Sign in to follow this  
Michael Martin

A Geordies opinion on Roeder..if you care

As a Newcastle fan just moved to Norwich here is my opinion for what it is worth. Roeder used to run the academy at Newcastle and produced some excellent players with the youth sides doing very well and bringing through Steven Taylor, Ramage etc. As manager in the first season he took us from relegation candidates to 7th at the end of the season with what were quite honestly a bunch of average players who didn''t give a s**t. However, whether that was luck not I have no idea as in his first full season he looked very much out of his depth and signed some hopeless players. He is not a premier league manager by any means but I feel he has the experience and know how to do a decent job for Norwich, he''ll get in a backroom staff that also have premier league experience which can only be a good thing for a team bottom of the Championship. I''ve no doubt he will go back to Newcastle and loan some players, he is still well liked despite us all knowing he wasn''t good enough. Give him a chance, he clearly wants to be at Norwich and I doubt he needs the money.

Thanks, that''s actually really refreshing to hear - i still have my doubts about the guy but i give any new manager a chance to prove himself before judging so i guess it''s a case of wait and see

Every manager seems to struggle at Newcastle for some reason, it is probably the most difficult job in the prem and I don''t think it''s a disgrace that Roeder struggled towards the end, maybe the expectations at Newcastle were to much for him. Even Allardyce isn''t exactly setting the world on fire up there. Some managers can do well at certain clubs and hopefully this is the right club for him, I guess only time will tell. What Newcastle players do you think we could get here on loan?

[quote user="Michael Martin"]As a Newcastle fan just moved to Norwich here is my opinion for what it is worth. Roeder used to run the academy at Newcastle and produced some excellent players with the youth sides doing very well and bringing through Steven Taylor, Ramage etc. As manager in the first season he took us from relegation candidates to 7th at the end of the season with what were quite honestly a bunch of average players who didn''t give a s**t. However, whether that was luck not I have no idea as in his first full season he looked very much out of his depth and signed some hopeless players. He is not a premier league manager by any means but I feel he has the experience and know how to do a decent job for Norwich, he''ll get in a backroom staff that also have premier league experience which can only be a good thing for a team bottom of the Championship. I''ve no doubt he will go back to Newcastle and loan some players, he is still well liked despite us all knowing he wasn''t good enough. Give him a chance, he clearly wants to be at Norwich and I doubt he needs the money.[/quote]

Thats encouraging for me .........thanks MM

OTBC

It''s always good to get a fresh insight on the bloke that will be managing the team you support.  I''d be interested to hear what HappyHammer / Andy says, if he''s about too.Thanks for taking the time Michael !

Thanks for that. Some refreshingly optimisitc comments.

I for one think he can get us back to the Premiership next year. Maybe then we would need a new manager to keep us there.

[quote user="Michael Martin"] whether that was luck not I have no idea as in his first full season he looked very much out of his depth and signed some hopeless players. [/quote].......but he did buy Obafemi Martins the following season didn''t he who is awsome. I know you Geordies love him.........more than Owen even?Not that little Norwich have 16 million lying around for Roeder to repeat that sort of thing.  Sad [:(]