Sign in to follow this  
Freeza

Is anybody else really looking forward to Sunday?

I am! Bring on the scum! It''s about time Club, manager, players and fans were all pulling in the same direction and I hope Carrow Road can be a wall of noise on Sunday like it was a couple of years ago.

I always remember the season after the play-off final fondly for Carrow Rd crowds. After getting an unexpected taste of the big time, we were all 100% behind OUR team and every home match had a fantastic atmosphere!

Things have been oddly quiet, nervous and gloomy at Carrow Rd the last 2 years and it''s time to bring back the passion and the pride!.

Lets make sure the binners know that they''ve got a fight on their hands and that our league position is false.

All together now, KICK IT OFF........

to be fair to the crowd at carra rd david, many times we''ve tried to get the players going, but mostly, we''ve been watching teams playing in our half - hardly rousing stuff.  as hux said, we don''t control games anymore, so mostly the crowd and atmosphere is as passive as the players lame performances.  i''m sure the carra rd faithful will be fired up, but the players have to do there bit as well.we all now the importance of the 12th man - but the lets be avin you mentality only works upto a point!

[quote user="David Freezer"]

..............Things have been oddly quiet, nervous and gloomy at Carrow Rd the last 2 years ...........

[/quote]

The only odd thing about the last two years is that there''s still around 20,000 mugs like me still buying season tickets.......

100% agree with you , if we ever needed to all pull together and make Carrow Road a wall of sound is this Sunday.The binners are already celebrating a win they just need to turn up and take the three points,well let every City fan there take up Glenn''s call and be the 12th man and kick the binners back down the A140 WHERE THEY BELONG.

You really believe our league position is false ? which Championship sides do you really truthfully think are worse than Norwich right now  , my guess would be none . Our trump card for Sunday the new manager syndrome has well and truly paled into insignificance with the announcement of their £44million takeover , Ipswich will come to Carrow Road buzzing and in their best league position for years our team is on its knees and in its worst position for decades , it really could turn into a nightmare..

Crowds are always great after a good season but to say they have been ''oddly quiet'' is a bit strange, personaly i''d say there are one or two reasons why they have been ''oddly quiet'' wouldn''t you ?

Fans can get behind their team all they want but if the players don''t perform then it''s inevitable that you''ll get the ''oddly quiet'' at the ground.

From a personal point of view, I don''t think Roader is going to do much to remove this ''oddly quiet''...... You ask "is anyone looking forward to Sunday" well, with Norwich bottom of the league, the way Ipswich playing and now a £44m takeover at Portman Road, and having spoken to a couple of them, Ipswich fans can''t wait to get here.................. 

I''m looking forward to the scum game, just hope our fans make some noise for a change. Trouble is now they have been taken over the outlook is far brighter for them than it is for us which is hard to take. Our fans seem to have spent the last few years taking the pee out of them for being skint, now sadly the boot is on the other foot.

I am, always have and always will do, but must admit that am going to this one with far more trepidation than ever before.Dont know if we can pull it off against the in form Bin Men ?Bit to soon for Roeder to make a difference ?Was the dressing room so low under PG''''s style that the change might lift the players in time ?How long will the supporters give them before getting on the players backs ?Has he got to know them well enough ? hopefully Dion has helped out there !Do the new under performing players really have a grasp as to how important this is to us ?Do we really have the talent capable of clawing a win ?The list is endlessBut still really up for itBeing a Norwich supporter is hard work isnt it ?

I always look forward to a Norwich game, I always have some hope & with a new manager installed at last, those under performing players should be pulling their socks up & playing for places.(And that includes the big name players).  Whether we will win or not on Sunday, I don''t know. Putting aside tribal differences and taking off the yellow & green specs, it has to be said that Ipswich are playing good football at the moment and who wouldn''t swop league places with them? 

I am looking for a gutsy performance and to be honest I''d settle for a draw and for the fans to really get behind the team and the manager.

yes and no! on one hand we could rip them apart.. they are awful away and its about time we owed them a good hiding! with Roeder on the scene the players could well be up for this.

on the other hand Ipswich, im sad to say, are better than us and have been for 2 seasons now...Danny Haynes has a habit of scoring against us and if we keep up our poor form we could really be hit for a few...

its going to be emotional!

jas :)

Just a thought - everyone seems to think that news of the takeover means that the binners will be coming to us on a high; yes, fans, backroom staff, board etc.  But, I personally believe this could be a strange time for the players - how many of the current starting 11 will be guaranteed to still be at the club come next summer?  January even, for some of them.  Surely the fact that the club now has money to spend means that a lot of the current squad will be ''surplus to requirements'' and dispensed with rather quickly.  Could be very unsettling, that.

We can only hope Temp!

It just seems to me that the take over and their form at home has overshadowed the fact we have a new manager to inspire us, and that all of their good fortune will mean everyone connected to NCFC will be extra angry come the knell of Sunday!!

What''s happening Sunday then?[:|]

Are the City shoppin'' malls open till 8pm? [:(]

Is there a free gig by scantily dressed Girls Aloud outside the forum?[:P][6]

Free beer in the Coach an'' Horses?[B][:D]

Neil Doncaster hands in his resignation?[:D][:)][:D][:)]

Roger Marlboro and Mickey Wynn Woodbine - give up tabbin'' ?[^o)]

Delia''s preparing a free "thanks for ''avin you!" Sunday roast for 23,000 canary fans?[:|] 

Aha, yes.......I remember![I] We are going to stuff the Scummers at Carra!......[Y][:D][<:o)]

"SING UP THE CITY STAND!"[|-)].........(and make sure you put your best dentures in with extra polygrip!).....