Sign in to follow this  
HookNorton Canary

Huckerby on the right next year??????

im not to sure, i think Darren would be more influential up front! so surely at least 2 defenders are needed 1 midfielder and at least 1 striker!

also watching latvia the other day- i heard that arsenal released igor stepanovs, yes or no???

I was wondering the same thing myself about Stepanovs, and I just can''t make up my mind....I guess if he came in on a free and his wages weren''t too high, he might be worth a punt. Not good enough for Arsenal, but then they let Upson go as well......

Wouldn''t be overly disappointed if he signed, but I just don''t know......

As for Hux on the right, I would rather not see him confined to playing anywhere in particular. He pretty much does what he wants to anyway!!

I think that it is more likely that Bentley will play on the right. Huckerby and Bentley can be interchangable. I think will will have to wait an see who Worthington looks to bring into the club as I am sure a right midfielder is on his list.

I must admit that Stepanovs looked good in the first two games of euro2004 - but did not impress me in his time at arsenal to much. I think he has put himself well and truely in the shop window and doubt he will be leaving the premiership. I have a feeling that these performances are a bit of a one off.

I can see Hucks and Bentley switching from flank to flank in a five man midfield and Svensson up front with Hucks/Bentley playing off him. Holt, Francis, Mulryne or Brennan making up the other 3 places.

What do you reckon?

agreed DD, his best games were coming in from the left, most of his goals and assists were from that area, although he was given a free role in the latter stages

don''t know much about bentley except what i hear from arsenal fans, he is sent to us apparently for prem experience until pires has seen out his contract, the word is wenger already thinks bentley is better

if this is true then we could be in for a classic season

Hucks would not be as effective on the right - he likes to cut in from the left and have a shot on his stronger right side (a lot of defenders have sussed this out and try to keep him on his left foot). Stepanovs would be brilliant for us; hope that Worthy noted his performances.

gazzathegreat, I have to disagree with a couple of points you made re: Bentley.

''he is sent to us apparently for prem experience until pires has seen out his contract''.

I doubt Wenger would be naive enough to let Pires see out his contract. If they really did want to get rid of him, they would sell him far before his contract expired, to get as much money for him as possible. The chances of him being allowed to see out his contract are minimal I think.

''the word is wenger already thinks bentley is better''.

If Wenger thought Bentley was better, he would be in their team, simple as that. I don''t doubt that Wenger thinks Bentley has great potential - he''s said as much. But to say he''s better than a guy who has played at and won the World Cup and European Championships, and has also played in the Champions League for many seasons, well I think that''s taking it a bit far. I doubt Wenger does actually think that, because if he did then Bentley would be in the Arsenal first team.

Don''t mean to be on a downer, I am hugely excited by the signing of this guy, but I don''t want people to expect too much from him!

OTBC