Sign in to follow this  
gary

Roeder history

I am surprised that no one has yet asked Roeder about the time he was playing for QPR at Carrow Road and was hit by a lighter ( I believe ) thrown by a " fan " from the Barclay . I think it was our second Division promotion season in 82 and we were losing 1 -0 to them, think Roeder scored - and they were being obnoxious , fouling , time wasting etc , leading to the incident

I think that we were punished for it and also had the main part of the barclay closed for a match as punishment

Would be interesting to see Roeders response to the incident

You may as well ask him about how his school dinners shaped his footballing career and subsequent move in management, for all the relevance it has to now.

never said it had any relevance to anything at all - He has just been made the manager of the club , he has already said that he enjoyed a good record playing here , so one of those wins was for QPR , he was captain and he was hit by an object thrown from the stands - surely somebody would just ask , do you remember that day , how did you feel etc - no big thing just a quick answer needed   

[quote user="gary "]never said it had any relevance to anything at all - He has just been made the manager of the club , he has already said that he enjoyed a good record playing here , so one of those wins was for QPR , he was captain and he was hit by an object thrown from the stands - surely somebody would just ask , do you remember that day , how did you feel etc - no big thing just a quick answer needed   [/quote]

I suspect a conscience at work here gary, did you throw that lighter ? [:)]

[quote user="gary "]

I am surprised that no one has yet asked Roeder about the time he was playing for QPR at Carrow Road and was hit by a lighter ( I believe ) thrown by a " fan " from the Barclay . I think it was our second Division promotion season in 82 and we were losing 1 -0 to them, think Roeder scored - and they were being obnoxious , fouling , time wasting etc , leading to the incident

I think that we were punished for it and also had the main part of the barclay closed for a match as punishment

[/quote]

with a bit of luck he''d reply "i threw the siddin thing back at the bloke and split him between the eyes with it" the least the ''Fan'' would of deserved imo

jas :)

What a completely pointless and useless story and hopefully forgotten by everyone up to now. Anyway with the stadium becoming "non smoking" it is an incident that is unlikely to ever happen again.

What I am interested in is if Roeder is a family man. Does he have children and /or grandchildren. Where is his family home and does he intend to move to the Norwich area. Is his wife/partner happy he has taken the Norwich job. What are his hobbies outside football. Where does he take his holidays. Maybe someone can fill in this personal history. Maybe the "Pinkun" can run an article.

Good luck to the team this weekend!

[quote user="blahblahblah"]You may as well ask him about how his school dinners shaped his footballing career and subsequent move in management, for all the relevance it has to now.[/quote]

Why don''t you volunteer your services - as not only Mr Roeder''s official spokesman....but every club employee at Carra Rud. You seem to do plenty of lip-service in defence of those at NCFC......Now how about it, eh?

Incidentally, did you go home from school for lunch?[:P]

[quote]

Why don''t you volunteer your services - as not only Mr Roeder''s official spokesman....but every club employee at Carra Rud. You seem to do plenty of lip-service in defence of those at NCFC......Now how about it, eh?

Incidentally, did you go home from school for lunch?

[/quote]

Come on Mello.  Can you think of anything less facile to ask the bloke ?  Honestly ?  I can just imagine him getting doorstepped for stuff like that :

"Errr, Glenn, Bob Trousers from the edp, quick question if I may, do you think that being called "a big fairy" by Greg Downs in 1981* has had a deep and lasting psychological impact on your life, and may have led you to take the job at Norwich ?"

Oh, and no, I stayed in school and had sandwiches.  Did you forget your sandwiches, Mello ?

* May not have happened.

[quote user="gary "]

[/quote]David Cuffley says:"I was at this game and it was the ref (believe it was Brian Hill) who was hit by the lighter and had to be treated by Norwich physio Tim Sheppard. I dug out the negs funnily enough for this week''s Pink ''Un Freeze Frame*. There are pics of the ref consulting police etc. Roeder was playing and did indeed score the winner, but I don''t remember him being hit by the lighter. It was Feb 27, 1982."

