Sign in to follow this  
Bernard  Futter

IN ANY OTHER PROFESSION, THE LIKES OF ROEDER, MEGSON, ROBSON (BRYAN), SOUNESS & REID WOULD BE DEEMED VIRTUALLY UNEMPLOYABLE...

With records like theirs - only in football can this happen!

It would seem that their distant celebrity as players totally blinds club directors - who love the fame by association - to their more recent managerial records.

A recognised syndrome in the advertising/entertainment industries, appropriately dubbed star****ing.

Please enlighten me if anyone can think of a more plausible explanation why these busted flushes continue to land big management roles?

I work in the city of London, I know traders who are known for losing money, or not making any and get paid a fortune for this.  It is only cos we can see their incompetance that we are alerted to it. 

Experience of doing things wrong can be just as valuable as experience of doing things right, and every manager you have named there does have experience of both.

Roeders track record isnt as bad as everyones making out. He had one or two failures or bad periods, but he''s also done well. He turned Gillingham around, took West Ham to an unprecedented place in the premiership, and under difficult circurmstances did well in his first year at Newcastle.

Can i ask, What amazing CV did worthy have, before taking us to the Premiership.

[quote user="HUDDY "]

Roeders track record isnt as bad as everyones making out. He had one or two failures or bad periods, but he''s also done well. He turned Gillingham around, took West Ham to an unprecedented place in the premiership, and under difficult circurmstances did well in his first year at Newcastle.

Can i ask, What amazing CV did worthy have, before taking us to the Premiership.

[/quote]Spot on mate!He turn gillingham around, down to the lowest levels they have ever had.Took west ham with a quality team to an unprecedented place, the relegation zone.He did well at newcastle only to leave them 5 pts off relegation in one of the weakest premeirships ever.

[quote user="Fellas"]
He turn gillingham around, down to the lowest levels they have ever had.
[/quote]

But he took over when they were five points adrift at the bottom. And he did take West Ham to one of their highest ever finishes (I''m assuming). I know most of us aren''t exactly convinced by his appointment but we can at least stick to the facts.