Sign in to follow this  
gsr600

one possible reason as to y roeder was hired

after reading the articles about glen roeder becoming new manager it struck me as to the part he said hed been speaking to a un named source from norwich city as to the job, now was this source dion who we all know has been a playr roeder was familiar and worked woth before, now this is were my thinking comes in, if dion was talking to glen then did dion also talk to his team mates about who glen was and what he was like and did the team then go and say glens the man we want and if u hire anyone else we will play lik weve been playing under grant,was it the teams acceptance and wanting of glen that got him the job

OK, so the upshot of it is "Did Dion persuade Glen to take the job" and "Did Dion have some part in persuading the team to accept Glen".When talking about the job, Glen said that he phoned up for it as soon as he knew it was available.  So the answer to the first part of your question is probably no.I''d imagine that Dion would encourage the players to get behind the boss whoever the boss was, he strikes me as that kind of bloke.  I doubt if this had much to dio with the interviews though, as they were probably conducted by directors.

[quote user="Duffman"]Don''t ever write a book.[/quote]

I think he should...I like a challenge!!

[quote user="Michael Starr"]When has Dublin ever played under Roeder? I can''t recall a time[/quote]dion was called into the england squad when glen was a england coach working for hoddle