Sign in to follow this  
gsr600

ipswich town takeover

whats the problem,

heres how i see it

Marcus Evans purchases the clubs debt, the debt is still there its just no longer on the club so no chance of administration, this 32mill will purchase along with the 12mill for transfer  87.5% of the club,

this will mean that any money the club makes will go to marcus evans as hes not going to pay for the debt himself, so if they fail to gt promoted there financial status next year will be no better then this year as marcus evans will still take the money made form the club to pay off the debt, now heres were we will all be laughing, the deal is public therefore any signing they make will want as much money as they can from as they know its there, this is a bad thing as it increases expenses which if they fail on promotion will have a effect on the amount of money made,

marcus evans will not be at the club long if they dont make money,

as the clubs out rite owner he will also have the power to transfer the debt back to the club as he sees fit,

So your saying this would be a bad thing if it happened to Norwich ????

This guy is obviously an switched on businessman and do you really think he would put that much money into a football club if he didn''t think there was any chance of getting it back !! He basicaly now owns 87.5% of a business that is in debt so he''s going to do everything he can to get them out of it. As I said he wouldn''t have put that money in if he didn''t think he can could do that... Not only has he taken on the debt but also given 12mil to the transfer fund to get things started...Having someone like him at your club can only be a positive....

Be ready for some ''Money'' related songs comming from the away end on Sunday..

[quote user="my brain hurts "]whats the problem,

heres how i see it

Marcus Evans purchases the clubs debt, the debt is still there its just no longer on the club so no chance of administration, this 32mill will purchase along with the 12mill for transfer  87.5% of the club,

this will mean that any money the club makes will go to marcus evans as hes not going to pay for the debt himself, so if they fail to gt promoted there financial status next year will be no better then this year as marcus evans will still take the money made form the club to pay off the debt, now heres were we will all be laughing, the deal is public therefore any signing they make will want as much money as they can from as they know its there, this is a bad thing as it increases expenses which if they fail on promotion will have a effect on the amount of money made,

marcus evans will not be at the club long if they dont make money,

as the clubs out rite owner he will also have the power to transfer the debt back to the club as he sees fit,

[/quote]

Couldnt you have used an existing thread?

[quote user="Baggie"]

So your saying this would be a bad thing if it happened to Norwich ????

This guy is obviously an switched on businessman and do you really think he would put that much money into a football club if he didn''t think there was any chance of getting it back !! He basicaly now owns 87.5% of a business that is in debt so he''s going to do everything he can to get them out of it. As I said he wouldn''t have put that money in if he didn''t think he can could do that... Not only has he taken on the debt but also given 12mil to the transfer fund to get things started...Having someone like him at your club can only be a positive....

Be ready for some ''Money'' related songs comming from the away end on Sunday..

[/quote]

I have no idea what his plans are but if you look at his previous business deals and attempted deals it is mostly aimed at asset stripping.  Virtually everything is Bermuda based and in some cases it seems just a question of moving money around.  This deal may, of course, be quite different.

This report appeared in Money Week in 2006: