Sign in to follow this  
can u sit down please

martin taylor

Doesn''t seem like an overly negative comment...Some people are always digging for a reaction.

I was amazed when I read this, Martin Taylor is a great signing, stronger than anyone else we have in that position....

After all the false hope of Grant saying he may delve into the loan market for once, it''s nice to see some action instead of just words....

Roeder, nice first move!

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]Good signing, just disappointed its only for a month, lets hope Brum get kicked out of the cup early and we can get him back, if he is ok make him a permanent signing in January? [/quote]

Could this be a "Look, come for a month and see how you like it"?  It has often been done in the past.

AT LAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! a much needed decent centre half!!! well done glen!!!

After relegation Worthy Couldnt find one in 16 Months

Grant didnt get one in a year

Roeder gets one in... 3 Days!

I can vaguely recall Souness saying something along the lines of....."if it ever clicks in this boys head he is good enough to play for england".  I think he was implying that with all the talent he has he isn''t the brightest, would be awesome alongside Dion, a very powerful back 2. 

[quote user="HUDDY "]

[/quote]

Is this seriously the first proper central defender we''ve signed in two and a half years?

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="HUDDY "]

[/quote]

Is this seriously the first proper central defender we''ve signed in two and a half years?

[/quote]

Wasn''t Zesh Rehman a central defender?

We signed Davenport on loan for three months, but thats it....!!! and he had skill but never always switched on.... Taylor is good, good int he air and on the floor........ i''m starting to feel a little bit of pulling together by the fans on here in the last couple of days...!!! its good...... we all need to pull in the same direction now!!     

YELLOWS!!

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="HUDDY "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Looking back, I''m not even sure that Zesh Rahmen was a footballer.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="HUDDY "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I said "proper" [;)]

Yes he was. But that''s still only two, isn''t it?

Absolutely brilliant work Glenn. I am starting to think you are gonna be a great manager for us. Martin Taylor is a cracking central defender. Well done.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

In Name only! Yes, i forgot about him, but still, its a poor showing!!! That was ywo seaosna go we had him!

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes he was, but not a ''proper'' one.

yep - agreed great move - hope its the first of many.  bruce obviously felt sorry for us and our plight - his glum face when he watched from the stands at QPR revealed all about coming here, like not!  not adverse to helping his old muckers out. 

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="HUDDY "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I said "proper" [;)]

Yes he was. But that''s still only two, isn''t it?

[/quote]

Three with Davenport[:)]

Very surprised, chuffed and look forward to seeing him play for us, you know what its going to be like thou, come the end of the loan spell there will be people shouting for him to stay, I do hope so, as this would mean that he has played well. I wonder how much we have paid for him, I wouldn''t imagine that he would be cheap but it is good that we have stumped up the funds to loan him, he is the sort of ''championship'' player we need.

I imagine that most if not all of the people would be happy with this, well we know some who wouldn''t and will be slagging off Glen for getting him and the board for not doing it earlier or not getting John Terry in, which we should have if we want to get a playoff place........

[quote user="Scole Canary"]Well it didn''t take Mr Roeder long to realise we are weak in the centre of defence.[/quote]

Clearly not taken GR long at all!!

Sadly, just 3 years of poor defensive statistics, and us really badly needing one (at least one) would surely have been a huge clue for any previous manager/s.....

And statistically, he has already scored a Goal for Norwich, without even playing for us.

What a signing! Not many can boast such a record!

I wish him all the best. Welcome!

A new squad shirt No.5 by any chance?

Murray?  or does he not count as he had a multiple position tag.if so than the doc doesn''t count either for the same reason.

[quote user="West One Canary"]Just need Safri & Earnshaw back now.[/quote]

Hucks could talk Saffers into coming back and Earnshaw must be fed up with sitting on the bench [:D]

Just joking!!

welcome Martin Taylor! hope the month goes well and hows about a debut goal on sunday!

hope he does well for us.. perhaps we can sign him permanently in January

jas :)

Hate to sound a more ''pessimistic'' note but..........

Surely the priorities are;
a) get an experienced, creative midfielder 

b) get a goalscorer (old man Hartson clearly isn''t up to it)

Without (a) and (b) above we will continue to fire blanks and get relegated. End of. An awful TWO goals scored in the last EIGHT league games says it all, surely.

Shacks and Murray are adequate and Dublin should soon be fit again. Taylor may be a good player in his own right but will that mean we start creating chances and scoring a few goals? I think not. If Murray gets axed I think that will be unfair, he looks ok at centre back. Just hope GR is not seeing him as a left back!

BUT fair play to GR for moving quickly in the market anyway and I hope Taylor brings more strength to the back but it''s the other areas I''m worried about.        

I agree with West One (&Hucks),  we need Safri back desperately (he is only on loan isn''t he?), what are the rules in recalling him back to us, anyone know?  Without a decent midfield who can close players down, it wouldn''t matter if we had Bowen, Culverhouse, Watson & Bruce (in their primes!!) in defence. You can''t defend and squeeze teams up the field from your 18 yard box.

On a positive note though, great signing Glenn, like everyone has already said it''s only taken 3 seasons to realise it!