Sign in to follow this  
T07

Your first job gaffer

Change the captain ........ Grants two biggest mistakes to alienate the squad were to sell Safri and make Shack captain.   Didn''t   go   down   welll

[quote]

Change the captain ........ Grants two biggest mistakes to alienate the squad were to sell Safri and make Shack captain.   Didn''t   go   down   welll[/quote]Which one of the squads'' 6 alleged "cliques" are you representing, T07 ?

[quote user="T07"]Change the captain ........

Grants two biggest mistakes to alienate the squad were to sell Safri and make Shack captain.   Didn''t   go   down   welll

[/quote]

Who is gonna do any better than Shacks?. I agree he is not Captain material 100% but who else in the current squad could do the job any better?. Russell maybe??

Well in that case, who would we have as captain considering Dions injuries?

I guess he would have to be a regular, which means there isnt many choices... it would come down, going on the consistancy factor, Russel, Otsemobor, Huckerby or Cureton. Maybe, maybe, no, BIG maybe.

So if we look at the most appropriate candidates:

Dublin: Probably wont play enough but also probably the best man for the job

Russel: Has the energy but does he have the knowledge or assertiveness?

Otsemobor: Probably could be gritty enough but I dont think he''ll have the experience

Shackell: Doesnt appear to cut it

Drury: Did he really do a brilliant job last time?

Lappin: Maybe in a few years, but not now.

Huckerby: Probably just shout at everyone else

Striker Dave: Because I thought it would be funny

Doesnt bode well really does it...

[quote user="Vern from Sky TV"]

[quote user="T07"]Change the captain ........ Grants two biggest mistakes to alienate the squad were to sell Safri and make Shack captain.   Didn''t   go   down   welll[/quote]

Who is gonna do any better than Shacks?. I agree he is not Captain material 100% but who else in the current squad could do the job any better?. Russell maybe??

[/quote]russell has been captain of stoke?? maybe vern

Get someone to tell Brown where the goal is; before I get a lot of posts telling me he tries hard- this doesn''t count for anything if you don''t have the ability or show improvement, Hughes tried hard ( I liked him for that) but ultimately he wasn''t good enough and was moved on (rightly so).

Norwich''s problem isn''t defence its in attack, they have conceded a similar amount to most teams in the league but only manage to score 1 in every 2, the fact that Brown played most of these games and didn''t contribute in goals or assists should signal him out for attention.

I would love the guy to stick in 20 goals from now to the end of the season or create 20 goals for someone else and be able to stick two fingers up at people like me.

giving hucks the armband would either make him more verbal or calm him down, what about cureton? he seemed to take alot of responsibility with helping Strihavka settle over the summer, and russel as well, perhaps brellier if he starts to hit form could manager it.

[quote user="norfolkchance1"]

Get someone to tell Brown where the goal is; before I get a lot of posts telling me he tries hard- this doesn''t count for anything if you don''t have the ability or show improvement, Hughes tried hard ( I liked him for that) but ultimately he wasn''t good enough and was moved on (rightly so).

[/quote]

Okay.  How about a post which points out Brown has scored as many as Strihavka and/or Huckerby this season?  And then follows up with a friendly reminder that he''s made more goals than those two as well...

Sign a decent centrehalf.

Goals against stats for last 3 years says it all.

Worthy failed, as did Grant.

Sort it out.

Brellier....

[quote user="The Bucketman"]

Well in that case, who would we have as captain considering Dions injuries?

I guess he would have to be a regular, which means there isnt many choices... it would come down, going on the consistancy factor, Russel, Otsemobor, Huckerby or Cureton. Maybe, maybe, no, BIG maybe.

So if we look at the most appropriate candidates:

Dublin: Probably wont play enough but also probably the best man for the job

Russel: Has the energy but does he have the knowledge or assertiveness?

Otsemobor: Probably could be gritty enough but I dont think he''ll have the experience

Shackell: Doesnt appear to cut it

Drury: Did he really do a brilliant job last time?

Lappin: Maybe in a few years, but not now.

Huckerby: Probably just shout at everyone else

Striker Dave: Because I thought it would be funny

Doesnt bode well really does it...

[/quote]

[quote user="fuzzyfelt"][quote user="norfolkchance1"]

[/quote]

Okay.  How about a post which points out Brown has scored as many as Strihavka and/or Huckerby this season?  And then follows up with a friendly reminder that he''s made more goals than those two as well...

[/quote]I''d hope so! a STRIKER and he''s played the most out of the 3! (upfront, atleast)

[quote user="fuzzyfelt"][quote user="norfolkchance1"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

What? I''m glad you''re not manager - Brown has played more than double the games Strihavka has (god knows why) and Hucks doesn''t play up front. Brown isn''t good enuf end of

I was going to mention something along this lines - surely it would be better to mention the amount of goals scored in the games Brown was present in and then you''ll see the truth.

