Sign in to follow this  
DDD In The Fine City

First loan signing

An old work freind of mine is from the toon (rang to wish us good luck, what an arse), he''s a avid fan and says matty patterson is off on loan in the next few days. gotta be us aint it? looked at his profile on the toon site 21years old but been real unlucky with injuries. anyone know more about this or him?

When we played them in a friendly last year they had an incredibly quick left winger called Patterson (or something like that) who basically destroyed Colin/Hughes (whichever one it was) for the second half of the game. Sounds like the same guy. Looked very useful but then where does that mean Hucks would play?

Hucks - Striker/Impact subOR Patterson as Impact substitute, meaning that Hucks doesn''t have to save his legs for the entire 90 and can properly get up at the opposition for 60 mins say.

[quote user="Failure"]

He''s in my FM Norwich team, frighteningly assistant managed by Roeder.

Don''t know much about him in real life though so I can''t comment.

[/quote]

I loaned him in on FM 08, good player on there, South African I think

Patterson is a winger, good enough for the championship and looking to prove himself. Other newcastle players you could have are troisi (striker)

Lua Lua (Striker)

Yeah, wouldnt be bad, i would like to see Roeder bring in Ameobi and maybe Bernard (who did he manage when at Newcastle?) although he may have sold him, i forget. Then theres Ramage, who to me always seems a fairly talented defender, and not getting much of a look in at Newcastle. But in all honesty i think theres a lot of very decent players out there, who if Roeder does have connections could bring in.Richard Hughes was talking of leaving Pompey the other day or Maceo Rigter...so yeah lots of options!

[quote user="Jim Smith"]When we played them in a friendly last year they had an incredibly quick left winger called Patterson (or something like that) who basically destroyed Colin/Hughes (whichever one it was) for the second half of the game. Sounds like the same guy. Looked very useful but then where does that mean Hucks would play?[/quote]

In yesterdays interview with the BBC, Roeder said that one of the most important things he thought is a quad was to have people playing for their place in the team week-in, week-out. If Hucks has a young, keen, speedy winger sitting in the dugout ready to take his place, that has to be a good motivator for him to perform.

[quote user="breaker2"]Yeah, wouldnt be bad, i would like to see Roeder bring in Ameobi and maybe Bernard (who did he manage when at Newcastle?) although he may have sold him, i forget. Then theres Ramage, who to me always seems a fairly talented defender, and not getting much of a look in at Newcastle. But in all honesty i think theres a lot of very decent players out there, who if Roeder does have connections could bring in.Richard Hughes was talking of leaving Pompey the other day or Maceo Rigter...so yeah lots of options![/quote]

All of those players would be good signings. Ramage would be a terrific signing, he could do a good job playing anywhere across the defence.