Sign in to follow this  
a1canary

How many games have Town won away?

None. Zero. 13 conceded in 6 games with less than a goal a game scored.They have become like we were a few years ago - unbeatable at home, dire away.Sunday may not be quite such a mismatch...

how many had sheffield wednesday won away before they played us?

how many wins full-stop did qpr have before playing us?

dont get me wrong im feelin quite optimisitc but form counts for little, as derbies are always pressurized, scrappy games

Well, there''s the dreaded kiss of death then!

How many times does it happen against us? I''ve lost count over the years.

That''s what makes it even more likely we''ll get stuffed, we seem to end everybodys bad/winless streaks!!!!

I''ll still go for a 2-1 City win tho, c''mon boys!!!!

Without meaning to sound like a pessimist, heaven forbid, QPR hadn''t won a match, home or away all season, they hadn''t kept a clean sheet for 6 months.  Likewise Sheffield Wednesday.  And they were televised.Let''s just say that I hope you''re right a1...

Like many City fans I''m a bit apprehensive about the outcome of this match, but who knows, football is a far from predictable game when it comes to results. If we can somehow score an early goal (off somebody''s knee or arse or whatever), it might just rouse the Carrow Road faithful enough to make plenty of noise and so cheer our boys on to victory. Also our appalling record in front of the Sky TV cameras has to change at some point, so why not on Sunday?

I am hoping we benefit from the ''new manager'' phenomenon that, more often than not, seems to see teams win their first couple of games. Although I acknowledge that our current squad is not world-beating, I refuse to believe that, man-for-man, we are the weakest squad in the Championship and relaly do think that lack of confidence (along with crippling injury problems) has played a major role in our recent fortunes.

Roll on Sunday and I hope it''s the start of a clean slate and a run of form.