Sign in to follow this  
beno27

So...

I don''t really post on this messageboard anymore. A quick glance at some of the threads and it doesn''t take a genius to work out why. However, today I feel the need to share my opinions with you all.Firstly, I''d like to reiterate what some of the more level headed posters have said about giving Glenn Roeder some time to turn things around before getting on his back. I do not understand why both players and managers at Norwich are given minimal support right from the start, we''ve seen it recently with John Hartson, sure, Hartson isn''t the best signing in the world, he''s not going to move mountains for us, but when loan signings are all that are available to us and with goals at a premium, why not get someone in who has a record of scoring a lot of goals in the past? It''s not like he cost us a fortune, he may have even turned out to be another Dion.Secondly, about Glenn Roeder himself, he is a manager whom the players will respect. He has experience that Grant just didn''t have, with all the passion that Grant did have. He has had his share of failures in the past, what manager hasn''t? He has also had a lot of successes and is proven to be very good at getting clubs out of sticky situations.Thirdly, I ask you all to look at the bigger picture. Roeder WILL keep us in the championship. We have a strong squad, yes you heard, we really do. Players like Marshall, Huckerby and Cureton are proven to be fantastic at this level. While players like Brellier, Strihavka, Otsemobor and most of the other summer signings have the potential to do very well under the right management. I, for one, am backing Roeder to get the best out of this squad, and with some financial backing and his premiership contacts, bring in some very good players too.Am I happy about the last couple of years? No! However a disappointing past doesn''t need to lead to a disappointing future.So slate me if you will, I''m sure there are plenty of people who won''t be very happy with me showing any forms of support and optimism, but i do hope there are some here who share my views.On The Ball City!

I do think he deserves a chance irrespective of his track record, after all it''s not his fault we''re in such a mess.

However I strongly disagree with your comment about having a strong squad. It''s an absoultely shocking bunch of players and it will take a hell of an effort to get us out of the bottom three (or even off the bottom). He''ll need some cash to spend for sure, but I''m not convinced he''ll get very much.

I think it''s more potential to be very good players rather than already being very good players. It''s been a while since we had a manager who could get the most out of his players and I hope Roeder is the man to do this!