Sign in to follow this  
lucky green trainers

taylor & murray - central defence partners???

pre season my wish was for 2 new central defenders, with shax on the bench and the doc gone.  ok - doc has been better, but our defence doesn''t convince me enough.  shax is good on his day, but makes mistakes - through losing concentration???why not pair taylor with murray - see how this combo works out. murray for me, although a mare at left back, has looked comfortable in the middle.  hopefully, he''s fully fit now - his stamina final 20 mins is a concern for me, but overall we could have a classy central defence pairing that provides a solid bedrock for the team to progress on.thoughts?????????

deffoMurray has actually been very solid at CB in the games ive seen him in, a partnership with Taylor could be very good. Im particulary enthusiastic about the fact Taylors 6''''4, we need a big CB to scare strikers.

I like Murray, I think he is a composed defender and he has played a lot of Old Firm games and I don''t actually rate Shacks anymore, I used to think he is decent but he has lost his way.

I must admit to liking Murray at centre half. When he has been there we have looked quite solid whether he be partnering The Doc,Big  or even Shacks.

I for one would definitely like to see him with Taylor on Sunday. Although the pair will lack pace, they should both be capable of dealing with Lee’s physical threat and whatever Pooblower decides to do.

It would be a bonus not having Shackell in the line up.

People have said that Taylor lacks pace, so needs to be partenered with a faster centre back. Im not saying lightining but reasonable, i think the best partnerships of the last few years for other teams has been big lads, with a slightly nimbler partner, i think Murray would be that to Taylor. Semmy dosent lack pace, and lappins no slouch, so they should be able to deal with Ipswich''s tricky wingers, and hopefully Murray and Taylor will be more than a match for the two big lads in the centre ( Counag-who?, and Alan Free).

Murray + Brellier have done the big Scotland derbies so I think they should at least be considered for Sunday

The point isnt that you should fear Murray- thats what Taylor is undoubtabley for. He has played for Rangers, one of the big teams in Scotland and far bigger than ourselves.

Murray and Taylor for me