Sign in to follow this  
Cantley

Roos a fat b****** now?

Anyone who joined in the abuse in January (or thought it was okay to do so), and then cheered him on Monday - do you feel the teensie weensiest little bit hypocritical?

Not really cos all footballers are sometimes abused by opposing fans yet cheered when playing for international team.

I didn''t took sides at the time & it''s not something I would have chanted myself mind you, but I must say he''s still a relatively ''well-built'' young fella, despite improving his fitness levels since the end of the season (apparently it was found he''d gone to seed over the season, was England''s least fit squad member and had to do extra training). And fitness affects a player''s football (whereas, for example, his ethnic origin is irrelevant to his football).

It''s entirely natural in football to abuse the opposition in horrible and ghastly ways (especially tongue in cheek such as in the Rooney case, since everyone knew how good he is and everyone knew there was no reason for personal antipathy) and support your own vociferously (especially wholeheartedly in the Rooney case, since he''s great for England) even when they are amusingly enough one and the same guy. Different team, different hat. However I admire your consistency, Fool on the Hill: obviously you see the sun going down and the eyes in your head see the world spinning round... (hope you know what I mean by that!)