you should confess your sins to our resident man of the cloth who could absolve you and give you a penance of  3 ''On The Ball City''s'' and 2 ''We Hate Nottingham Forests'' and 1 ''Bertie mee Said To Bill Shankleee''

Do you know the words?? [:^)]

Of course you do [;)]

I think Arthur should be punished [:)] 100 lines please saying :-

'''' I love Glen Roeder and he''s going to do a wonderfull job at this club''''

[quote user="cityangel"]

I think Arthur should be punished [:)] 100 lines please saying :-

'''' I love Glen Roeder and he''s going to do a wonderfull job at this club''''

[/quote]

He might well do, CA.  My concern right now is that you can''t polish a turd, never mind 11 of them.

Still, prudence with ambition is my motto... 20th place, here we come.

Did you speak to their representatives personally or did a member of your team do it for you?  Your publicist perhaps?  Or your hairdresser?

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

Have spoken to the evening news and a apology will be printed and relations are rosey again.

[/quote]

Have spoken to the evening news and a apology will be printed and relations are rosey again.

[/quote]

so the columns back on too then Arthur? ;)

jas :)

[quote user="JC"]

Did you speak to their representatives personally or did a member of your team do it for you?  Your publicist perhaps?  Or your hairdresser?

[/quote][/quote]

Personal email. No need to take the p:ss

Jas my friend, the column was a bit of light hearted banter-hope you all enjoyed it as much as me.

[quote user="Steve Burns"]

Arthur Whittle wrote

the column was a bit of light hearted banter

You little tinker Arthur. We all thought you had one.

And a column too.

[/quote]

LOL

[quote user="Arturo Whittlupoli"]

My letter and comments in the evening news letters page on Monday were out of order. I shouldnt have said "he has the charisma of a dead slug [ i should not have said slug i should have said toad- :} JOKE!] Although i still feel stitched up by the letters team for holding onto my letter for 6 days before printing when normally its 1 or 2, and it was also heavily edited, im old enough to take it on the chin, accept responsiblility and apologise when im wrong so have sent in an apology which hopefully this time they will print IN FULL! I do however disagree with slightly with the comments made by the couple tonight as im not going to judge Glen Roeder on what happened against the scum because if you cant raise your standards for a local derby you shouldnt be playing. Also they pointed out that most managers get sacked but my problem is he was sacked by 3 then jumped before getting sacked by Newcasatle so thats 4 out of 4. But hey we all follow the club we love in different eyes and thoughts and im sorry to all. Below is a copy of the email just in case they do not print or edit it-again!

Regards

A Whiitle

Regarding the good Reverands letter on 7th of november and another on the 8th regarding my original letter about the Glenn Roeders appointment i feel i must apologise.

I have nothing personal against Glenn and am sorry for any offence caused to him, the Reverend, or anyone else. It was an over the top personal attack that was uncalled for.

It was a foolish error on my part and written out of frustration of how the club i love is run

Personally im a man of science Rev, but please accept my apologies and also to all concerned-even the big man in the sky you follow, maybe he wears yellow and green too and can help us out of this mess.

Arthur Whittle

Victoria Street

Norwich

[/quote]

I would like to retract my apology and i will also stick to my believe that the man is a Toad

Thanks

Arthur[;)]

[quote user="Arturo Whittlupoli"][quote user="Arturo Whittlupoli"]

Regards

A Whiitle

Arthur Whittle

Victoria Street

Norwich

[/quote]

I would like to retract my apology and i will also stick to my believe that the man is a Toad

Thanks

Arthur[;)]

[/quote]Well in Arturo! Touche!! [;)][Y]

How many other old threads do you have tucked away ready to resuscitate in case you''re proved right?

[quote user="Nuff Said"]How many other old threads do you have tucked away ready to resuscitate in case you''re proved right?
[/quote]

Hundreds if and when the Board leave!

[quote user="Arturo Whittlupoli"][quote user="Arturo Whittlupoli"]

Regards

A Whiitle

Arthur Whittle

Victoria Street

Norwich

[/quote]

Thanks

Arthur[;)]

[/quote]

That was a bit hasty Arthur, just think how many toads you have just offended!!! [:D]