Earlier in the season when Jamie was fit and firing on nearly all of his mini-cooper cylinders Brown was the partner.

Getting goals is never about one individual its about how the players around them provide them with the chances and perhaps more importantly than that - having a great strike partnership.

If you watch match of the day Rooney and Tevez prove that you don''t have to have a big and a small one, just a good understanding of each others games and a good team around you.

And all of the best teams down the ages have had that, you''ll get one striker that will bag hatfulls and another that will play a bit deeper and play a bigger role with the creation of the goals and the movement. Hence you have what people will call out-and-out strikers or poachers or "fox in the box" (which I hate because Jeffers was more like a giraffe on ice in the box!).

Its combinations and right now you look through the team and there are very few combinations that seem to be working. The striker partnership is not working, central midfield is not working, the centre backs are working more effeciently than most but is this because they have a good keeper behind them who is calling all the shots back there? Which adds would Marshall make a good captain?

For me the right choices have not been made, Otsemobor looked more comfortable with Croft in front of him, this may not be because Croft is good at helping him out but more because  they seem to understand each others games - for me this has to be the first choice as a result.

The next thing for me is that we need a set piece taker because when you are finding it hard to score you need someone who can put balls into the danger areas and threaten from set pieces which we have had more than our fair shair of. That means that Lappin is in, and for me I would drop Drury.

I have a lot of time for Roeder and I will back him because I am afraid we have little other choice now. And for those that love a whinge save it - no one wants to here that tosh after a hard days work!

Message to JC

On an earlier post about us getting kicked out of Colney you told me to get a life. For a split second I thought "perhaps this guy knows what he is on about".

Then, you go and blow it all away by suggesting Brellier as captain. What an idiot.

You dont have a clue do you?. Julien Brellier, oh my god. You have obviously never seen him play for City. Idiot.

Ugo Ehiogu from Rangers, getting on a bit at 34 (but still considerably younger than DD), on loan with a view to a permanent move. 

Would do a great job for us for a couple of years and has enough experience to have the immediate respect of the squad. 

Mark .Y.

[quote user="T07"]Change the captain ........

Grants two biggest mistakes to alienate the squad were to sell Safri and make Shack captain.   Didn''t   go   down   welll

[/quote]

T07 - I suspect you''re a squad member posting on here. So who should be captain, in your opinion?

Yes I do have a clue. 

Brellier, if you actually watched games instead of stalking players with your little autograph book, was outstanding for Hearts - a midfield general and a mature player in a team pushing Rangers and Celtic.  He is in the centre of the pitch and is the sort of physical character who could command respect.

How naive of you to judge him on a few appearances where he was unfit, injured and then demotivated by Grant. 

Idiot.

Message to JC

On an earlier post about us getting kicked out of Colney you told me to get a life. For a split second I thought "perhaps this guy knows what he is on about".

Then, you go and blow it all away by suggesting Brellier as captain. What an idiot.

You dont have a clue do you?. Julien Brellier, oh my god. You have obviously never seen him play for City. Idiot.

i agree with putting brellier as captain.

Russell couldnt command respect off a blow up doll. I like his work rate but hes hardly the roy keane of Norwich is he? Brellier on the other hand could be. . . . . .

[quote user="JC"]

Yes I do have a clue. 

Brellier, if you actually watched games instead of stalking players with your little autograph book, was outstanding for Hearts - a midfield general and a mature player in a team pushing Rangers and Celtic.  He is in the centre of the pitch and is the sort of physical character who could command respect.

How naive of you to judge him on a few appearances where he was unfit, injured and then demotivated by Grant. 

Idiot.

Message to JC

[/quote]

Maybe a little harsh of me to call you an idiot but I was just p**sed off that you slated me earlier. Apologies.

P.S I dont have a autograph book

Vern

Apology accepted and given in return.

[quote user="Vern from Sky TV"][quote user="JC"]

Yes I do have a clue. 

Idiot.

Message to JC

[/quote]

Maybe a little harsh of me to call you an idiot but I was just p**sed off that you slated me earlier. Apologies.

P.S I dont have a autograph book

Vern

[/quote]

You see JC the reason I didnt mention Brellier is that most people would go off the handles!

I have to say out of all of them Brellier would be my choice if Dubs not playing.

Good to see someone else sticking up for Brellier, JC!!

[quote user="djc"]

Sign a decent centrehalf.

Goals against stats for last 3 years says it all.

Worthy failed, as did Grant.

Sort it out.

[/quote]

YYYYyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssss!

The man Roeder listens to those who ask! [;)]