Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

where was Delia, MWJ, and Doomcaster today?

after the appointments of NW and Granty we were treated to the signt of all them smiling away with the usual "onwards and upwards" piffle they spout.

where were they today? it was only Mumbles at the press conference.

If what jonoBono said is true and the Smiths wanted duffy have they been outvoted and thrown their toys out of the pram? hence no show of support for Roeder on his first day?

i''ll probably get panned for criticising them now

jas :)

i hope so, could be delala is clowly being bullied out by the financial bulk and ambition of Mr Turner... i hope/pray

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

after the appointments of NW and Granty we were treated to the signt of all them smiling away with the usual "onwards and upwards" piffle they spout.

If what jonoBono said is true and the Smiths wanted duffy have they been outvoted and thrown their toys out of the pram? hence no show of support for Roeder on his first day?

[/quote]

I suspect they didn''t want to be present when he was declared manager as this would suggest implication.....so when we go down it will simply be "nothing to do with me".....

It''s soooooooo transparent.

[quote user="NEIL CLUCKCASTER"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

I suspect they didn''t want to be present when he was declared manager as this would suggest implication.....so when we go down it will simply be "nothing to do with me".....

[/quote]

!

I think you are getting marginally carried away.

interesting question.  i e mailed Doomy on sunday with regards to the new appointment and when it may happen and he didnt answer so maybe hes gone away as part of the backroom clearout!!! well we can dream cant we???

I was wondering that this evening while watching on tv, not aware this morning that only Munby was there from the commentary on R Norfolk.

Delia and co - you are a disgrace.....what is more important than showing a united front on an important occasion as the introduction of our new manager! Cynically I can only assume that Delia and Michael were not in favour of his appointment and wanted to retain Duffy. Is that too far from the truth?

What must Mr Roeder think? Only ONE person from the board. Where was Doncaster? The Turners? Foulger.

The board (whether split down the middle or not) must show a united front. If they took three weeks over deciding, then they had time to clear their diaries for this morning. Another nail in the coffin.

I too thought it very strange.  What else could Doomcaster have to do that is more important than unveiling the new manager . . . clearing his desk perhaps?  But that doesn''t explain why no one else was there.  Someone apart from Roger Munby must have approved Roeder''s appointment surely?

If they expect the team to stand up and be counted, they have to lead by example.  All together now . . . "WHERE ARE YOU?  WHERE ARE YOU?  LET''S BE ''AVIN YOU!"

I think that privately (for now) the Turners have more sway than we are led to believe and that the Smith dynasty is on its way out. Would be awkward for representative of either side to be present in those circumstances.

Why oh why do we do this?  If The smiths and the rest of the board had all turned out i am sure someone would have found away of complaining about them all sitting smugly in front of the media Only one year after telling us they had the right man!  Or "Look there''s Delia looking for a bit of publicity for her new book/tv show!"  I have seen Many managers introduced by one (senior) member of a football club board so Having the Chaiman introduce the new manager is the way it should be done IMO. Please stop looking for silly things to moan about.

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]I was wondering that this evening while watching on tv, not aware this morning that only Munby was there from the commentary on R Norfolk. Delia and co - you are a disgrace.....what is more important than showing a united front on an important occasion as the introduction of our new manager! Cynically I can only assume that Delia and Michael were not in favour of his appointment and wanted to retain Duffy. Is that too far from the truth? What must Mr Roeder think? Only ONE person from the board. Where was Doncaster? The Turners? Foulger. The board (whether split down the middle or not) must show a united front. If they took three weeks over deciding, then they had time to clear their diaries for this morning. Another nail in the coffin.[/quote]

Now thats a heck of a conclusion to draw from the days events but there''s nothing to say you''re wrong Gazza.

But there are other possible explainations though. How about a theory that the new board are going to be far less open than we are used to. This could be the beginning of the end of the days of meet the fan roadshows and all we have left is Roger "P.R." Munby earning his corn. The openess was Delia and MWJ''s idea but if you were the Turners would you carry it on in the present climate? The Turners have never had the opportunity to meet the fans in pleasant circumstances so the scenes at the AGM and recent roadshows is the only experience they will have had.

Munby said that the interview process was different this time, it involved less people on the actual interviews and board members were kept away to remain more objective. I can only assume this change was down to the change in personnel on the board.

It''s just a guess but if my guess is right would Delia still be a disgrace?

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Cynically I can only assume that Delia and Michael were not in favour of his appointment and wanted to retain Duffy.[/quote]

Or wanted someone else in? Who knows. It does seem a bit odd though. If there are divisions amongst the board over Roeder''s appointment then I think we''re pretty much properly screwed. That is an "if" though.

[quote user="NEIL CLUCKCASTER"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Neil Cluckcaster is a superstar. Your posts have me in stitches. You are a genius.

[quote user="city r us"]Why oh why do we do this?  If The smiths and the rest of the board had all turned out i am sure someone would have found away of complaining about them all sitting smugly in front of the media Only one year after telling us they had the right man!  Or "Look there''s Delia looking for a bit of publicity for her new book/tv show!"  I have seen Many managers introduced by one (senior) member of a football club board so Having the Chaiman introduce the new manager is the way it should be done IMO. Please stop looking for silly things to moan about.
[/quote]

The point is that the absence of most of the board (and particularly the CEO) is a very obvious departure from their normal practice.  The message it sends out is confusing and less than positive, to put it mildly.  Whether it''s "the way it should be done" or not is irrelevant. 

