Sign in to follow this  
blahblahblah

Remarkable stupidity

Looks like Glenn Roeder may have a rocky ride from one of Archants'' own.  Shouldn''t you be looking to offer balance ?  You''re not going to get it from Iain Dale...[quote user="Iain Dale"]I can scarecly believe that Norwich City have been stupid enough to appoint Glen Roeder as their new manager. In all the managerial jobs he has had he has failed - Watford, Gillingham, West Ham, Newcastle. Can any one explain to me why he, and Gary Megson for that matter, seem to constantly come up smelling of roses. They must give bloody good interviews, is all I can say.I shall never forgive Roeder for his insulting behaviour towards West Ham fans when he was at Upton Park last year with Newcastle. His hand gestures towards us were a disgrace and he nearly caused a riot. And we were the ones who were at one with him over his illness. What a way to repay our loyalty.Having spent many years of my life in Norwich and Norfolk I feel so sorry for the Canaries. I have spent many a happy hour at Carrow Road. However, I can do my little bit to puncture Roeder’s balloon as I have a fortnightly column in the Eastern Daily Press, in which I often write about football as well as politics.Norwich City know not what they have done.[/quote]I''ll let you guess who I think is the stupid one here...

Was that the same game at Upton Park when Wet Spam fans started chanting about his brain tumour? Charming bunch aren''t they.

There''s a joke to be had somewhere about Mr Dale''s little bit puncturing Glen Roeder''s balloon and a small prick, I''ll let you fill in the blanks!

Cor blimey guvnor! Why do the EDP give this cock-er-ney a column? Bet Glen really''s terrified about the verbal fortnightly beating he''s going to suffer from this rapier-worded hack!

Anyway, aren''t there enough local ****wits to churn out ill-informed, spurious, opinionated nonsense, without employing ''immigrants''! (Obviously I realise Laaandaners own three quarters of Norfolk now, but still!)

[quote]Anyway, aren''t there enough local ****wits to churn out ill-informed,

spurious, opinionated nonsense, without employing ''immigrants''!

(Obviously I realise Laaandaners own three quarters of Norfolk now, but

still!)[/quote]I find it shocking that you don''t have a column too Grando.  But someone has to represent the Chelsea on Sea mob I suppose.

[quote]

Well the guy is a West Ham fan and they have had Roeder relegate them... 

If West Ham hired Brian Hamilton and I was writing for their local newspaper I might just have to add a few words in their...[/quote]

You are so lazy in constructing your opinions that I don''t know why I bother to reply to them.You''d think I''d learn wouldn''t you.

[quote user="Grando"]Cor blimey guvnor! Why do the EDP give this cock-er-ney a column? Bet Glen really''s terrified about the verbal fortnightly beating he''s going to suffer from this rapier-worded hack! Anyway, aren''t there enough local ****wits to churn out ill-informed, spurious, opinionated nonsense, without employing ''immigrants''! (Obviously I realise Laaandaners own three quarters of Norfolk now, but still!)[/quote]

And I thought Waghorn was a Man City Fan.  Hence him not really giving a monkees if we got relegated or not.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

If West Ham hired Brian Hamilton and I was writing for their local newspaper I might just have to add a few words in their...

[/quote]I''m sure we all expect you to do that anyway - why change now? You have macro keys for "idiot", "numpty", "appalling", and other all-purpose insults, don''t you?

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

If West Ham hired Brian Hamilton and I was writing for their local newspaper I might just have to add a few words in their...

[/quote]

that''s not the point is it Mr Dale is being all precious about how poor innocent West ham fans had a hand gesture waved in their direction, which they didn''t deserve because in their world its okay to take the mick out of someone having a brain tumour...I''m making the same hand gesture in your direction by the way...

More emotional twaddle......

That was there...that was then. This is now. The only relevant factor is that he was as bad at West Ham as Grant was at NCFC. He''s got a point...but then why let honesty get in the way piety........

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]

If West Ham hired Brian Hamilton and I was writing for their local newspaper I might just have to add a few words in their...[/quote]

You are so lazy in constructing your opinions that I don''t know why I bother to reply to them.

You''d think I''d learn wouldn''t you.
[/quote]

Well he did relegate them from the Premiership.  Im not sure too many west ham fans have a good word to say about him.

[quote user="NEIL CLUCKCASTER"]

That was there...that was then. This is now. The only relevant factor is that he was as bad at West Ham as Grant was at NCFC. He''s got a point...but then why let honesty get in the way piety........

[/quote]

not really, Grant did a far worse job here than Roeder did at West Ham.

[quote user="NEIL CLUCKCASTER"]

[/quote]

Thats utter crap, he took them to europe.  Following season he collapsed halfway through with a brain tumour.  Allow the bloke a little slack....

[quote]Well he did relegate them from the Premiership.  Im not sure too many west ham fans have a good word to say about him.[/quote]Do you feel that suffering a brain tumour might have had an impact on his ability to do the job at the time ?  It''s not a lemsip job is it ?