* That''s Freeze Frame in the printed Pink ''Un this Saturday (available from all good newsagents!), not to be confused with the blog column of the same name on the website)

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]

[/quote]

Come on Mello.  Can you think of anything less facile to ask the bloke ?  Honestly ?  I can just imagine him getting doorstepped for stuff like that :

"Errr, Glenn, Bob Trousers from the edp, quick question if I may, do you think that being called "a big fairy" by Greg Downs in 1981* has had a deep and lasting psychological impact on your life, and may have led you to take the job at Norwich ?"

Oh, and no, I stayed in school and had sandwiches.  Did you forget your sandwiches, Mello ?

* May not have happened.

[/quote]

*Is your real name Bob Trousers? Goofy teeth, exploding acne complexion, pigeon toed, pudgy fingers, runny nose, white socks, plastic sandals, snake-belt, Abba fan, scared of Girls and your "Trouser''s Trousers" permanently around your @rsecrack? Because, if you''re really Bob Trousers, didn''t you run screaming to the Headmaster after someone nicked your pushbike and the sarnies from your lunchbox - and left a fat juicy earthworm ''as payment''?.......Did that incident Cyclelogically impact on your life and are you now the ''worm'' that''s turned?

I was really quite attached to that earthworm.......( and your tyres were flat and your bell was naff - and I much prefer real butter - and wholemeal bread).

*May have happened.

Apologies if you''re not Bob Trousers.....Then you just might be his chum, Norman Shorts, who ran screaming to the Headmaster........[6]

[quote user="Grando"]What happened to the lighter?[/quote]

My God....What fuel did it take? What brand of tabs was it used to light?

I''d have thought,bottom of the league...can''t score a goal to save our life....match v the Scum on sun....new manager.......

Aren''t there more important things to concern ourselves with?

This story about somebody chucking a lighter at Roeder reminds me of an amusing tale in Micky Quinn''s autobiography "Who Ate All The Pies?" Apparently "Sumo" was playing in a match at Upton Park (for Coventry?) and was standing in an advanced position awaiting a corner kick. He was standing quite near some of the more vociferous ''Ammers fans behind the goal, who had been giving it plenty of the Sumo chant during the match, when suddenly somebody threw a pie at him. He caught it in mid-flight and then proceeded to eat it to the delight of the crowd. What a sport. I would have been completely embarrased and possibly a bit angry if it had happened to me.

[quote user="mello bored on a friday"]

*Is your real name Bob Trousers? Goofy teeth, exploding acne complexion, pigeon toed, pudgy fingers, runny nose, white socks, plastic sandals, snake-belt, Abba fan, scared of Girls and your "Trouser''s Trousers" permanently around your @rsecrack? Because, if you''re really Bob Trousers, didn''t you run screaming to the Headmaster after someone nicked your pushbike and the sarnies from your lunchbox - and left a fat juicy earthworm ''as payment''?.......Did that incident Cyclelogically impact on your life and are you now the ''worm'' that''s turned?

I was really quite attached to that earthworm.......( and your tyres were flat and your bell was naff - and I much prefer real butter - and wholemeal bread).

*May have happened.

Apologies if you''re not Bob Trousers.....Then you just might be his chum, Norman Shorts, who ran screaming to the Headmaster........[6]

[/quote]

There''s really only one answer I can give to this on a Friday afternoon Mello old chum - rumbled.  I am now a dashingly handsome and somewhat secretive Arms dealer, who likes to relax from a hard week of supplying bombs and guns to the depots of despots by asset-stripping football clubs, and I have changed my name by deed-poll to the slightly more ridiculous Marcus Evans.  Still, it''s nice to know that the little guys you ran from on the way up remember you, eh ? [:)]  Me and my taliban chums will be over to sort you out in quick order on Sunday.

Yours with an ever-burning passion,

Mr Trousers.

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]

[/quote]

* May not have happened.

[/quote]

*May have happened.

[/quote]

Hehehehehe.... I just love it when people are horrible to blubblub.....

11/10  A[*]