I wonder if they''re refusing to talk to the local press?  The EDP broke ranks last week (not before time) with a critical editorial and also published adverse comments from local MPs.  Coincidental or not? 

[quote user="Fat Prophet"]

The point is that the absence of most of the board (and particularly the CEO) is a very obvious departure from their normal practice.  The message it sends out is confusing and less than positive, to put it mildly.  Whether it''s "the way it should be done" or not is irrelevant. 

I wonder if they''re refusing to talk to the local press?  The EDP broke ranks last week (not before time) with a critical editorial and also published adverse comments from local MPs.  Coincidental or not? 

[/quote]

That could be right...or it could just be different board = different methods.. or just as likely something else!

Tell you what though.. it didn''t take much to make the MP''s happy again... bless ''em!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]I was wondering that this evening while watching on tv, not aware this morning that only Munby was there from the commentary on R Norfolk. Delia and co - you are a disgrace.....what is more important than showing a united front on an important occasion as the introduction of our new manager! Cynically I can only assume that Delia and Michael were not in favour of his appointment and wanted to retain Duffy. Is that too far from the truth? What must Mr Roeder think? Only ONE person from the board. Where was Doncaster? The Turners? Foulger. The board (whether split down the middle or not) must show a united front. If they took three weeks over deciding, then they had time to clear their diaries for this morning. Another nail in the coffin.[/quote]

Now thats a heck of a conclusion to draw from the days events but there''s nothing to say you''re wrong Gazza.

But there are other possible explainations though. How about a theory that the new board are going to be far less open than we are used to. This could be the beginning of the end of the days of meet the fan roadshows and all we have left is Roger "P.R." Munby earning his corn. The openess was Delia and MWJ''s idea but if you were the Turners would you carry it on in the present climate? The Turners have never had the opportunity to meet the fans in pleasant circumstances so the scenes at the AGM and recent roadshows is the only experience they will have had.

Munby said that the interview process was different this time, it involved less people on the actual interviews and board members were kept away to remain more objective. I can only assume this change was down to the change in personnel on the board.

[/quote]

some of the board members "stayed away" who were they??? the Smiths and doomcaster? the turners???

if the Turners were part of the interview process and the Smiths stayed away then for me that means a change of ownership is on the horizon. the smiths dont give 2 hoots who gets the job as in a matter of months it wont be their club anymore...

wonder if they''ll be there on sunday?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

some of the board members "stayed away" who were they??? the Smiths and doomcaster? the turners???

if the Turners were part of the interview process and the Smiths stayed away then for me that means a change of ownership is on the horizon. the smiths dont give 2 hoots who gets the job as in a matter of months it wont be their club anymore...

wonder if they''ll be there on sunday?

[/quote]

I don''t think they stayed away out of lack of interest jas.. I get the impression that the interview process was different and it''s just my guess that this was down to the Turners. I have a gut feeling that the Turners are instigating change from the inside, they have invested 2m so you would expect that wouldn''t you? I have no proof though... I''m not really delia''s cousin ya know[;)]

If they had turned up, then people would have said that they were trying to gain the limelight, can''t have it both ways.

I do feel that they are moving out soon thou, like I have said before, I do want change in the boardroom, but we have to have better than we have at the moment.

Jas, I feel thats a bit harsh to say the Smiths could not give a hoot about the club, they do care and they may want out, who wouldn''t after the abuse they get from some people, I know if I was in Delais shoes, then I would want the money owed to me, especially if no one is grateful anymore.

No, I dont wear green and yellow tinted glasses, no I''m not Delia, board member or know any of them, I''m just a bit respectful of what they have done and tried to do, even if the end result has not gone as well.

I hope she is there on Sunday, would be nice to have her on the pitch talking on the mike, he he

Apparently, the absent three were huddled around a bubbling cauldron in the ''top o'' the terrarse'' restyrunt, adding magic ingredients......."Eye of Worthington, Knee of Eadie, Nose of Grant and Ear of Gunn.......Outside investors - please don''t come!"[:@]

I''m sure HRH ''Deals no Deals'' and Hubster - will be present at the ''Stadio del Carrocorporato el nosho'' on Sunday......Darth Donkster? He''ll be around...."Doin'' his Thang!".....[8-|].....And get well paid for doin'' it..

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

Apparently, the absent three were huddled around a bubbling cauldron in the ''top o'' the terrarse'' restyrunt, adding magic ingredients......."Eye of Worthington, Knee of Eadie, Nose of Grant and Ear of Gunn.......Outside investors - please don''t come!"[:@]

I''m sure HRH ''Deals no Deals'' and Hubster - will be present at the ''Stadio del Carrocorporato el nosho'' on Sunday......Darth Donkster? He''ll be around...."Doin'' his Thang!".....[8-|].....And get well paid for doin'' it..

[/quote]back on form mello - if only the city boys were!