Sign in to follow this  
ca

Drury out for months

Drury is now out long term for months and Roeder has said that he intends to get someone in to fill that position, I get the feeling that we''ll get another couple of loan players arriving this week because he didnt hang around getting a new centre back did he?

Roeder said

“We definitely need to look at that position now we''ve lost Adams for a number of months. There''s no doubt about that. I know that Simon Lappin can fill in there but he looks to me much more an offensive player than a defensive player, so that will be one of the positions we do definitely need to fill.”

So we need a left back and a couple of midfielders short term, do we all agree?

dont liek to see any player injured but lets hope we get someone in who perfomrs a little bit better than Adam has done over the past 2 and a half years.

jas :)

yeah, but we''re stuck with Smith and Hartson and now Taylor, so we will have to wait for Hartsons loan to end before we can get another loan in, i think?

i wouldnt mind seeing a couple of signings made, there are some very good free agents out there Hatem Trabelsi (who would be my choice), Olivier Bernard-whos is very much looking for a club-why not us?

Do we have a limit of 4 loans ?

At the moment, we have Smith, Hartson, and Taylor.

Bit of a shame if we have to choose between a left back, a central midfielder, and sending Hartson back if he starts approaching fitness.

On balance, if we have to send someone back though, it would be Hartson, wouldn''t it ?

[quote user="cityangel"]

Drury is now out long term for months and Roeder has said that he intends to get someone in to fill that position, I get the feeling that we''ll get another couple of loan players arriving this week because he didnt hang around getting a new centre back did he?

Roeder said

“We definitely need to look at that position now we''ve lost Adams for a number of months. There''s no doubt about that. I know that Simon Lappin can fill in there but he looks to me much more an offensive player than a defensive player, so that will be one of the positions we do definitely need to fill.”

So we need a left back and a couple of midfielders short term, do we all agree?

[/quote]

There is another post about this elsewear, and as you complain about multiple posts I think you should have posted there and not a new one, you should now quit the board for ever now please, I don''t think that this board can take multiple posts on here, go Cuty Angel :)

I actually meany City angel, but I''ll stick with cuty angel......

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

Do we have a limit of 4 loans ?

At the moment, we have Smith, Hartson, and Taylor.

Bit of a shame if we have to choose between a left back, a central midfielder, and sending Hartson back if he starts approaching fitness.

On balance, if we have to send someone back though, it would be Hartson, wouldn''t it ?

[/quote]

lets not forget Roeder lieks to use youth... if theres some rough and ready 17 year old in the wings it could be his chance!

jas :)

That would be 4 season long loans.also only 6 loanees in the 16.I shall now kick off a campaign to get Gibbs (Arsenal) in on loan as he is a left back, and can''t half pass the ball!

well yes Gibbs would be useful, but he is usually a left winger, so it would mean just like lappin a player being played slightly out of position. And guaging from what Roeder said about Lappin, he is looking for a more defence minded left back...not that i''d grumble about gibbs.

[quote user="7rew"]

I shall now kick off a campaign to get Gibbs (Arsenal) in on loan as he is a left back, and can''t half pass the ball!
[/quote]

I noticed him playing for Arsenal against Sheff Utd on Wednesday. Looks a great prospect and one of a few English boys who are now coming through the ranks there.

Shame he''s in their Carling Cup squad, otherwise we might have stood a chance of getting him in.